HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:00 pm 

Maybe the $50 is Reliance's way of making up for the previous owner not paying the rental? Maybe the price will come down once that "debt" has been cleared off?

When I bought my Mattamy the registration with Reliance wasn't automatic, and I didn't know about it until I was a year in and had to call them for service, they said, "oh we just noticed that we didn't know anything about you until now and you have one of our tanks. Ok, we're going to start charging you a monthly." WTF? But it happened. In my case they waived any back fees so I just started paying from that point; maybe they don't do that anymore. Don't ask me how/why they can install a tank and then just forget about it.

At one point I ditched the tank and rented a tankless from Reliance (which is a LOT more expensive) and was paying about $38/month for that. So $50 for just a tank doesn't add up...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:57 pm 

They may have added a service contract on the furnace & A/C but that would or should show separate on the bill.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:07 am 

Carl wrote:
I thought I will go away without posting any more on this topic, but I have to do it now.

It is about $50 fee.

Newer tankless heaters are in the $50 range
Even an old style tank is $30+ easily
So I do not think the number is really out of line

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:35 am 

Carl wrote:
I thought I will go away without posting any more on this topic, but I have to do it now.

It is about $50 fee.

We still do not have all the facts.

As mentioned by others, it appears it is irrelevant that the previous tank is owned or not as it got replaced with a rental now.

The rental so high is because he got a fancy tank from Reliance?

Now the OP has to confirm what fancy stuff he got, may be tankless water heater.

If it is not a fancy one, then please check with Reliance why you have to pay this high price.

it is no fancy tank, its the same brand that i had earlier, it is a power vent 50 gallon tank.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:59 am 

if it is power vent 50 gallon, then you must have agreed for some service contract like AC.

I am sure your bill for the water tank is not to exceed around $35 mark, so if you want to save some money and do not want the service contract, go and ask Reliance and get it removed and post what service contract you have been billed. That service contract must be the one for the $15 something extra charge.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:01 pm 

As I stated before there is something fishy about this whole story. It just doesn't add up.
Why hasn't he simply phoned Reliance to give them the date when he moved in and to advise them that he's now the new owner of the house and was told that his water tank was owned not rented. He could also send them some documentation as proof. They would adjust whatever amount he's been paying up to now if that is indeed the case.
End of story.

He said that he hasn't had the time in 5 months to look into this. However, he makes time to make several posts asking for our suggestions and input when we really don't know what he signed and what he agreed to with the service technician. Which brings me to another point - when he saw that the original owner's name was still on the bill why didn't he then simply call Reliance and advise them to update their records and ask what he would now be paying for the installation of a new tank. Service technicians don't have access to billing information, their job is to install/remove/repair the equipment, get a signature on the work order, and go to their next job. That's it. If he had questions about the charges he should have addressed them directly with Reliance. End of story.

It's possible that Reliance still has the original owners' name on file and is billing him $50.00/month to make up for the 2 years when no payments were made by anyone. Who knows? We certainly don't. Why is he asking us when he should be straightening this up directly with Reliance? He's making this into a much bigger deal then it needs to be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:21 am 

All Star wrote:
As I stated before there is something fishy about this whole story. It just doesn't add up.
Why hasn't he simply phoned Reliance to give them the date when he moved in and to advise them that he's now the new owner of the house and was told that his water tank was owned not rented. He could also send them some documentation as proof. They would adjust whatever amount he's been paying up to now if that is indeed the case.
End of story.

if i have not said it here does not mean i have not done it, relaince is aware of all this.

All Star wrote:
He said that he hasn't had the time in 5 months to look into this. However, he makes time to make several posts asking for our suggestions and input when we really don't know what he signed and what he agreed to with the service technician. Which brings me to another point - when he saw that the original owner's name was still on the bill why didn't he then simply call Reliance and advise them to update their records and ask what he would now be paying for the installation of a new tank. Service technicians don't have access to billing information, their job is to install/remove/repair the equipment, get a signature on the work order, and go to their next job. That's it. If he had questions about the charges he should have addressed them directly with Reliance. End of story.
i had called reliance when the technician came they said there were no charges for installation.

All Star wrote:
It's possible that Reliance still has the original owners' name on file and is billing him $50.00/month to make up for the 2 years when no payments were made by anyone. Who knows? We certainly don't. Why is he asking us when he should be straightening this up directly with Reliance? He's making this into a much bigger deal then it needs to be.

and you know what i just wanted a different perspective of the situation but you MR. "ALL STAR" were no help, you are actually useless and i am sure your life is a disaster too since you r too judgmental.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:29 pm 

newster wrote:
i just wanted a different perspective of the situation but you MR. "ALL STAR" were no help, you are actually useless and i am sure your life is a disaster too since you r too judgmental.

My life is just fine, thank you. Also, you've been given lots of perspective, opinions, and suggestions of what to do and who to talk to about your so-called problem but for some reason you fail to follow through on any of it. I've come to the conclusion you're not really interested in solving anything, you just want to whine about it. If my comments offended your overly-sensitive nature, too bad, so sad...I call it like I see it.

Frankly, I find this whole thread and you to be very exasperating. I also wonder if that's the same reason why your lawyer didn't want to help you in any way and got rid of you.

This is my last post on this subject. You know what to do.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:33 pm 

Could we put things this way:

1. Let's assume the original owner was free of rental of the water heater. We don't know why. It could be an outright purchase or an agreement with the builder (or whatever). That's the reason why he was not billed monthly by Reliance. Therefore, there was no misrepresentation of the sale.

2. After you bought the house, the "owned" water heater died. Since it was owned and there's no contract to maintain it with Reliance, the new owner is responsible to pay for the service / maintenance or replacement of the "owned" water heater. Reliance replaced the broken water heater. Now, you are in a rental contract.

Does this make sense? Just my toonie.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:01 pm 

Miles wrote:
Could we put things this way:

1. Let's assume the original owner was free of rental of the water heater. We don't know why. It could be an outright purchase or an agreement with the builder (or whatever). That's the reason why he was not billed monthly by Reliance. Therefore, there was no misrepresentation of the sale.

2. After you bought the house, the "owned" water heater died. Since it was owned and there's no contract to maintain it with Reliance, the new owner is responsible to pay for the service / maintenance or replacement of the "owned" water heater. Reliance replaced the broken water heater. Now, you are in a rental contract.

Does this make sense? Just my toonie.
As stated by newster, the first owner, which he contacted said the tank was a rental and stated so in the paper work when he sold the house to the next buyer. This buyer knew it was a rental but was never bill by Reliance. The second owner who sold the house to newster said in the paper work that the tank was owned but had to know it wasn't.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:59 am 

so no update from OP and it appears nothing happened from his side all of this talk went into a pile of dust.

Isn't it that we always look for a scapegoat for our mistakes?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:11 am 

We rent our water heater from Reliance and it sounds like we have the same size tank. But we pay $50.00 quarterly not monthly. I would question if he's reading the bill properly. Its a pretty significant difference and seems odd that they would have arranged different payment schedules.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6