HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:21 am 

Everybody knows to be forgiven for addiction problems as a politician you must be liberal and in a same sex relationship. (Shamus o'reagan and George smitherman) Rob was a guy with a lot of faults, but really connected with people, and had 2 young kids.

Zero ego, and a sincere desire to help. 90% of his issues were addiction based.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:28 am 

Hodor wrote:
Guy's dead yet still people are arguing about his political performance. What a legacy!

You know the old story, if you live in a glass house, you shouldn't throw stones. Politicians are human like everyone else. All of us have some good and bad qualities.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:56 pm 

I&J wrote:
All of us have some good and bad qualities.

You really should stop drinking & beating your wife then

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:02 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
I&J wrote:

Quote:

And what are your vices, blowing tons of money at the race track or on the stock market? Hey who knows what skeletons people hide in the closet? The difference of course is when you're in the
limelight, every wrinkle is focused upon especially when the Red Star is on your back. How about putting some light on those Libs who favoured the teachers with $300 million today. Isn't that worthy of some heavy criticism? Of course our teachers are really working for peanuts as it is.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:55 pm 

I&J wrote:
And what are your vices, blowing tons of money at the race track or on the stock market? Hey who knows what skeletons people hide in the closet? The difference of course is when you're in the
limelight, every wrinkle is focused upon especially when the Red Star is on your back.

Are you really trying to equate someone with a gambling problem to someone who physically abuses women, children, and is a racist to boot? His DUIs and substance abuse are legendary.

For the record I can happily say I have not broken any major laws in my life

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:39 am 

I&J wrote:
Mr.Peppermint wrote:
I&J wrote:

Quote:

limelight, every wrinkle is focused upon especially when the Red Star is on your back. How about putting some light on those Libs who favoured the teachers with $300 million today. Isn't that worthy of some heavy criticism? Of course our teachers are really working for peanuts as it is.

I have it on good authority that mr. Peppermint's car is dirty inside. I'm talking salty floors, dust on the center console, and a little bit of that sticky goo that ends up inside the cup holders.

Same thing as beating your wife, for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:29 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
I&J wrote:
limelight, every wrinkle is focused upon especially when the Red Star is on your back.

Are you really trying to equate someone with a gambling problem to someone who physically abuses women, children, and is a racist to boot? His DUIs and substance abuse are legendary.

For the record I can happily say I have not broken any major laws in my life

Major laws? What minor laws have you broken? Didn't realize there was a standard in laws that are breakable and those that we don't forgive/adhere to for shizzle.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:45 am 

Mr Pepperment. You appear to be very uninformed, naive, or more likely just full of hate towards the man. You can not be so misinformed to not know that addictions of all sorts bring out the worst in people. As a result, good people dealing with addictions - lie, cheat, steal, and yes, say things that under normal circumstances they would never say or do.

Years ago, we watched an old friend fall under the spell of crack cocaine. Yes, he lied, lost his job, and actually stole money from me. ( $600.) I never got that money back and I never asked for it. He has now been fine for many years and unlike you, myself and the other people that know and love him, do not hold this past problem against him.

Don't get me wrong, I did not support Ford during his ridiculous antics but in his death I will not hold it against him. Unlike my friend who overcame his addiction and was able to move on with his life in a positive way, Ford never got the chance.

It's weird how much hate is within you Mr Pepperment. I know when Layton died, people did not dwell on the fact that he was caught in a sleazy downtown brothel with a prostitute "sitting on him". Oh, that's right, when he was caught, he scurried off on his bike so I guess he is OK. :roll:

:arrow: Something else that eludes you Mr Pepperment is that tens of thousands of his supporters are minority groups. It looks like they like or love him for the things he did for them and chose not to hate him for the things he said about them in his "drunken stoopers".

Last edited by Halton Home Inspector on Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:28 pm 

Ahhh the cult of politics and the need to turn a blind eye to anything anyone does as long as they represent your side of the political spectrum.

Reading some of these posts is literally laughable as some of you try to sweep so many major things under the rug because Rob would critique someone's office budget for buying too many pens.

Consorting with violent gangs is equal to not paying for a plastic bag at the self checkout at the grocery store. We ALL have skeletons!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:53 pm 

martin prince wrote:
Ahhh the cult of politics and the need to turn a blind eye to anything anyone does as long as they represent your side of the political spectrum.

Reading some of these posts is literally laughable as some of you try to sweep so many major things under the rug because Rob would critique someone's office budget for buying too many pens.

Consorting with violent gangs is equal to not paying for a plastic bag at the self checkout at the grocery store. We ALL have skeletons!!

I noticed that the u-scan at metro used to say "how many bags do you wish to purchase?" I always put 0, because I don't wish to purchase any bags despite having to use them.

But now, it says "how many bags did you use?" and I can no longer say 0. Bastards.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:33 pm 

DRiFT_645 wrote:
Major laws? What minor laws have you broken? Didn't realize there was a standard in laws that are breakable and those that we don't forgive/adhere to for shizzle.

Major laws are criminal offences and are Canada wide
Things that Ford does such as assault or narcotics fall under these

Minor laws are summary conviction Canada wide or local laws such as Provincial offences and city by laws

You did not realize that Canada, Ontario, and Milton all issue and enforce their own laws?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:37 pm 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
It's weird how much hate is within you Mr Pepperment. I know when Layton died, people did not dwell on the fact that he was caught in a sleazy downtown brothel with a prostitute "sitting on him". Oh, that's right, when he was caught, he scurried off on his bike so I guess he is OK. :roll:

The fact you have me confused with an NDP supporter is comical and shows a total lack of reading comprehension

But to take your bait; even though both are criminal offences, Layton paying a woman is nowhere near the level of what Ford has done (it was a HJ not "sitting on him" lol)
He also did that before he was in office, whereas Mr Ford's train wreck of a life happened before, during, and after his time in office

Post subject: Doug Ford
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:31 pm 

I can not believe Doug Ford is running

I consider myself quite conservative but even I could never bring myself to vote for that idiot

Post subject: Re: Doug Ford
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:

I consider myself quite conservative but even I could never bring myself to vote for that idiot

I laugh at all the Conservatives that were hoping for a sure fire win over KW.

Post subject: Re: Doug Ford
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:06 pm 

Burrcold wrote:
Mr.Peppermint wrote:

I laugh at all the Conservatives that were hoping for a sure fire win over KW.

It’s a great day for libtards province-wide, and therefore the world.

The PCs falling on their collective faces is now a well established tradition. Sucks, too. I was looking forward to voting for a new team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next