HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:08 pm 

Foreveryoung wrote:
Just a quick observation:

The Liberal guy has many large signs on town/regional property, but very few signs on individual property owners lawns.
The Conservative candidate has fewer of the large roadside posters but significantly more of the individual home owners signs.

What to make of that?

According to http://www.threehundredeight.com/p/canada.html Milton is currently polling at 73% Conservative (down from 78% a week ago). Rizvee has to try harder, think bigger and be smarter if he wants to make an impact. I think his sign strategy is working against him though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:19 pm 

Foreveryoung wrote:
Just a quick observation:

The Liberal guy has many large signs on town/regional property, but very few signs on individual property owners lawns.
The Conservative candidate has fewer of the large roadside posters but significantly more of the individual home owners signs.

What to make of that?

All it mean is he's got money to print big signs, and somebody to put them up. It doesn't reflect voter interested at all. I polling Annie posted is completely unsurprising. Lisa has this riding in the bag. She can't take it for granted by any means but everyone else has a lar blue hill to conquer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:27 pm 

I find it sickening the signs that go up around election time
Why would a single empty lot need 5 signs 10 feet apart from each other all by same candidate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:35 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Why would a single empty lot need 5 signs 10 feet apart from each other all by same candidate

Who ever shouts the loudest is heard the most.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:13 pm 

Annie wrote:
Mr.Peppermint wrote:

Who ever shouts the loudest is heard the most.
:( It's distracted driving at its finest like those video ad boards popping up at most intersections.

READ ME READ ME READ ME (disclaimer; if you hit something it's not our fault)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:55 am 

freemantrailfamily wrote:
All it mean is he's got money to print big signs, and somebody to put them up. It doesn't reflect voter interested at all. I polling Annie posted is completely unsurprising. Lisa has this riding in the bag. She can't take it for granted by any means but everyone else has a lar blue hill to conquer..

Like i mentioned, the Liberal guy has paid the same Min Maxx utility guy driving in a truck hammering those big signs up in the town/regional properties. It is not actual committed voters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:15 am 

mflair wrote:
freemantrailfamily wrote:
All it mean is he's got money to print big signs, and somebody to put them up. It doesn't reflect voter interested at all. I polling Annie posted is completely unsurprising. Lisa has this riding in the bag. She can't take it for granted by any means but everyone else has a lar blue hill to conquer..

Like i mentioned, the Liberal guy has paid the same Min Maxx utility guy driving in a truck hammering those big signs up in the town/regional properties. It is not actual committed voters.

You mean the same guy who walks around putting those annoying door hangers on my door every week?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:57 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:

There should be a law that prohibits that. It's just too much.
Tbh seeing so many signs in a row turns me off a candidate.
When I was in Burlington about a week ago I didn't see a single election sign.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:40 am 

Well someone is taken it upon themselves to start removing some of Lisa's signs, and then creating actual litter with them. Saw at least 5 damaged, broken, cut, etc. signs on my walk last night in the Harrison neighbourhood.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:29 am 

Probably the wind, I've seen broken signs from both candidates around town. Signs that are that large are prone to being damaged by wind. Don't know why they need to be that large to begin with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:02 pm 

Sandeep wrote:
Probably the wind, I've seen broken signs from both candidates around town. Signs that are that large are prone to being damaged by wind. Don't know why they need to be that large to begin with.

These weren't the BIG ones, just the medium sized ones. And I don't think wind can 'cut' the sign, leaving a straight edge on both sides with the remaining bits still attached to the posts ... but alas, maybe it's ninja wind ;)

The ones with broken posts, were knocked down westward, which is the opposite way the wind blows normally. I don't recall any easterly winds blowing west with any real power in the past week ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:11 pm 

Noticed quite a few Lisa Raitt signs sliced right down on both sides along LSL west of Bronte. 2×2 posts were still intact. Definitely not the wind. Brutal. Corrugated plastic doesn't just slice apart. Definitely the work of a utility knife.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:34 pm 

I'm just waiting for an enormous red Liberal/MinMaxx/Rizvee blimp, with megaphones and flashing strobe light hovering around town at all hours of the night. :cry:

I do like Chris Jewell's approach, some modest signs in some key areas around town.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:21 am 

mflair wrote:
I'm just waiting for an enormous red Liberal/MinMaxx/Rizvee blimp, with megaphones and flashing strobe light hovering around town at all hours of the night. :cry:

That would actually be awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:23 am 

All Lib signs in Mississauga seem to be about the same size and frequency. Maybe it's a standardized thing?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next