HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:38 am 

I need to get a gas line trenched to the back of my yard. The gas will go to the pool heater and outdoor fireplace.

Who is the best in the area for this?

Thanks,
Jim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 am 

Did you manage to find someone to do the trench ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:22 pm 

Hi

I got a BBQ natural gas line installed yesterday for my backyard and these guys did a great job
at a very reasonable price. I would recommend them if any gas related or heating/ cooling jobs.

Name - Chris
Contact # 647 657 1188

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:19 am 

How deep was the trench for the gas line ? 18" ? Did they put clean sand below and above the gas line to protect it from punctures ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:09 am 

6.15.3 Piping and tubing shall be located neither less than 15 in(400 mm) underground nor less than 24 in (610 mm) under commercial driveway or parking lot. 6.15.6 Back fill material shall be free of sharp objects, large stones,or any other material that can damage the pipe. 6.15.14 plastic piping shall be accompanied by tracing wire or other electronically detectable tracing media. 6.15.13 gas supplied to under ground piping shall be controlled by a shut-off valve situated above ground.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:11 am 

No, I haven't found anyone yet. I'm still looking for the contact info for the guy who put in the gas line last year as he did a pretty good job, but in my haste to get the gas line in I didn't give the best instructions for where the line should go.
We had our pool installed last spring and needed a gas line run from the house to the pool heater in the back corner of the yard. There was little time to waste as the pool guys could not move forward until the gas supply was hooked up, and any delay in gas would cause trickle down delays with the landscapers.
Where the gas line is now, is where we want to do the next phase of landscaping and altering the grade level will alter the depth of the gas line.

The easiest solution (there are no easy ones, but...) is to find an alternate route for a new gas line to the heater that will not be in an area where future work might be done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:02 pm 

A few summers ago I also ran a new gas line to a new pool heater. It never occurred to me to have a gasfitter dig the trench. I had the trench dug to the required depth and had sand available to put around the gas pipe and then my gasfitter came and did his job.