HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:24 pm 

What flavour is that yummy Kool-aid you're drinking?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:25 pm 

MiltonBorn wrote:
Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Hodor wrote:
Doug Ford has struck again.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4588272/doug ... rkham/amp/

Didn’t Parm Gill run on supporting this project? What a bunch of donkeys.

Serious question

WHAT is Ford for?

All I keep seeing is cancel this cancel that

Also just as an FYI
Despite the same name, the Federal & Provincial Conservatives are NOT the same party
The Liberals are the same party
Weird I know

Cancelled thanks to Wynne and her spending problem. She made promises that the university will locate in Milton, Brampton, and Markham but Ford says the government is in too much debt to move forward with it. He has to make cuts to balance the budget. Will probably take years.

So you’re telling me that no government can ever spend any money until a budget is balanced? Is THAT what you’re saying? Cause that sounds like what you’re saying, but I don’t think you’d actually say that.

Or they can just spend borrowed money on certain things that they deem important? If that’s the case, is there a list?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:41 pm 

So you just keep spending borrowed money forever, and borrow more money to cover the interest, and keep giving out free candy and lofty promises to excite voters, and balloon taxes to pay for it, and.....

Sounds like a Ponzi scheme. Tell me I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 pm 

Well way to twist that all around.... Hey I’m not saying spend money wastefully, but there are compelling arguments to investing in education. If governments couldn’t run deficits, nothing would get done and society would crumble. But you know this, so sorry for sounding.... douchey?

Maybe like a limit as to how much in debt they can get? Like, x amount per population or something? Like there’s gotta be a better way than SPEND SPEND SPEND then CUT EVERYTHING OMG DEBT IS KILLING US!!! Right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:58 am 

Hodor wrote:
Well way to twist that all around.... Hey I’m not saying spend money wastefully, but there are compelling arguments to investing in education. If governments couldn’t run deficits, nothing would get done and society would crumble. But you know this, so sorry for sounding.... douchey?

Maybe like a limit as to how much in debt they can get? Like, x amount per population or something? Like there’s gotta be a better way than SPEND SPEND SPEND then CUT EVERYTHING OMG DEBT IS KILLING US!!! Right?
It's the same for us only we have to do it every month not once every 4 yrs. They hide it we can't, they print money as they need it and only take a count once a yr and say "oh don't worry it will work out", at the end of 4 yrs they say Opps, try saying THAT to the bank when your mortgage payment is late.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:38 am 

Greenjp wrote:
Hodor wrote:

It's the same for us only we have to do it every month not once every 4 yrs. They hide it we can't, they print money as they need it and only take a count once a yr and say "oh don't worry it will work out", at the end of 4 yrs they say Opps, try saying THAT to the bank when your mortgage payment is late.

Cmon man, you know government debt isn’t the same as your household debt.

I’m down for some fiscal responsibility - but what’s the PLAN here? Everything this guy does seems sudden and revenge-oriented.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:42 pm 

I get the "Fiscal Responsibility" however that doesn't makes me less disappointed, in less than a week our town was affected again, I'm assuming our car insurance is going up when/if the bill gets passed. Can't wait for the next provincial election!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:44 pm 

Hodor wrote:
- but what’s the PLAN here? .

Well my sister had been hired as one of the backup
election scrutineers so spent election night listening to Town Staff
gossiping away

So according to that source the Four Year Provincial and Municipal Plan is

Doug Ford Cut Cut Cut

Milton and other municipalities
Municipalities form a bargaining "Union" and go to Doug Ford and say
gimee gimee gimee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:12 pm 

Hodor wrote:
I’m down for some fiscal responsibility - but what’s the PLAN here? Everything this guy does seems sudden and revenge-oriented.

Oddly the people who did vote for him are silent

I don't even think the buck a beer crowd has much to say about him

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:58 am 

Previous government didn't do anything. Land is sitting empty for decade or so now.
Last promise was on last days on previous government. Just another election promise, which liberals almost never made as reality.

I'm glad this Laurier crap is not in Milton. They are not Canadian educational organization, but bunch of left radicals supporting only their agenda and destroying young people lives if they are not following those apparatchiks agenda.
Ford promised what he is not going to support this hate and discrimination crap in Universities. He kept his promise.

But I have trust in elected Milton representatives, at some point this land will have educational campus.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:04 am 

kf095 wrote:
Previous government didn't do anything. Land is sitting empty for decade or so now.
Last promise was on last days on previous government. Just another election promise, which liberals almost never made as reality.

I'm glad this Laurier crap is not in Milton. They are not Canadian educational organization, but bunch of left radicals supporting only their agenda and destroying young people lives if they are not following those apparatchiks agenda.
Ford promised what he is not going to support this hate and discrimination crap in Universities. He kept his promise.

But I have trust in elected Milton representatives, at some point this land will have educational campus.

Are you a White Nationalist?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:54 am 

Hodor, almost NO ONE is a White Nationalist, or didn't you know that. Your reprogramming has become very obvious my man. That doesn't even make very good humour, if that was your intention.

Also, I love the word apparatchik. Everyone should know where this comes from, what a powerful bit of knowledge to have.

Last edited by B&T402 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:12 am 

B&T402 wrote:
Hodor, almost NOONE is a White Nationalist, or didn't you know that. Your reprogramming has become very obvious my man. That doesn't even make very good humour, if that was your intention.

Also, I love the word apparatchik. Everyone should know where this comes from, what a powerful bit of knowledge to have.

Settle down. I just wanted to see what the crazy man would say next. I believe they call this ‘trolling’ in the modern lexicon.

Now if you’ll excuse me I need to go and google some Russian words.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:40 am 

Attaboy. My apoligy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:28 pm 

kf095 wrote:

Did the Wikipedia definition of the word

apparatchik

I'll guess in a modern context
"Apparatchiks in Milton Laurier Campus "

would mean

Middle aged Tim Hortons donut eating bureaucrats all over the Campus
who got their political appointments not because they know a blessed thing about running a university but because
their wife is friend of a friend of Justin Trudeau's barber.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next