HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:14 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
owners are not even being offered fair market value

Again, show me where you're getting this info. There are many references to what the land is worth, but no mention of what offer has been made. And how do you know it's less than market value?

Diamond Award Winner - Top 3% in Canada
http://www.TheHomeHunter.ca
905-878-8101

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:02 pm 

The Home Hunter wrote:
Mr.Peppermint wrote:
owners are not even being offered fair market value

Again, show me where you're getting this info. There are many references to what the land is worth, but no mention of what offer has been made. And how do you know it's less than market value?

Peps knows everything don't you know?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:08 am 

Okay, so for everyone that wants to have a voice in this, it seems the next meeting of the school board -- which as has been stated is both the *requester* of the 20-acre-grab and the *approver* at the same time -- is tomorrow night, Tuesday May 15th, at 7:30pm, Catholic Education Centre - Board Room on 802 Drury Lane in Burlington. I don't know what kind of privileges any drop-in observers might have, but even if they don't allow anyone in the meeting itself, a bunch of people outside the building with protest signs, waiting with pertinent questions and hell, even a local media crew if they can swing it, would probably have an effect.
https://www.hcdsb.org/Board/Pages/MeetingInformation.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:48 am 

What's the latest news in the McCann's vs. the Pedophiles Feud?

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:41 pm 

No no, it's the Catholics going in down there.

Wait, my bad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 pm 

The school board has stopped being dicks.

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta/20 ... chool.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:15 am 

“We were really just looking at lines on a map,” said board trustee Anthony Quinn. “As far as we were concerned, this was the best site — it had the best drainage, the best access to roads. When we discussed this process around the table, I don’t think any of us understood that this was a family farm.”

What a bunch of yahoos! If the above statement is true, then the elected board trustee (Anthony Quinn) as well as all other board members should be ashamed of themselves and immediately quit their jobs. Although I suspect they are using this ridiculous and improbable excuse simply to save face. Is this guy running again as the Catholic board trustee in the next election? If so, I only hope that voters will remember this whole fiasco.

Also, do they really think that people are so stupid to believe that no-one on the board had any idea that this was a family farm? This is a 200 acre working farm with grazing cows out in the fields every day. I'm sure everyone who lives in Milton has driven by and seen them, unless they're either blind or completely oblivious to their surroundings. Quinn's nonsensical statement only adds insult to injury and deserves to be turfed from his job.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:23 pm 

All Star wrote:
Also, do they really think that people are so stupid to believe that no-one on the board had any idea that this was a family farm? This is a 200 acre working farm with grazing cows out in the fields every day. I'm sure everyone who lives in Milton has driven by and seen them, unless they're either blind or completely oblivious to their surroundings. Quinn's nonsensical statement only adds insult to injury and deserves to be turfed from his job.

The family also are regulars at the farmers market so I am sure most residents have seen them and if buying meat probably supported them

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 pm 

All Star wrote:
“We were really just looking at lines on a map,” said board trustee Anthony Quinn. “As far as we were concerned, this was the best site — it had the best drainage, the best access to roads. When we discussed this process around the table, I don’t think any of us understood that this was a family farm.”

What a bunch of yahoos! If the above statement is true, then the elected board trustee (Anthony Quinn) as well as all other board members should be ashamed of themselves and immediately quit their jobs. Although I suspect they are using this ridiculous and improbable excuse simply to save face. Is this guy running again as the Catholic board trustee in the next election? If so, I only hope that voters will remember this whole fiasco.

The stuff they've been in the news for this past year tells me you're spot on with them being a bunch of yahoos. It sounds like a very dysfunctional school board.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:07 pm 

Wonder if they had the decency to send him an apology letter for the oversight of ruining his summer.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:02 am 

Norts999 wrote:
Wonder if they had the decency to send him an apology letter for the oversight of ruining his summer.

:lol:

School board can not spell the word apoligize

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:03 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Norts999 wrote:

:lol:

School board can not spell the word apoligize

I like this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:16 pm 

They could learn a thing or two from whomever is discreetly and successfully building Mosques all over Ontario, without anyone really noticing the sheer number and volume of prime real estate they snapped up.
Probably because they aren’t arrogant dicks about it.

-Randy-South Park