HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:49 pm 

Hi,
If anyone needs to have their computer or laptop repaired, we have a great referral that I can pass along. We had a desktop computer that broke down in early September, which was really poor timing considering that school was about to start and the kids needed a computer for their homework. We also had 2 laptops that conked out a few years ago where we wanted the data retrieved from the hard drive. We contacted Nadeem after seeing his ad for computer repairs. Not only did Nadeem fix our desktop and retrieved the data from both laptops but he managed to fix the laptops as well so that it is actually back in working order. We thought the laptop was non-functional but Nadeem, with his expert knowledge, correctly diagnosed the problem and fixed it. In the end, he saved us money from having to go and buy another laptop. We were impressed with Nadeem's prompt service and his in-depth computer skills (he studied computer engineering in university). He is friendly and professional and took the time to explain the repair process.

I would highly recommend Nadeem if you're looking for a local computer technician here in Milton. Tell him Diane referred you! You can reach Nadeem at 289-552-3042.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:31 am 

Could you post what the issues were and the cost to fix them? I would help better gauge if there is value in using them or staying with my current IT person.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:23 pm 

It's probably not appropriate to post his rates as I'm sure that Nadeem would prefer you call him directly for a quote. For us, all I can say is that his quote was very reasonable for the 3 computers that he fixed. We were extremely happy with his service.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:50 pm 

I can't really assess if the cost is reasonable if you don't. Your post amounts to "hey this guy is cool. you should use him."

If you aren't willing to give any details all I can say is...

Cool story bro.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:03 pm 

Wow. Why would you take the OP's opinion to be especially and absolutely valuable? As far as random online testimonials go, didn't they say all they needed to say? Just call the guy maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:21 pm 

Original wrote:
Could you post what the issues were and the cost to fix them? I would help better gauge if there is value in using them or staying with my current IT person.

He is asking what were the specific issues. This will help him to determine his capability, believe this is what this poster wanted to know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:45 pm 

In terms of the specific issues, our desktop needed a new operating system. One laptop was just full of dust and the fan was not running. The other old laptop had a defective RAM. Like I said earlier, we didn't expect him to fix the laptop but to our surprise, he was able to salvage both of these laptops and got them running again because our only expectation was to retrieve the data. I think every repair is different and it is best to talk to him for a quote for your specific issue and you can decide whether his quote is good or not. All I am doing is recommending a computer technician whom in my opinion is worth the effort calling when you have a problem with your computer. I will leave it at that. Thank you all for your time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:52 pm 

This is something I have been doing for the last 15 years and it's true every situation is different and if he is good he won't mind discussing your needs and cost before hand. My satisfied customers always call and ask first and I have no problem giving them my thoughts. Its how relationships get built.

Most of my service calls start by the user contacting me about their scenario then they call back later to actually hire me.