HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1704
With Markham and Mississauga banning the inevitable, Milton could’ve been a solid option for job creation and revenue.

Once again this town ducked up.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 10:02 pm
Posts: 828
Hodor wrote:
So our council has gone 75% retard again.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta/20 ... r-now.html

Only councillors Di Lorenzo and Derksen realize there is no f****** difference between an LCBO or grocery store selling alcohol and a different store selling cannabis. Both are drugs. Both aren’t for children, and both can be harmful to adults. Both are also LEGAL and highly regulated.

I would love for these clowns to explain themselves, but that’ll never happen. At least my councillor is capable of rational thought - Di Lorenzo wanted to defer this decision until 2019 when more info was available. 6 of our jobber councillors shut that down, and wanted to use their jump-to-conclusions mats right away so here we are.

What a bunch of dummies. Way to keep supporting organized crime, ya goofs!

I hope this is trolling

Trying to compare alcohol to cannabis is jokes
The people who currently support organized crime are going to pay twice as much in a government store

We shall see what the people think come re-election time but hopefully fools that are pro-drugs get voted out
Potheads be all stoned in parents basements so we know they won't vote

_________________
Justin Trudeau apoligizes for this


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm
Posts: 1427
They've just invented another form of voluntary taxation here Minty, just like the OLG was invented to be. Last I heard illegal gambling is still a thing too by the way. Difference with this brilliant con job is that they've also dressed this up as a human right, the right to get intoxicated. Without the raging militant bloc of red-eyed suburban dads voting for this bullshit, sockboy would never have been elected. He knew he really had nothing meaningful to offer, needed an irresistible politic and this was a stroke of genius. In keeping with the "free candy" model of Liberal election campaigning, works great on idiots like us and they know it. We're pathetic.

Also, will a victorious Conservative government cancel this taxation bonanza? Yes, absolutely, immediately after they scrap the GST that was invented what 30? years ago, they'll get right on that too.

_________________
This one thing probably never goes away
I think this one thing is always supposed to stay
This one thing doesn't have to go away


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1704
B&T402 wrote:
They've just invented another form of voluntary taxation here Minty, just like the OLG was invented to be. Last I heard illegal gambling is still a thing too by the way. Difference with this brilliant con job is that they've also dressed this up as a human right, the right to get intoxicated. Without the raging militant bloc of red-eyed suburban dads voting for this bullshit, sockboy would never have been elected. He knew he really had nothing meaningful to offer, needed an irresistible politic and this was a stroke of genius. In keeping with the "free candy" model of Liberal election campaigning, works great on idiots like us and they know it. We're pathetic.

Also, will a victorious Conservative government cancel this taxation bonanza? Yes, absolutely, immediately after they scrap the GST that was invented what 30? years ago, they'll get right on that too.


This is a bigger load of crap than I dropped in my shitter this morning.

Weed is legal because a majority of Canadians think it should be. Whether or not you actually use it is just as irrelevant as your ignorant bias towards people who do.

It’s *relatively* harmless and it makes no sense to keep it illegal when so many people use it, and when the cops themselves haven’t cared for over a decade. It’s a goddamn plant. It’s legal. Its no big deal. In 5 years you won’t even bring this up at Christmas dinner anymore.

It’s funny that the people who criticize legal cannabis tend to be the ones would could use a joint or two to chill out in the first place.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 10:02 pm
Posts: 828
B&T402 wrote:
They've just invented another form of voluntary taxation here Minty, just like the OLG was invented to be. Last I heard illegal gambling is still a thing too by the way. Difference with this brilliant con job is that they've also dressed this up as a human right, the right to get intoxicated. Without the raging militant bloc of red-eyed suburban dads voting for this bullshit, sockboy would never have been elected. He knew he really had nothing meaningful to offer, needed an irresistible politic and this was a stroke of genius. In keeping with the "free candy" model of Liberal election campaigning, works great on idiots like us and they know it. We're pathetic.

Also, will a victorious Conservative government cancel this taxation bonanza? Yes, absolutely, immediately after they scrap the GST that was invented what 30? years ago, they'll get right on that too.

PC DID reduce HST

As to the lowest common denominator's obsession with the Lottery, alcohol, and weed (which is now flavour of the week since tobacco might be bad for them lol)
At least income disparity discriminates against those people; any other bias could be illegal in our winter wonderland of snowflakes who are all so very special

_________________
Justin Trudeau apoligizes for this


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm
Posts: 1427
Hodor wrote:
This is a bigger load of crap than I dropped in my shitter this morning.

Oh my gosh I'm sure that's not true :mrgreen: Come on credit where credit is due!


Hodor wrote:
Weed is legal because a majority of Canadians think it should be. Whether or not you actually use it is just as irrelevant as your ignorant bias towards people who do.

It’s *relatively* harmless and it makes no sense to keep it illegal when so many people use it, and when the cops themselves haven’t cared for over a decade. It’s a goddamn plant. It’s legal. Its no big deal. In 5 years you won’t even bring this up at Christmas dinner anymore.

It’s funny that the people who criticize legal cannabis tend to be the ones would could use a joint or two to chill out in the first place.

Also don't bother to divine my path of reasoning here, my "ignorant bias", you are not correct. The point of my comments - to Minty btw, who chose to chop one in the clover, see above - was to point out that you guys and other voters (millennials) who jumped on the weed issue to make a decision were a huge shift for the Liberals going into the election. Come on, it's a fact, just embrace it.

