HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 12:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:56 pm
Posts: 520
does anyone have a link for a map of where the tremaine/401 interchange is going to be. i apparently naively assumed it would be in the vicinity of tremaine and the 401.

for 6 years i've been living south of derry near savoline, commuting into brampton or toronto every workday. i abhor sitting in traffic. i hardly ever, ever take derry road to go anywhere outside of milton. i very often go west just to get to tremaine, to zip up to steeles and across to 25 to the 401. every minute earlier I can get on to the 401 is that much more traffic i can avoid throughout the 401. if i didn't want to go west first like that, and just sat on derry to go across all the way to - what, trafalgar? - it'd take me an extra half hour to even get onto the 401, and then the traffic on the 401 would be even that much worse.

anyhow, all that is to say, anything that helps me get to the 401 quicker helps, and I can't possibly be the only person in milton in that situation.

but i guess you guys are all saying that for those of you for whom the derry/trafalgar situation is the problem, the tremaine/401 interchange won't help anything. so my question - do you guys take derry all the way into mississauga or toronto, and then back again? I'm just trying to understand this, because i can't think of where'd I'd have to get to that would make me regularly drive across derry at that intersection in bad traffic, as my best option.

and i've had 3 hours sleep in the last 30-40 hrs, so if some of this didn't make sense, that's why. good night.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 pm
Posts: 190
prickly_pete wrote:
D&M wrote:
I guess these issues are too trivial for Mike. He hasn't responded at all.

We should vote for Mike because he will do what???


Mike has actually been pretty busy lately helping with charity fundraisers and keeping his constituents updated via Facebook and his website.

This is a forum of mostly anonymous weirdos. Understandably low priority here for sure.


Agreed! but if you start a thread asking for support of the people then I think you should check back in and respond to their questions. Mike chose this as one of his communication channels.

How can this be a low priority? According to the site there were 3 registered users, 4 guests and a gazillion bots on this site in the last 5 minutes :-)

Maybe he is too busy reading the "shaving" thread......... best trainwreck of a thread ever!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:24 pm
Posts: 15
Hey Mike,
In the Milton Trails community we have 2 schools, Queen of Heaven and Escarpment Public School. The major east subdivision does not connect with the major west subdivision thru the trail system in a community called MILTON TRAILS!! Zeeshan has been asked about this on his commentary but has chosen not to answer/ignore the question. Seeing that you sit on a safety community for Milton can you get the town to see reason and get a proper pedistrian walkway built. This may eliminate some of the traffic on Scott/Savoline as kids/parents may walk/ride bikes to school as opposed to driving them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:17 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: Arthur's Way
jaxx wrote:
Wondering if there is any intention of fencing around Irma Coulson's parking lot along Derry?



Hi Jaxx...

I know I answered your question on FB earlier but i'll post one here. As far as I know there arent any plans for fencing on the Derry Road side for the school or by the parking lot. I will also get input from Kim Graves, who is the current trustee for the area to see if she will look into it as well.

_________________
Mike Cluett
Local/Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 & 8

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Posts: 5619
Namkia wrote:
Hey Mike,
In the Milton Trails community we have 2 schools, Queen of Heaven and Escarpment Public School. The major east subdivision does not connect with the major west subdivision thru the trail system in a community called MILTON TRAILS!! Zeeshan has been asked about this on his commentary but has chosen not to answer/ignore the question. Seeing that you sit on a safety community for Milton can you get the town to see reason and get a proper pedistrian walkway built. This may eliminate some of the traffic on Scott/Savoline as kids/parents may walk/ride bikes to school as opposed to driving them.


Wait, can you please point out where this question was asked so I can answer it there?

Zeeshan Hamid

_________________
Milton Councillor
https://zeehamid.com | zee@zeehamid.com
Also: FB.me/zeehamid4 | twitter: @zeehamid4 | 416-823-6993


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:17 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: Arthur's Way
What needs to be done is a review/constant check of timing of lights along Derry Road. I cant specifically promise you that Derry and Trafalgar will be green every time you go through, as that would be impossible. The struggle is to deal with the feeder roads that go onto Derry Road and unless you live on Derry Road and have direct access, everyone comes out of the feeder roads.

Like some of the previous comments, it really shouldnt be up to the councillor for the area to constantly maintain the lights. Its something that has to be done by staff and make modifications along the way. Thats what theyre paid for. All intersections need to be monitored including one of the biggest problems Derry and Trafalgar.

