HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1192
Haha they see the stock go down one day here and there and proclaim themselves all star CFOs.

It’s never stupid when you’re playing with money you can afford to lose! Basically this all amounts to whether or not I spend my ski trips in deluxe slope side accommodation or a cheaper spot in town. Hopefully one day Carl and Peps have some disposable income they can have fun with too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm
Posts: 1177
I'm sensing the purpose of this thread has drifted a tad over time.

_________________
Fireworks aiming straight at heaven
Temporary towers soar
Till there are no stars shining up in heaven
Till there are no stars any more


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1192
B&T402 wrote:
I'm sensing the purpose of this thread has drifted a tad over time.


I just wanted someone to come along for the ride. Nothawthorny did, and now we’re sipping drinks in Barbados at the beach bar we just bought. Ironically, cannabis is illegal here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm
Posts: 1177
Hodor wrote:
B&T402 wrote:
I'm sensing the purpose of this thread has drifted a tad over time.


I just wanted someone to come along for the ride. Nothawthorny did, and now we’re sipping drinks in Barbados at the beach bar we just bought. Ironically, cannabis is illegal here.

I can't decide whether you've missed or made my point, but I have to admit it could be both.

_________________
Fireworks aiming straight at heaven
Temporary towers soar
Till there are no stars shining up in heaven
Till there are no stars any more


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 am
Posts: 675
I think bragging or an in your face is ok. Given we were originally told we needed to get educated.. Mature no, awesome, yes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1192
NotHawthorny wrote:
I think bragging or an in your face is ok. Given we were originally told we needed to get educated.. Mature no, awesome, yes.


Can you make them go back up please? I'm all out of lube and it's starting to hurt.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm
Posts: 1177
Hodor wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:
I think bragging or an in your face is ok. Given we were originally told we needed to get educated.. Mature no, awesome, yes.


Can you make them go back up please? I'm all out of lube and it's starting to hurt.

The smarter-thans I've spoken to got into this eons ago and are out already, about when you were halfway through your lube stash.

Here's that inconvenient asshole GT again:
Quote:
In short, don’t be afraid to invest. But do it correctly, in the full expectation there’ll be 10% or 15% corrections lasting weeks or months. That takes balance. And diversification. Buying individual stocks is a far bigger gamble than buying the whole market with an ETF. That’s especially true for the weed sector. If you’ve ridden this thing up, it’s time to get off. Like Bitcoin, there’s a huge speculative element here.

Be neither fearful nor greedy.

_________________
Fireworks aiming straight at heaven
Temporary towers soar
Till there are no stars shining up in heaven
Till there are no stars any more


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:14 am
Posts: 4488
Location: Milton
Maybe there should be an "investments" section on this forum. Just saying.

_________________
For Home Inspection services call Andy Shaw at Halton Home Inspection Service. 905 876 4761

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm
Posts: 1177
There's "Milton Real Estate", isn't that the same thing?

_________________
Fireworks aiming straight at heaven
Temporary towers soar
Till there are no stars shining up in heaven
Till there are no stars any more


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1192
B&T402 wrote:
Hodor wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:
I think bragging or an in your face is ok. Given we were originally told we needed to get educated.. Mature no, awesome, yes.


Can you make them go back up please? I'm all out of lube and it's starting to hurt.

The smarter-thans I've spoken to got into this eons ago and are out already, about when you were halfway through your lube stash.

Here's that inconvenient asshole GT again:
Quote:
In short, don’t be afraid to invest. But do it correctly, in the full expectation there’ll be 10% or 15% corrections lasting weeks or months. That takes balance. And diversification. Buying individual stocks is a far bigger gamble than buying the whole market with an ETF. That’s especially true for the weed sector. If you’ve ridden this thing up, it’s time to get off. Like Bitcoin, there’s a huge speculative element here.

Be neither fearful nor greedy.


I’m not a day trader - in early and in for the long haul (4 more years). Games not over yet.

It’s a shame. Instead of the 225% gains I’m now only enjoying 150%. Guess it’s canned ravioli for supper for me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 10:02 pm
Posts: 539
NotHawthorny wrote:
Don't worry, Carl and Peppermint will be here to remind us what a stupid decision we have made.

Your quote pretty much speaks for itself no?
Investing in a stock because of your own personal interest in getting high?
Need I say more?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:27 am
Posts: 2938
Mr.Peppermint wrote:
NotHawthorny wrote:
Don't worry, Carl and Peppermint will be here to remind us what a stupid decision we have made.

Your quote pretty much speaks for itself no?
Investing in a stock because of your own personal interest in getting high?
Need I say more?


Have you said something? Ever? I missed it. Say it again or say something else without a question mark for once.

_________________
Even the calendar says WTF after Monday and Tuesday.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1192
Peps is dumb. He’s not even good at trolling, let alone rational thought. I think all those years smoking oregano thinking it was dope have taken their toll.

Brb gotta “wake and bake.”


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.082s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]