HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Doug Ford???
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:13 am 

But it's seriously like they TRY to lose
I have no other explanation for what the think tank is doing other than someone is on the Liberal payroll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:51 am 

Literally every time he opens his mouth he seems dumber. Now he’s saying he will scrap the Sex Ed curriculum.

Ahh geez, not this sh*t again!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:08 am 

For all the liberals out there, lets not call this a slam dunk yet. The sheer hatred for Wynne, even among Liberal voters is very strong. In addition, the political spectrum and almost militant hatred each side has for each other is more and more looking like the US political base. If Trump can get elected with wild support, anything can happen!

Myself, I am a bit of a swing voter as I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative. At this point, I believe a firm message needs to be sent by booting Wynne out of office. However, this is a real tough one as Doug is a difficult guy to vote for. I still haven't made up my mind yet. I would love to go NDP, but its pretty much a throw away vote.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 am 

NotHawthorny wrote:
For all the liberals out there, lets not call this a slam dunk yet. The sheer hatred for Wynne, even among Liberal voters is very strong. In addition, the political spectrum and almost militant hatred each side has for each other is more and more looking like the US political base. If Trump can get elected with wild support, anything can happen!

Myself, I am a bit of a swing voter as I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative. At this point, I believe a firm message needs to be sent by booting Wynne out of office. However, this is a real tough one as Doug is a difficult guy to vote for. I still haven't made up my mind yet. I would love to go NDP, but its pretty much a throw away vote.

In my opinion it would have been a slam dunk if they had chosen Caroline Mulroney. I'm liberal and would have voted for her, and I'm sure many other liberals would have as well. I just don't understand what the PC party is thinking! Wynne is at an all time low in approval rating, the coals are hot to take her down fairly easily (I think so anyway).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:40 am 

I’d have voted for a cardboard cutout over Wynne, but they had to go from a sexual predator to a hash dealer and general asshole. Voting for Wynne is going to feel like putting my hand in a toilet to fish out some car keys. It’s disgusting. THANKS, CONSERVATIVES.

It’ll be fun though watching the local nutcases like KF095 trying to defend this clown.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 pm 

I don't care about any of Ford's baggage, we will definitely vote for him. Anyone will be better than what we've had to put up with over the last 15 yrs. with the Liberal party. They've managed to totally destroy our province with all their corruption and gross mismanagement of our tax dollars. IMO, they deserve to be sent to jail for all their criminal back-room wheeling and dealing activities.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:47 pm 

I do not know much, but will comment little that I am aware of it.

Most are corrupt anyways.

What happened to famous 407 sale for petty $3bn? Who pocked to get this deal done?

Why sale of prized Toronto Hydro? What was deals behind this?

What happened to the cancelled power plant that initially estimated to cost only $400 odd million (sugar coated low ball figure to impress) and then it ballooned to much larger figure?

And the list goes on I am sure.

Post subject: ...Ford...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:01 pm 

I point to the US daily and say how much better Trump is than Trudeau
And even I have issues with casting a vote for Ford...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:20 pm 

All you can do is just pick whoever is going to put more money in your pocket for the next 4 years anyway. The rest is all political bulllshit, and you can't trust any of these liars, ever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:54 pm 

Remember you vote for the local candidate. Depending on who is running for each party, it could swing some votes.
Do I vote for the crappy one locally if I like the party?
I'm predicting a minority government. Then nothing will get done right.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:18 pm 

Stargazer2009 wrote:
Remember you vote for the local candidate. Depending on who is running for each party, it could swing some votes.

What’s Indira done for us lately?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:51 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Stargazer2009 wrote:

What’s Indira done for us lately?

Indira has done absolutely nothing for Milton. She only makes an appearance for photo shoots at local events, that's about it. But then, like all M.P.P.'s, they get their marching orders from their party's leader and KW doesn't give a hoot about this Town either.