I hope this helps. These lights and the flow of traffic is critical to make the morning and afternoon commutes as easy as possible for motorists.

miltonLeo wrote:
Hi Mike, thank you for the speedy reply, much appreciated.

To be clear, I'm not concerned about the feeder street light timing as I realize that's the cost of growth. Specifically the issue is the particular light at the Derry/trafalgar intersection. This single light -- I am not kidding, just this one single light -- is often completely responsible for the entire backup to past Trudeau. It is this light and only this light's timing that I'd like to understand if you have a plan to fix, and how.

The 401/Tremaine intersection is interesting insofar as it will help with a westward commute to KW, but it will not alleviate an eastward commute because one would need to be a masochist to get on the 401 even earlier than trafalgar, let alone to drive so many extra kms out of the way of a straightline path for the pain of the 401 parking lot. Incidentally however, I would be quite interested in a 407 exchange at Tremaine. That is an exchange that I would happily drive out of my way for, unlike 401/Tremaine.

Meanwhile, if you could address specifically the Derry/Trafalgar light I would greatly appreciate it and you would cement my vote. Thanks very much.

_________________
Mike Cluett
Local/Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 & 8

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:17 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: Arthur's Way
As weve recently seen this past week with a truck turnover on the 401 at James Snow Parkway (not the first and sadly probably wont be the last) having an interchange at Tremaine will help backup on the 401 and provide drivers with options.

Having an interchange at 401 and Tremaine Road will not solve everything. Far from it. Its all part of a regional mobility plan that will provide drivers with options. The evening commute brings issues to Main Street, Steeles Ave and Derry Road due the the drivers from the west side of town returning home. This way there will be an exit for them and hence reduce the westerly flow of traffic on the major roads at that time.

There is no silver bullet to solve all problems...light timing, infrastructure needs, interchanges are all part of the solution that will help traffic flow better.

miltonLeo wrote:
dillon wrote:
well at least, every car that goes up tremaine to the 401 is one less car clogging up derry rd on the way to 25 or james snow or trafalgar, for what its worth.

Sure, but by your own admission that's only worth doing during off peak and Derry isn't clogged during off peak. Hence the 401 exchange will solve nothing ... even if we did believe that a councillor could sooner expedite the building of a 401 interchange than he could solve a light timing issue at a single county intersection. (??)

Also, have you checked out the location of the 401/Tremaine exchange on a map? It is seriously off the route of anyone living near Derry road. No one near Derry road would drive all the way up to Tremaine and #5 Side Road just for the pleasure of sitting in 401 traffic back down to Trafalgar south of Steeles. It's not a solution.

_________________
Mike Cluett
Local/Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 & 8

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:17 pm
Posts: 3525
Namkia wrote:
Hey Mike,
In the Milton Trails community we have 2 schools, Queen of Heaven and Escarpment Public School. The major east subdivision does not connect with the major west subdivision thru the trail system in a community called MILTON TRAILS!! Zeeshan has been asked about this on his commentary but has chosen not to answer/ignore the question. Seeing that you sit on a safety community for Milton can you get the town to see reason and get a proper pedistrian walkway built. This may eliminate some of the traffic on Scott/Savoline as kids/parents may walk/ride bikes to school as opposed to driving them.


Your community neighbourhood is actually called Scott Neighbourhood. The builder marketting name was Milton Trails. I wouldn't confuse the two. Mike was a strong supporter of the Trails Master Plan update and was at all the public input sessions. Did you express your concern about this connection at any of those meetings?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:17 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: Arthur's Way
martin prince wrote:
I want someone to own that light and fix it; to make it their pet project. Not to have the traffic dept stick a couple of black car counting strips on the road and adjust without ever actually looking at the intersection. I’m talking about hands on, multiple days on site to see how it works and adjust accordingly and make it never be an issue for us again because they will stay on top of it. No more 4 or 5+ cycles before you get through.

Derry has enough lanes for the traffic load – now please make it so we can use it.


The former representative from Regional Council took that on as his pet project...problem not solved because the focus was on one spot. I want the review of all lights from Derry Trafalgar to JSP to Thompson to Ontario to Bronte St....all have their own issues that add to the problem. The problem needs to be fixed. For that, I will take ownership and make sure the job gets done.

