HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: For landlords
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm 

avonannie wrote:
For your info I did of course pay upfront for the repair after trying to contact him, so obviously I am out 300 dollars, which in this case may mean his rent cheque goes back, I have never missed a rent payment, but money is tight for everyone right now, and with a car repair and a furnace repair, at the same time, theres not much I can do I have sent another email with a photo of the bill and offered an etransfer for the rent difference , I think thats about all I can do at this point . Obviously I am not going to go without heat, and let all his pipes freeze, the idea of renting is to take care of the property, not let it go to hell

glad it is repaired, how long the serviceman take to show up, 3 hours?

this is not the first time your landlord has gone on winter trips, right?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:16 pm 

Carl wrote:
avonannie wrote:
For your info I did of course pay upfront for the repair after trying to contact him, so obviously I am out 300 dollars, which in this case may mean his rent cheque goes back, I have never missed a rent payment, but money is tight for everyone right now, and with a car repair and a furnace repair, at the same time, theres not much I can do I have sent another email with a photo of the bill and offered an etransfer for the rent difference , I think thats about all I can do at this point . Obviously I am not going to go without heat, and let all his pipes freeze, the idea of renting is to take care of the property, not let it go to hell

glad it is repaired, how long the serviceman take to show up, 3 hours?

this is not the first time your landlord has gone on winter trips, right?
Hey Carl, what makes you think the owners are snowbirds? A lot of homes rented out are owned by ppl living in China, India and other countries outside of North America.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:51 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
Hey Carl, what makes you think the owners are snowbirds? A lot of homes rented out are owned by ppl living in China, India and other countries outside of North America.

my circle is about snowbirds and you are right, they could be more than a snowbird. If they are not a snowbird, it is expected they would have a representative to handle, not to mention others also should have one just in case.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:05 pm 

Carl wrote:
Greenjp wrote:

my circle is about snowbirds and you are right, they could be more than a snowbird. If they are not a snowbird, it is expected they would have a representative to handle, not to mention others also should have one just in case.
You're thinking like a Canadian, who knows how others think of house renting. I'm thinking they might not see a difference between property renting or owning stocks beyond both giving a return on their investment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 am 

Yes. The landlord tenant rules in Ontario need to be gutted and replaced.

While this particular topic is about the woes of one tenant the current rules are still balanced against landlords.