HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:36 pm 

Looks like the Liberals are at it again. I am still voting Conservative regardless.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 pm 

gdm894 wrote:
What's too bad is that we seem to have been reduced to having to choose a party to vote for and not who we think is the best candidate to represent us (eons ago when I was still in school we were taught that this was how you decided who to vote for). The way it is now the party puts forth a candidate they think will appeal to the most voters not based on their ideals but more of a popularity contest. I really don't see a need to have ridings and candidates anymore since they aren't allowed individual thought and are forced to vote the party line or be turfed. So why not get rid of all MPPs and simply have us vote for the leader directly then he (or she or it or they or whatever the politically correct non-gender specific term is) and the party executive can run things as they see fit. It is essentially that way now but with all the added cost of paying button pushers (MPPs) to "represent" us.

My sentiments exactly. Individual MPPs have very little power and must tow the party line or else be back-benched or worse. They've become nothing more than a mouth-piece for the Premier. Just think of the money that would be saved if we got rid of them and voted directly for the head of the party. But realistically I would think that our constitution and parliamentary system of government would not allow it. Great idea though.

Personally, I'm fed up with both the Libs and Conservatives at this point. I've decided my vote will go to the Libertarian candidate.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:20 pm 

MiltonBorn wrote:
Looks like the Liberals are at it again. I am still voting Conservative regardless.

Right. The Liberals.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:56 pm 

Has anyone EVER met Parm ANYWHERE in Milton at ANY time doing ANYTHING prior to his demotion to Milton? Serious question. How did we get this downward spiral as a candidate?

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:59 pm 

Norts999 wrote:
Has anyone EVER met Parm ANYWHERE in Milton at ANY time doing ANYTHING prior to his demotion to Milton? Serious question. How did we get this downward spiral as a candidate?

His wife came to my door canvassing for him. At that time I was going to vote for him. I hope they come around again.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:04 pm 

All Star wrote:
Personally, I'm fed up with both the Libs and Conservatives at this point. I've decided my vote will go to the Libertarian candidate.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but each vote is worth about $2 in subsidy after the election so it's not entirely a bad idea. It's a good way for smaller parties like Green, Libertarian and similar to get some money to help keep the system a little more open and diverse. It also means $2 less going to the Liberals and Cons.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:54 pm 

Here is a CUT that Ford will likely make that will of course wreck Ontario :wink: Nothing wrong with being leaders with electric vehicle rebates but I wonder - does Ontario's rebates need to be double, even three times higher than other provinces ?

https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/incentives

Oh that's right. Our tax dollar paid rebates are likely double and triple what everyone else offers because the rebate amounts were decided just before a high level liberal ministers staffer left his job to work for Tesla. Now it all makes sense.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2017/02/23/ontario-subsidies-for-electric-vehicles-under-fire-after-ministers-staffer-leaves-to-work-for-tesla.html

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:51 pm 

It looks like this guy is full of it. Not a first time he gets caught. What surprising me is how this third world practice is allowed to be repeated over and over again by same person.
And what is more disgusting is how Lisa R supporting this practice.
First time I agree with current PM of Ontario. She asked police to investigate 29 ridings candidates which were installed by one con scheme, sPam is one of them.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... ivided-the

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:10 pm 

Aw I saw the thread title and thought this thread was about the Tim Hortons incident

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4665873

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:25 am 

Holy smokes the rot goes deep and all the way to the top.

This sh*t is illegal, right?

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/d ... nation/amp

https://globalnews.ca/news/4211298/doug ... rding/amp/

What a sleazy farce this guy is turning out to be.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 am 

Already it is Orange wave and this is surely going to fuel that Orange wave.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:51 pm 

kf095 wrote:
It looks like this guy is full of it. Not a first time he gets caught. What surprising me is how this third world practice is allowed to be repeated over and over again by same person.
And what is more disgusting is how Lisa R supporting this practice.
First time I agree with current PM of Ontario. She asked police to investigate 29 ridings candidates which were installed by one con scheme, sPam is one of them.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... ivided-the

I've been a life-long conservative but will definitely not be voting for this Parm Gill character who no one that I've talked with believes to be honest and ethical.
But for certain he was parachuted into Milton on account of his Indian ancestry and most likely many in this Town will vote for him because of that and will ignore whatever illegal activities he's been involved in the past. Too bad that he's the best candidate that the Conservatives can come up with to run.
Personally, I still intent to vote Libertarian this time as I've lost all faith with the two major parties.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:56 pm 

Three. NDP as party seems to hate everything and everyone.
In addition to Jewish it is OK to hate veterans now in NDP.
And they can't count properly even within thier election programm.
I went to see local candidates and green one looks like last man standing.
Nice lady and talk like regular person who still hasn't made self-lobotomy.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:12 pm 

kf095 wrote:
Three. NDP as party seems to hate everything and everyone.
In addition to Jewish it is OK to hate veterans now in NDP.
And they can't count properly even within thier election programm.
I went to see local candidates and green one looks like last man standing.
Nice lady and talk like regular person who still hasn't made self-lobotomy.
That is out right fear mongering. One person says she won't wear a poppy and gives her reason, which has a ring of true to it, even though most don't see it that way does not equate to the NDP or her hating veterans. Holy sh*t.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:25 pm 

http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/w ... ar-a-poppy
Quote:
She refers to veterans as “heroes” in quotation marks and asks is “every ‘hero’ honoured, every flag waved, every resounding exhortation about the troops ‘protecting our way of life,’ is a conscious act, and a political one.”

And yes she's an asshole, she goes on and on and on proving it. And yes her party should bonk her for this, but of course will not.

And yes, in the same sense I am voting for Fordsie, I just cited the Toronto Fricken Sun, because they seem to be almost the only ones willing to touch on these things. This is not unimportant by the way, and I am not thinking small here. Crazy times.

Also, a good little blurb here: https://www.thepostmillennial.com/ndp-c ... ear-poppy/