HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mill Pond Trail Thoughts
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:14 pm 

Anyone here know of this trail?

Thoughts?

I like it but to be honest there seems to be questionable types hanging out on it doing questionable things.

Are the Halton police blind? Or do they just not care?

Lots of kids and families on this trail.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:24 pm 

007 wrote:
I like it but to be honest there seems to be questionable types hanging out on it doing questionable things.

You mean like the guy with parachute pants?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:28 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
007 wrote:

You mean like the guy with parachute pants?

Lol didnt see that however I did see a 10 year old fishing on one side while there were 4 guys and 20 beers and drugs across from him at 11 am on a weekend.

Just doesn't seem right to see that in a place this public with this many kids on numerous occasion and a very big lack of any Halton Police presence.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:57 pm 

"Drugs?"

Are we talking heroin or the soon-to-be legal marijuana?

20 beers deep by 11 is pretty intense, especially at Mill Pond of all places. These amateurs need a better spot. Did you call the police or just expect them to show up there at that time and do what you wanted them to do?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:58 am 

Hodor wrote:
"Drugs?"

Are we talking heroin or the soon-to-be legal marijuana?

20 beers deep by 11 is pretty intense, especially at Mill Pond of all places. These amateurs need a better spot. Did you call the police or just expect them to show up there at that time and do what you wanted them to do?

Ya 20 beers deep by 11 on mill pond trail and yes it was just weed lots of it.

Time and place for everything.

No I didnt call the cops. But it seems to be this way there every weekend. So I imagine at some point Halton police would of clued in.

I dont know if Im over reacting even thats why Im curious what the rest of you think.

I usually go walk my little dog there. Its a nice little trail. Fiance likes it too.

But every time I see this group of men I think if I had kids there is no way they would be playing in here like all the kids I see.

This group of men which are always there are late 40s early 50s very raggedy looking and piss drunk every time you see them.

To an adult they wouldn't really pose a threat as they are so pissed drunk they can barely walk, but them being this way on a public trail in Milton just doesn't seem right.

I grew up in Toronto near High Park and we didnt have that trash even there.

Im not some idiot that is against partying or having a good time, but time and place for everything and that is not the time nor place to be getting plastered in your 50s.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 am 

No you're right it is strange behavior, and why they'd want to do it there rather than somewhere a little more discreet (with better fishing) is a mystery. Maybe they're homeless?

There's a reason why more people don't do this, and it's because someone is likely to call the cops. I guess if they're just sort of keeping to themselves, no reason to make a big deal about it, but if they're belligerent or otherwise affecting your enjoyment of a public place then it'd be totally reasonable to ask the police to intervene. You're probably not the type of person to complain or call the cops on people, so the fact that this is bothering you is probably legit.

It's guys like this that make having a beer or two in public seem like a terrible thing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:16 pm 

i don't see anything wrong with it. as long as they're keeping to themselves and not bothering anyone.

as for the "drugs", get used to it. it'll be legal soon so everyone and their grandmothers will be walking down the street with a a joint in their hands.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:54 pm 

denti wrote:
as for the "drugs", get used to it. it'll be legal soon so everyone and their grandmothers will be walking down the street with a a joint in their hands.

Hopefully never happens, but even if it does expect heavy restrictions
Can't walk around drinking or smoking a cig without hefty fines these days since nearly everywhere is a no no

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:01 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
denti wrote:

Can't walk around drinking or smoking a cig without hefty fines these days since nearly everywhere is a no no

sure you can smoke walking down the street. no restrictions on that at all. it's done everywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:14 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:

Why do you hope it never happens?

You can smoke a J while walking down the street today and nothing will happen. Although it's "illegal," the cops have bigger donuts to fry. The real way to roll is with a vaporizer though - discrete, and no smoke or odour. Total stealth-mode.

I walk around with a beer frequently. Nobody cares unless you're wearing a tank top and shouting expletives at your wife and kids - I try to do that only on Sundays. Seriously though, the only reaction I ever seem to get is other dads wishing they'd thought of doing the same. If you go to non-temperance lands such as Europe, you see this everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 am 

Four guys and twenty beers and some smoke doesn't seems to be dramatically different from iconic (for some like me) pictures like this:

And, yes, we went many times on this trail. We are lucky to still have it here. In Aurora they are about to destroy the same type of land, due the greed of town and developers.

Couple years ago I walked where with dog and kid in cold winter. Guys where playing pond hockey and it was pack of beer. It was so Canadian and iconic, I almost run to the Beer Store (not far from it) to get another pack and photograph them playing.

IMO, it is alarming if it is twenty guys and only four beers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:23 am 

Maybe they should add a trailer park to the other end of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:29 am 

Have you guys ever noticed or seen transient type kids wandering around our downtown? The kind of kids that when you see them you think to yourself... they're not from around here.

Are they from around here??? Or is Milton a big day out for the kids from Acton and stuff? Or are they homeless making their way down to the city since this is the end of the GO train line?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:28 am 

martin prince wrote:
Have you guys ever noticed or seen transient type kids wandering around our downtown? The kind of kids that when you see them you think to yourself... they're not from around here.

Are they from around here??? Or is Milton a big day out for the kids from Acton and stuff? Or are they homeless making their way down to the city since this is the end of the GO train line?

They live downtown. Saw the same looking type of hooligans in my younger days partying out in Orangeville. Cheap rent, and close to the town's drug supply.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:26 pm 

Never been hassled by the abundance of sketchy looking people hanging around the pond. Not looking forward to legalization but at least it will be even easier to spot the life-losers around town.