HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:17 pm 

^^^ from what I've been told and read, yes the pipes would have been frozen if freon was low.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:42 am 

lancaster wrote:
If your AC has been sized right to begin with, then it should cool adequatly and stop periodically when it reaches its set temprature. If yours runs none stop, and still does not cool, then there is something wrong. Yes, not only yours but your fathers too. No system is designed to run continously without stopping, and if its not cooling as it should then what good is it for? If it cant cool, get it seen too. It could be a simple freon boost, but you wont know until its checked. I installed enough for myself and friends so i guess i know a thing or two. Again if yours is a new unit and it does not cool, dont blame the hot weather, because thats what it supposed to do. cool! It looks like some crook, sold u a bill of poor goods if his telling you its too hot for it to cool. In Texas, etc its hot hot every day of the year. Are you going to tell those people down there that this is the best it can do? LOL. Trust me, you need to get it checked out. No way should a new unit fail to cool a house if it was installed the way it should be. If its running ok, but does not cool, then its one of 2 things in 90% of the cases. Low on freon, or it was underdised to sell you a lower cost unit. Too often i have seen people compete on price, and install a 2.5 tonn unit When they really needed a 3 tonn unit etc. Just an example. If you dont feel comfortable in the heat, then best turn it off and save some money. Because if its just spinning and no cool air, why waste money. Turn it off and sit in Walmart. Free cooling. LOL

I can tell that you not only not know what you are talking about but that you don't even have any valid Refrigeration qualifications such as 313A or D hence your statement is cheap and full of holes , Trust you? you shouldn't be near any air-conditioners period as you will either kill yourself or burn some poor customer's house down !!! If you are such a wonderful HVAC er then why don't you have your own business instead of freelancing side jobs ?
OCOT would love to nap you one day .
Only an Asshole would throw rocks at a Great wall .

Last edited by Nissan Air on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:30 am 

Deep wrote:
^^^ from what I've been told and read, yes the pipes would have been frozen if freon was low.

See mine dont freeze. Thats why Im asking here to see what others think.

Im pretty sure the AC unit itself is fine based on the low temp output and the cold but not frozen pipe.

I have one room that has no second floor above it and for a while I been suspecting bad insulation in its attic. I also have no way to access that attic.

I gotta find a way to look in there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:40 am 

007 wrote:
Deep wrote:

Im pretty sure the AC unit itself is fine based on the low temp output and the cold but not frozen pipe.

I have one room that has no second floor above it and for a while I been suspecting bad insulation in its attic. I also have no way to access that attic.

Call Mason out for a look-see - service call won't be too expensive and he'll let you know what's up, if something is up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:00 am 

Deep wrote:
007 wrote:
Deep wrote:

Call Mason out for a look-see - service call won't be too expensive and he'll let you know what's up, if something is up.

I could do that, Ive dealt with him before. I just dont think its the actual AC unit. Im gonna try and peek in that un accessible attic space first. then if I think its a hvac problem give him a call.

I was just checking its HCFC-22 so if it does need a top up I think Im sol and replacing.

Kinda sucks.

Maybe Ill make my own access (rip open ceiling lol)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:06 pm 

007 wrote:
I could do that, Ive dealt with him before. I just dont think its the actual AC unit. Im gonna try and peek in that un accessible attic space first. then if I think its a hvac problem give him a call.

I was just checking its HCFC-22 so if it does need a top up I think Im sol and replacing.

Kinda sucks.

Maybe Ill make my own access (rip open ceiling lol)

I'm sure you've got access somewhere in the house...

Either way, call Mason - even if it's not the AC - he can investigate the culprit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:30 pm 

The second floor attic has access via the second floor master walk in closet the lower level attic has no access.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:39 pm 

Lower level attic? Never had a home with a lower level attic myself, so no help here...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:14 am 

one room has no second floor over it and no access to its attic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:38 am 

You think the one room area would do enough to make a difference? Just curious. Seems that it would need to be dumping into that space in order to make such a difference, no!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:39 pm 

the 300 square foot area could be the issue if uninstalled.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:32 am 

If your furnace is close to 15 years old and you have a major problem please consider a new furnace vs inventing lots of $ into a old furnace. We changed a furnace today in Milton that was 15 years old and the client changed a part every year for the past 4 years costing close to $2000. There neighbour across the road also spent $1200 to replace heat exchangers on a furnace the same age, this makes no sense. Please call us for a 2nd opinion!
Thanks,
Craig

See our Client Testimonials here
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:45 pm 

Hello
air conditioner approx. 12 years old for a 2300 sq ft home mattamy
keeprite sx2300 model...
so this past Thursday..you can hear a humming noise and the air conditioner trying to start and no luck..so called a sirconditioning person of homestars..he said I was low on Freon..so added at same time ..my furnace motor blower did not work..so he did not have time to do that..so I called another company to change the furnace blower motor...at same time that company asked if I wanted to add one and done leak stop for leaks in system..so got that...so the first night system was working fine..and now got home from work and have it set at 73 and it was at 76 all day...looked at copper pipe at air conditioner and no condensation..and warmer air is blowing through vents....once in a while you do get cold air..and the copper has condensation....
so today called the guy that added the Freon..he said most likely compressor motor needs to be changed due to I being low on freeon...also other guy who installed the furnace motor blower said...he would change air condition capacitor with a booster...freeon guy said, that might help in the short run

also
- so it seems the ac only works properly in the evening til the morning, as I see the ac was blowing cold air at 8pm when it was 76 to 73 , than it would shut off, and than would kick in to maintain the 73 and noticed still cold air...but during the day , the ac throws out warmer air

your thoughts
thanks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:08 pm 

dcjcdc wrote:
Hello
air conditioner approx. 12 years old for a 2300 sq ft home mattamy
keeprite sx2300 model...
so this past Thursday..you can hear a humming noise and the air conditioner trying to start and no luck..so called a sirconditioning person of homestars..he said I was low on Freon..so added at same time ..my furnace motor blower did not work..so he did not have time to do that..so I called another company to change the furnace blower motor...at same time that company asked if I wanted to add one and done leak stop for leaks in system..so got that...so the first night system was working fine..and now got home from work and have it set at 73 and it was at 76 all day...looked at copper pipe at air conditioner and no condensation..and warmer air is blowing through vents....once in a while you do get cold air..and the copper has condensation....
so today called the guy that added the Freon..he said most likely compressor motor needs to be changed due to I being low on freeon...also other guy who installed the furnace motor blower said...he would change air condition capacitor with a booster...freeon guy said, that might help in the short run

your thoughts
thanks

See our Client Testimonials here
http://homestars.com/companies/2797675- ... on-comfort
viewtopic.php?t=24763

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:36 am 

have a lennox g43uf-48c-090-06 s-n 5905g15389 model of furnace
12 years old ...has dehumidifier on side if that helps....in the last 2 weeks...
the furnace has shut off in the middle of the night..
usually have set at 73 during day..night set at 68..woke up this morning 63
just turned heat up and went up to normal..same as last week..have honywell thermosat
- not sure if ffurnace related the shut down or thermostat..
should I start with changing thermostat
thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next