HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:09 am 

Indira Naidoo-Harris ran a full page "Vote for Me" ad on the back of this week's Champion (similar smaller nondescript ads in previous editions). No mention of what party she represents, no logo, just a black & washed out red-ish/orange on white ad asking you to vote for her (No blue... probably not PC. Liberal ? NDP ? ).

Of course I'm being facetious but what a shame it has the appearance that she's making an effort to disassociate herself from the Wynne Liberals. Mind you, the ad is full of the Liberal carrots on a string for which there is no money in the pot to pay for.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:46 am 

Every party is promising things that there is no money to pay for, and every party is projecting a deficit.

At least the Liberals and NDP are able to somewhat explain how it will all work - Doug Ford has no idea.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 11:36 am 

Shame the libs feel they have tarnished their name so badly that they have chosen not to even show it in ads. There is another ad in the newly delivered Milton Community Guild that is the same. A red ad with Indira's name but no Lib logo :shock:

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:49 pm 

Obviously, Indira tries to disassociate her name from the Liberal Party as much as possible. C'mon, be proud of the accomplishments of the party you represent!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 6:52 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Every party is promising things that there is no money to pay for, and every party is projecting a deficit.

At least the Liberals and NDP are able to somewhat explain how it will all work - Doug Ford has no idea.

It amazes me how many people are out in left field, failing to look at all the facts, taking things out of context and putting their own spin on things.

How could any party not project a deficit with the huge financial hole that the Liberals have put us in ? It will take years to get out of the deficit situation. Doug Ford will cut a lot of the frivolous programs and funnel some of that money towards things that he's promising... more responsible than to just keep spending like the other 2 parties will do.

Oh, I forgot. Hodor doesn't like Doug Ford... "just because".

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:29 pm 

hughd wrote:
Hodor wrote:

It amazes me how many people are out in left field, failing to look at all the facts, taking things out of context and putting their own spin on things.

How could any party not project a deficit with the huge financial hole that the Liberals have put us in ? It will take years to get out of the deficit situation. Doug Ford will cut a lot of the frivolous programs and funnel some of that money towards things that he's promising... more responsible than to just keep spending like the other 2 parties will do.

That reminds me of his brother promising to stop the gravy train until he got into power and couldn't find the supposed gravy. Ruling is never as easy as it looks from the outside especially when you're blowhards like that pair. I don't think he's going to be anywhere near as well planned or well thought out as you think. He's already shown time after time he's an off the cuff reactor but who knows, maybe that will be better than the heavily calculating and politically manipulating Wynne.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 8:40 pm 

It's easy to cut the gravy. Getting re-elected after doing it is the hard part. You are going to piss off someone.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:04 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:
He's already shown time after time he's an off the cuff reactor but who knows, maybe that will be better than the heavily calculating and politically manipulating Wynne.

^Exactly. I think most people finally opened their eyes to see how they've been played and lied to by the Liberal party for far too long. Wynne's days are numbered and she knows it as well as her subordinates (e.g. Indira N-Harris) who wants to keep her job but is ashamed to attach her name to the Liberal party.
Reading her ads one could easily interpret that Indira is running as an independent and vote for her, afterall she was a pretty good MPP but unfortunately she had her marching orders to obey or else.

I've always said that both Wynne and her ex-boss Dalton should have been convicted and jailed for all their corruption, backroom wheeling and dealing as well as ordering the destruction of public and legal records that would have tied both of them to their illegal activities. Instead they threw under the bus the man who they hired to permanently erase those records from the government computers and who was recently sentenced and incarcerated for doing so. In the meantime Wynne has the audacity and the nerve to continue lying about her involvement (even though she was Dalton's right hand person at the time and knew full well what was going on) and she wants to be re-elected as Premier and Dalton is now laughing all the way to the bank working as a senior partner in a big law firm on Bay Street. Where is the justice in that?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:27 am 

hughd wrote:
Hodor wrote:

Has he said what will be cut, or what the actual plan is? I'm all for voting the right person for the job. Please, explain it all to me like the dumbass I am. You can do it "just because."

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:11 pm 

I’d vote for a tree branch before going liberal. Ford is close enough to a tree branch.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:41 am 

Indira was a horrible choice and anyone who voted for her instead of Chudleigh should be ashamed of themselves
Now we have some new candidate Gill vs Indira, neither of whom seems worth anything

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:18 am 

Parm Gill has since changed his mind on gay marriage. He’s totally against the new health curriculum though, presumably because he hasn’t read it.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:41 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Parm Gill has since changed his mind on gay marriage. He’s totally against the new health curriculum though, presumably because he hasn’t read it.

Does he live in Milton yet?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 am 

It seems like she is not the only one avoiding references to the Liberal party:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/0 ... party.html

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:47 am 

All of Indira’s signs have Liberal logos on them.

Where’s a photo of this advertisement for those of us who are too important to read that silly Champion rag?