HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

Who are you voting for?
Liberals 36%  36%  [ 30 ]
Conservatives 57%  57%  [ 48 ]
NDP 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Other 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 84
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:02 pm 

I am unable to make my decision - I would love to hear from you all - your perspective of who are you thinking of voting for, and why?

Liberals, Conservatives, NDP, Other?

Last edited by rino on Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:14 pm 

Me too. We’re all better off with Wynne’s “Safe Hands”.

Attachments:
imagesCAI8YCBF.jpg
imagesCAI8YCBF.jpg [ 5.27 KiB | Viewed 3067 times ]
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:19 pm 

Hudak looks like Michael Keaton...around the eyebrows and mouth region.

Last edited by NewInTown on Thu May 08, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:24 pm 

OHHHH! I never knew they were THAT pretty!... and he’s batman to boot!

Now I’m questioning my decision. Who looks better in a thong?

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:25 pm 

HUDAK is a hottie but I'm Liberal. Not sure why. I think it's cause my mother told me so.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:29 pm 

Makes sense. Nobody capable of independent thought votes Liberal.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:32 pm 

bremer, you have NO idea how right you are. Most who vote Liberal is because that's what they always did...what their parents always did...etc etc.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:36 pm 

Whoever is pro-gay. But just lesbians as man on man is gross.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:39 pm 

I voted Liberal last time as it looked like Dalton was finally getting serious about fiscal restraint (instead of doubling the debt since 2003), and also because Hudak was simply trying to be Dalton Lite. I was hopefully that Wynne would stay on course and get rid of the deficit, but instead she is increasing the deficit, and will drive more jobs away from Ontario with high electricity rates, and the new proposed ORPP. Every story I read on it says that the govt projects $3.5 Billion (with a B!) will be collected every year - that is 3.5 Billion (with a B!) taken out of the economy - people bringing home less money to spend (even if only 1.9%) and companies having less money (1.9% per employee!) Ontario is already facing troubles keeping and attracting companies (unless we pay them $100,000 per job for a 5 year commitment! - Open Text and Cisco)

Add on top of that their new "revenue tools" to fund transit cover only half of the cost of the proposed transit, and the fact that they are increasing the deficit by 1.5 Billion dollars (more than 12 Billion in the red in their proposed budget!) and I have no faith in them. Interest payments on the debt (again, doubled since 2003!) are over $10 Billion a year (and rising) - interest on debt is the 3rd or 4th highest program expense in the entire budget!

Throw in that no one party should be in power for too long - it leads to entitlement thinking, arrogance and scandal. After 11 years, the Liberals need to go, before they blow another $billion to buy 5 seats like the gas plants. (and side note - next year is time for the Tories to go Federally as well - I am not enamored with Justin, but he is the best option I think and hope.)

So that being said, I hope Hudak does not screw things up with stupid, silly policy ideas (I like his focus on Jobs, Jobs, Jobs right now), and hopefully he comes through as Tim Hudak, not Liberal lite like last time. if not, he is out of a job and Ontario will be far worse off.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:45 pm 

[quote="NewInTown"]Hudak looks like Michael Keaton...around the eyebrows and mouth region.

Maybe if he quoted "I'm Batman", more people would vote for him. Or during the debate, turn to Wynne and ask "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" (and yes I know that was Jack's awesome Joker who said that one)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:51 pm 

Definitely not Liberal for me. I want people to think about our late neighbour Kimm and how her Avastin couldn't be covered the Government, yet they could blow hundreds of millions on the gas plant scandal and ORNGE and not be accountable. F that.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:01 pm 

rickp wrote:
Or during the debate, turn to Wynne and ask "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" (and yes I know that was Jack's awesome Joker who said that one)

Even better, he could turn to Whynne, and slice her head off with a Batarang.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:00 pm 

The ornge fiasco was bad. However I still don't think it is as bad as giving away the 407 for 99 years with no control over it. What a nightmare we are all stuck with.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:20 pm 

Yeah, that highway that’s almost always congestion free and regularly adds new lanes to handle increased traffic is a total nightmare.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:26 pm 

Some people must be very partisan, as I'm not sure what other reason there is that someone could vote liberal this time around. That or people are just idiots and ill informed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next