Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:03 pm 

Are we keeping score?
nspace is legit. I’m on team nspace.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:25 am 

Haha, I didn't intend to keep score!

I tried to be objective, I did include my positive experiences within that review, and I am not necessarily questioning Mason's technical abilities. I think the last part of Mason's response was pretty unprofessional and telling. To comment on my ability to afford a new furnace because I couldn't budget for Christmas gifts? Based on what? This person does not know me or anything about me. We are a nearly single income family with two young boys. I paid him what he asked for, in cash, on the spot, for every service he provided, without haggling. If being price conscious is grounds for making low blows about what your customer can afford is fair game, then Mason can take a hike. I am happy to go elsewhere.

Mason could have response to my email:

"I am sorry you feel that way, I was certainly not trying to take advantage of the situation. Here is a cost breakdown of the work that was done... I understand that you want to get a second opinion, it is a large expenditure. Let me know if you decide to go ahead".

Anyways, I am not on a witch hunt for Mason. I never intended to post by novel on my experiences with Mason until Carl asked. Had that been my objective, I would have already left a Google review and a Homestars review.

Anyways, I'm moving on!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 am 

I've had two experiences with Mason, one for my air conditioner and the other for my furnace. I can honestly say that both were very positive. I found him to be honest, reliable and friendly. I would certainly recommend him (and have) to family and friends (and you strangers out there :D).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:22 am 

I have a furnace ac plan from reliance 16.99 a month
whenever i have any issue they are there within 24h and if its more serious situation they will prioritize you and come quicker. their customer service is good. it takes the pressure off of worrying about expensive furnace or ac repair bills. when they come they sometimes check other stuff also. there are some exclusions but only of the type which means you need a new furnace . alsobi have my water tank rental with them and service there has gone above and beyond . they replaced my hot water tank after 15 years based on age valone even though it was still working i had concerns on its age after finishing the basement. they upgraded the piping to new code plus gave me a specific type tank i wanted a power direct vent (air intake from outside)and charged same rate a power direct (matching price of competition ) and charged jothing for the install and upgrade. i once had a customer ser service issue they apologised and sent me 3 months water rental bill credit also. so overall I think reliance is reliable and a good idea given the newer furnaces and acs are more complex these days . efficiency comes at a cost and there is no free ride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 am 

I would rather chop off my head than deal with Reliance for anything.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:06 pm 

My head hurt after reading two novellas, lol.

I'm surprised. I like Nissan Air, and I read people very well, so I will continue calling him as needed. I like that Mr. Nissan is hilarious, straight-up, has indoor shoes, explains things in detail and provides helpful information.

Here's an uncomfortable truth: Tradespeople have us all by the balls depending on the season (with a jagged knife in the other hand), when vulnerable family members live in the house like kids and seniors (you can't let them be too cold or too hot) or if you really need your roof or car repaired. Unless someone egregiously lies, I always pay what they ask so they can make money. I also treat them like a guest in my home (I follow Omotenashi), and nurture the relationship so if I really need something down the road, they'll remember me and hopefully be willing to come later in the day, or squeeze in a last appointment. It's always give and take when it comes to relationships. I am also pro-business, and these guys have other overhead like business insurance, using fuel to get parts, maintaining inventory so jobs can get done quick and maintaining certifications. This goes for tradespeople and mechanics too like Paul at True Tech, who pays for his techs to get training so they remain updated on new technologies and best practices.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:30 pm 

AlphaMale wrote:
My head hurt after reading two novellas, lol.

I'm surprised. I like Nissan Air, and I read people very well, so I will continue calling him as needed. I like that Mr. Nissan is hilarious, straight-up, has indoor shoes, explains things in detail and provides helpful information.

Here's an uncomfortable truth: Tradespeople have us all by the balls depending on the season (with a jagged knife in the other hand), when vulnerable family members live in the house like kids and seniors (you can't let them be too cold or too hot) or if you really need your roof or car repaired. Unless someone egregiously lies, I always pay what they ask so they can make money. I also treat them like a guest in my home (I follow Omotenashi), and nurture the relationship so if I really need something down the road, they'll remember me and hopefully be willing to come later in the day, or squeeze in a last appointment. It's always give and take when it comes to relationships. I am also pro-business, and these guys have other overhead like business insurance, using fuel to get parts, maintaining inventory so jobs can get done quick and maintaining certifications. This goes for tradespeople and mechanics too like Paul at True Tech, who pays for his techs to get training so they remain updated on new technologies and best practices.

You should just (Hodor REALLY) next time. They really remember that.