I don't really want to swat this around much, but decriminalization would have effectively worked as well as legalization to address the social harms T2 pretends are only possible with floods of gubmint pot revenues and taxation. Social harms meaning the racking up of criminal convictions on petty users, and gobbling up precious law enforcement, judicial and corrections resources with bullshit dope charges. I know this and agree with you, let's not fight. The high profile "social harm repair" programs they will likely soon institute will serve as nothing more than virtue signalling and of course to fatten the ranks public sector ie: more grateful voters. So why just be a good government and "address social harms" because it's the right thing to do, when instead you can run a profitable racket at the same time? Sidebar: a poll last spring: https://globalnews.ca/news/4199723/mari ... y-deficit/
Quote:
Canadians want pot tax revenue to fund health care, not anti-drug campaigns: survey

All governments rely on streams of tax revenue that don't cost them votes. The Conservatives trimmed the GST portion from 7% to 5% to simply conform to the model their base expected of them. There is exactly 0.00% chance that they or any other future government will ever waive or further reduce the GST. And of course there is no guarantee whatsoever that some future government of any stripe won't go looking for that lost 2%, taxation being their only source of sustenance, they need it to survive. If we are willing to give it, they are willing to take it.

_________________
This one thing probably never goes away
I think this one thing is always supposed to stay
This one thing doesn't have to go away


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:25 pm
Posts: 679
So its been a couple of months since cannabis was legalized and it seems most people don't care.
Personally I have zero compulsion to use it, and most of the people I know are the same.

With drugs and alcohol its usually a small minority of users who are causing the majority of the problems in abusing those substances.
It would be nice if tax revenues from those products were directed towards mental health/treatment programs to address that minority.


P.S. What the government should have done was to legalize psychedelics - for medicinal use, quality supply is hard to find.

_________________
Jezu Ufam Tobie

Crux sacra sit mihi lux! Non draco sit mihi dux!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1704
Yep. Nothing happened. Just as predicted!

It’s almost like the people who would use weed we’re already somehow using it. Crazy.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1704
Brampton the saner city - votes 8-3 to allow cannabis stores.

Why can’t milton be more like Brampton? First time this has ever been said.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm
Posts: 1427
That's just councillors keeping their electoral records/noses clean. It's one place managing an existing problem and another place "preventing" a problem, in the context of these newfound freedoms that none of them wanted to deal with.

_________________
This one thing probably never goes away
I think this one thing is always supposed to stay
This one thing doesn't have to go away


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm
Posts: 1427
See it doesn't matter anyway! Problem kicked down the road, SOP for politicks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada ... -1.4988195
Quote:
Canada's chronic shortage of legal cannabis expected to drag out for years

_________________
This one thing probably never goes away
I think this one thing is always supposed to stay
This one thing doesn't have to go away


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Posts: 1704
All Star wrote:
Hodor wrote:
Good morning. I had no less than 3 high people trying to break in to my house this morning to steal things for weed money. This whol legalization thing has been a terrible mistake. Reefer Madness is real!!

Is this your usual sardonic humor?? BTW, how are your cannabis stocks doing these days Hodor? Will you still be laughing when potheads really start breaking into homes or committing crimes even worse than that? I guess pot investors like yourself don't give a damn about any of that as long as you can laugh all the way to bank with your profits eh? Do your children know that you've invested in weed stocks? If so, what's the message they're picking up from it? Nothing to be proud of as a parent, in my book.


Friendly reminder that none of this has happened yet. It’s almost like legalization has had no effect on anything.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:42 pm
Posts: 1427
This should complicate the edibles conundrum nicely.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... 08691470=1
Quote:
Rising High: GM Yeast Generates Known and Novel Marijuana Compounds

Engineered microorganisms churn out THC, CBD and rarer, less-understood cannabis cousins
Instead of making beer, genetically-modified yeast can cook up cannabinoids

If you had to pick a favorite microbe, a good candidate would be Saccharomyces cerevisiae, better known as brewer’s yeast, which transforms grape juice into wine, grain mash into beer and dough into bread. Over the past few decades scientists have hacked the yeast’s genome to make it produce less delectable but arguably more important substances, including hormones like insulin and drugs like opioids. Now it is churning out cannabinoids, the compounds found in marijuana.

_________________
This one thing probably never goes away
I think this one thing is always supposed to stay
This one thing doesn't have to go away


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:02 am
Posts: 2720
B&T402 wrote:
This should complicate the edibles conundrum nicely.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... 08691470=1
Quote:
Rising High: GM Yeast Generates Known and Novel Marijuana Compounds

Engineered microorganisms churn out THC, CBD and rarer, less-understood cannabis cousins
Instead of making beer, genetically-modified yeast can cook up cannabinoids

If you had to pick a favorite microbe, a good candidate would be Saccharomyces cerevisiae, better known as brewer’s yeast, which transforms grape juice into wine, grain mash into beer and dough into bread. Over the past few decades scientists have hacked the yeast’s genome to make it produce less delectable but arguably more important substances, including hormones like insulin and drugs like opioids. Now it is churning out cannabinoids, the compounds found in marijuana.


Invested in Organigram who has ownership stake in a partner working on this. IMO this is the future of Cannabis


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.091s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]