_________________
Mike Cluett
Local/Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 & 8

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:17 pm
Posts: 2540
Location: Arthur's Way
Here is a link to the project details of the Tremaine Road widening project as well as info on the interchange where it is intended to go.

https://www.halton.ca/common/pages/UserFile.aspx?fileId=95803

dillon wrote:
does anyone have a link for a map of where the tremaine/401 interchange is going to be. i apparently naively assumed it would be in the vicinity of tremaine and the 401.

for 6 years i've been living south of derry near savoline, commuting into brampton or toronto every workday. i abhor sitting in traffic. i hardly ever, ever take derry road to go anywhere outside of milton. i very often go west just to get to tremaine, to zip up to steeles and across to 25 to the 401. every minute earlier I can get on to the 401 is that much more traffic i can avoid throughout the 401. if i didn't want to go west first like that, and just sat on derry to go across all the way to - what, trafalgar? - it'd take me an extra half hour to even get onto the 401, and then the traffic on the 401 would be even that much worse.

anyhow, all that is to say, anything that helps me get to the 401 quicker helps, and I can't possibly be the only person in milton in that situation.

but i guess you guys are all saying that for those of you for whom the derry/trafalgar situation is the problem, the tremaine/401 interchange won't help anything. so my question - do you guys take derry all the way into mississauga or toronto, and then back again? I'm just trying to understand this, because i can't think of where'd I'd have to get to that would make me regularly drive across derry at that intersection in bad traffic, as my best option.

and i've had 3 hours sleep in the last 30-40 hrs, so if some of this didn't make sense, that's why. good night.

_________________
Mike Cluett
Local/Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 & 8

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:39 pm
Posts: 3307
Location: phase 11
Mike_Cluett wrote:
martin prince wrote:
I want someone to own that light and fix it; to make it their pet project. Not to have the traffic dept stick a couple of black car counting strips on the road and adjust without ever actually looking at the intersection. I’m talking about hands on, multiple days on site to see how it works and adjust accordingly and make it never be an issue for us again because they will stay on top of it. No more 4 or 5+ cycles before you get through.

Derry has enough lanes for the traffic load – now please make it so we can use it.


The former representative from Regional Council took that on as his pet project...problem not solved because the focus was on one spot. I want the review of all lights from Derry Trafalgar to JSP to Thompson to Ontario to Bronte St....all have their own issues that add to the problem. The problem needs to be fixed. For that, I will take ownership and make sure the job gets done.


That's how you lock down a vote you were going to get anyway.

In one of your other responses you mentioned the lights can't be green all the time for everyone, for which you are correct and is something we all understand. We just want it better than it is now.

Taking on all of Derry is a big project. So good on ya for dreaming bigger. Looking at in sections like you said is the way to go. JSP, 5th, 6th and Trafalgar can do better at working together as a cluster.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:12 am
Posts: 4609
What we need is a subway


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:02 am
Posts: 23
Namkia wrote:
Hey Mike,
In the Milton Trails community we have 2 schools, Queen of Heaven and Escarpment Public School. The major east subdivision does not connect with the major west subdivision thru the trail system in a community called MILTON TRAILS!! Zeeshan has been asked about this on his commentary but has chosen not to answer/ignore the question. Seeing that you sit on a safety community for Milton can you get the town to see reason and get a proper pedistrian walkway built. This may eliminate some of the traffic on Scott/Savoline as kids/parents may walk/ride bikes to school as opposed to driving them.

So we should have trails joining all schools that are close ? Where does it end . Trails that we have currently are not plowed in winter , would be a joy to watch bikes attempting to cross . The two schools are also accessible from Scott to Savoline via sidewalks on pringle and landsborough . Much safer than trails , especially unplowed ones .


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:24 pm
Posts: 15
I'm not asking to move GDM mountains people just a friggen pedistrian bridge!! Hey know it all Kim if I did know about the meeting your bet you ass I would have been there to add my input as it makes sense. Noti did you hear about the other 3 seasons? You are assuming we are going to have ice/snow every winter....well we don't. Yes it's cold however there have been many winters where we simply have had very limited snow falls/ice storms. I'm glad we could be so organized to build a Velodrome but we do not have any future vision to build a pedestrian bridge connecting 2 schools. This is just one extra option to get people out of their cars, off the road and start walking!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:25 pm
Posts: 3641
bremer wrote:
What we need is a subway


Dare I say ... a monorail?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.227s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]