HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:43 am 

Great news Frank! Good for you....
So are you going to rent in the meantime?
I am kind of 2 minds whether to sell now or wait till Spring as our closing is in Sept 05..... :?
We had our discussion with Home@ease Rep and are quite confortable but still the doubt whether we will get what we are asking for...
Is anyone waiting till Spring to put their current house for Sale????
Trini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:09 am 

Hi Trini

My wife and I have decided to wait until early spring to sell our house (our closing is July 2006). We used the following factors:

1. We have 2 young children (ages 1 and 2) and doing 2 moves with them would be disruptive to their schedules.

2. The area we live in (same as yourself) is very good for resale as the location is quite good and is in demand. Houses sell within 1-2 weeks of listing.

3. In my financial planning for the new house, I have assumed that I would sell the house for $15K less than I currently can. This means, if the market suddenly starts pulling back, I can withstand a drop of $15K in selling price and still be okay. Anything more, then I can always drop some of the upgrades to the new house if required.

4. All real estate stats show that house prices will continue to rise through 2005, just at a lower rate. We are not in a bubble as we were in the late 80's/early 90's or as England is in today. Houses are still affordable and rates are still quite low. Yes they may rise, but much more slowly than the 80's/90's.

It really all depends on your personal circumstances and how comfortable you are with waiting until closer to closing. For us, the risk is worth it because of our kids and we are confident that our home will sell quickly and relatively close to the asking price.

Hope that helps.

Derek

[/quote]