HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:13 pm 

Martin,

No need to sign up – we all may already be on it, Sadly the CDN Govt has been indirectly collecting the data off your LCBO and beer purchases if you have been paying with credit or debit cards. Using cash then you are safe. The CRA under the guise of cracking down on tax cheats has in the last two years if not longer been doing an electronic paper chase on what you spent at a restaurant and what tip you left. This restaurant data and other purchases possibly ( insert big brother paranoia ) is put into a data base. Below is the link from the CRA’s web page regarding this. If you do a quick google search, you should see news articles going back into last year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency ... onomy.html

opie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:25 pm 

martin prince wrote:
So the point is.... Having to register to buy weed is BS and will only prop up the black market.

Whatever. I don't care. I don't smoke pot. My only comment is that it seems normal that a government, any government, would want people to register as customers in order to sell pot to them.

Moving on now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:28 pm 

That's pretty clever, I'll give them that.

I get that we leave a digital fingerprint with everything we do now, and I don't want to get into a full tin foil hat discussion, but this plan takes away the ability for me to pay cash if I were to choose that as a preferred method.

Its mandatory data collection. We don't have it for booze, we should't have it for weed.

Are we the only province doing this? Who can google that for me?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:11 pm 

martin prince wrote:
That's pretty clever, I'll give them that.

I get that we leave a digital fingerprint with everything we do now, and I don't want to get into a full tin foil hat discussion, but this plan takes away the ability for me to pay cash if I were to choose that as a preferred method.

Its mandatory data collection. We don't have it for booze, we should't have it for weed.

Are we the only province doing this? Who can google that for me?

It's probably more to do with them using Shopify as the online retailer than anything nefarious, but I'm just a naive schlub who doesn't assume the worst nearly as often as I should.

In any case, this legalization is going to have a lot of hiccups along the way, and if you're smart (like me) you'll give things a few months to shake down before considering smoking any of that sweet, sweet Canada bud. There are just too many questions right now, like how people will be treated at the CAN/USA border, the new test-anyone-at-any-time impaired driving procedures, and things like that.

Hell I'd even argue that we still wont' see true legalization for a year or more. It's going to take a long time for the reefer madness mindset and social stigmas to wear off. But you already said this somewhere else so you know what I'm sayin'.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:12 pm 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
martin prince wrote:
So the point is.... Having to register to buy weed is BS and will only prop up the black market.

Whatever. I don't care. I don't smoke pot. My only comment is that it seems normal that a government, any government, would want people to register as customers in order to sell pot to them.

Moving on now.

Classic Home Inspector. Cares enough to post comments, doesn't care enough to back up his point when he's disagreed with. Also, doesn't smoke pot - lets make that clear. Moving on now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:31 pm 

Hodor wrote:

Classic Home Inspector. Cares enough to post comments, doesn't care enough to back up his point when he's disagreed with. Also, doesn't smoke pot - lets make that clear. Moving on now.

Poor Hodor. Still arguing over everything, even when there is no argument to be found.

I guess my suggesting that it would be typical for people to need "to register" in order to purchase pot online from a government source was too much for you.

No need to "back up" anything. It was just a comment :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:50 am 

Of note: The LA Times is not some wing-nut blog

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-cana ... story.html

I can't stress this enough - do not register yourself on a Provincial database as a weed user this week when it becomes legalized. Even when legal, weed remains a CASH ONLY business.

Data bases get hacked, leaked and mismanaged all the time.

Weed remains a boogie-man drug. Make smart choices, friends and neighbors.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:08 pm 

martin prince wrote:
Of note: The LA Times is not some wing-nut blog

http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-cana ... story.html

I can't stress this enough - do not register yourself on a Provincial database as a weed user this week when it becomes legalized. Even when legal, weed remains a CASH ONLY business.

Data bases get hacked, leaked and mismanaged all the time.

Weed remains a boogie-man drug. Make smart choices, friends and neighbors.

Between things like this and the giant question marks surrounding ‘impaired’ driving tests, I’m glad I have never, ever, touched the stuff. I would recommend that if one were so inclined, to wait a year for all the hiccups and weirdness to get sorted out.

There are rumblings, however, that 45 might push to legalize federally after the midterms. This would be promising for law-abiding Canadian citizens.

Oh, and get Nexus.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:31 am 

Good morning. I had no less than 3 high people trying to break in to my house this morning to steal things for weed money. This whol legalization thing has been a terrible mistake. Reefer Madness is real!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:39 pm 

https://www.greaterfool.ca/2018/10/17/weed-deeds/

Quote:
Well, there you go. A non-judgmental, fair set of comments on how you’re now part of a grand social experiment the outcome of which is hopelessly unknown. Good luck.

(Yes matterofact I do read this guy daily.)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:31 am 

https://twitter.com/CP24/status/1052571606780907520

Haaaa.. 38 000 orders by noon yesterday. That will take weeks to sort through at CP even without a pending strike - and that was just half way through day one.

Should have gone with storefronts. Ontario is the only place in Canada that has no legal weed in circulation yet and likely won't till at least next week. LOL.

Shame on you residents, Milton! I'll be out making citizens arrests all weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:14 am 

Hodor wrote:
Good morning. I had no less than 3 high people trying to break in to my house this morning to steal things for weed money. This whol legalization thing has been a terrible mistake. Reefer Madness is real!!

Is this your usual sardonic humor?? BTW, how are your cannabis stocks doing these days Hodor? Will you still be laughing when potheads really start breaking into homes or committing crimes even worse than that? I guess pot investors like yourself don't give a damn about any of that as long as you can laugh all the way to bank with your profits eh? Do your children know that you've invested in weed stocks? If so, what's the message they're picking up from it? Nothing to be proud of as a parent, in my book.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:22 am 

Quote:
Will you still be laughing when potheads really start breaking into homes or committing crimes even worse than that?

is this a joke?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:25 am 

martin prince wrote:
https://twitter.com/CP24/status/1052571606780907520

Haaaa.. 38 000 orders by noon yesterday. That will take weeks to sort through at CP even without a pending strike - and that was just half way through day one.

Should have gone with storefronts. Ontario is the only place in Canada that has no legal weed in circulation yet and likely won't till at least next week. LOL.

Shame on you residents, Milton! I'll be out making citizens arrests all weekend.

I wonder once CP does start to deliver your special order, how long it will take an opportunist to start following the mail delivery vehicles around the neighbourhoods ??? This was not planned out well nor the 38,000 + people who have now placed themselves onto a list that US Homeland Security can now request. Talk about putting a target on yourself, guess these same people do not remember the national "do not call list ".

opie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:28 am 

would it be ok if he invested in alcohol stocks, or tobacco, or legal opioids that are actually causing harm, could he be a proud parent then?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next