HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:34 pm 

My Jan 10th bill the usage was 470 Cubic meter but Feb 8th bill the usage was 309 Cubic metre.

The Jan bill was supposed to be higher. I adjusted little bit on the temperature, may be the less usage in Feb partially due to this change. The average temperature -8 degree in Jan 2018 and -5 degree in February 2018. So a drop in average temperature must resonate with a less usage in Feb 2018.

I still consider the Jan usage of 470 was way too high for a single home of 1880 sq feet.

I posted another thread trying to get explanation as to why two homes of similar size has much different gas consumption. It appears it must be to do with HRV unit, though the HRV unit has been shut off.

Here is that thread with some useful information by posters.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69947

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:59 pm 

I would say it is unlikely a leak and that is just the amount of gas you used. I have a slightly larger home (approx. 2000 ft2), but it is likely older than yours (built in 1980, w/upgraded insulation and high-eff furnace). I used 463 m3 last month. I have no doubt that my house is not as efficient as some new builds but the key is looking at your year over year data. I used more gas than this time last year, but the average daily temp was also 4 degrees colder, hence more gas used. I imagine your year over year usage would have a similar increase. You also mentioned you have your fireplace on during the weekends and I know when we had a gas fireplace it could definitely affect your usage very easily. Do you have any other appliances that run on gas that may affect your usage (dryer, stove, bbq)?