HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:24 am 

B&T402 wrote:
http://torontosun.com/news/provincial/warmington-ndp-candidate-says-she-wont-wear-a-poppy
Quote:
She refers to veterans as “heroes” in quotation marks and asks is “every ‘hero’ honoured, every flag waved, every resounding exhortation about the troops ‘protecting our way of life,’ is a conscious act, and a political one.”

And yes she's an asshole, she goes on and on and on proving it. And yes her party should bonk her for this, but of course will not.

And yes, in the same sense I am voting for Fordsie, I just cited the Toronto Fricken Sun, because they seem to be almost the only ones willing to touch on these things. This is not unimportant by the way, and I am not thinking small here. Crazy times.

Also, a good little blurb here: https://www.thepostmillennial.com/ndp-c ... ear-poppy/

Shocking!! Rob Ford would never do anything so egregious.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:02 am 

Specifically, the demographic this woman insulted is Fordsie' s bread and butter, so that's probably not what you meant right? Aside from pledging to personally strangle the hydro CEO, he has not made "divisive" comments like this assholish American librarian. Being as he's the populist in the group, I can't see him making sweeping declarations like this either. And speaking of bread and butter, wouldn't you think the NDP would have some concept of populism? I'll be amazed if they let her get off saying this, they'd be practically throwing that seat away.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 am 

B&T402 wrote:
Specifically, the demographic this woman insulted is Fordsie' s bread and butter, so that's probably not what you meant right? Aside from pledging to personally strangle the hydro CEO, he has not made "divisive" comments like this assholish American librarian. Being as he's the populist in the group, I can't see him making sweeping declarations like this either. And speaking of bread and butter, wouldn't you think the NDP would have some concept of populism? I'll be amazed if they let her get off saying this, they'd be practically throwing that seat away.

Oh please, Rob Ford is divisive as f**K. Whether or not you think it's true or reasonable doesn't change the fact that he is.
The PC's literally picked the one person who could screw up the biggest gimme election in Ontario history, and they're paying the price for it.

Latest polls are insane:
http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/2847 ... d-campaign
https://twitter.com/VoiceOfFranky/statu ... 3163265024

They'd better come out with an actual platform, and FAST.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:27 pm 

This is unbelievable and I can't believe the NDP lead will hold up for the next couple of weeks but I don't know what to think anymore. The PC party is so frustrating. 6 months ago things were simple. Patrick, put on a suit and stand in front of the nice people of Ontario because this election is in the bag. Tory, Hudak, Brown, Ford. Why can't the Cons get their crap together.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 7:04 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:
This is unbelievable and I can't believe the NDP lead will hold up for the next couple of weeks but I don't know what to think anymore. The PC party is so frustrating. 6 months ago things were simple. Patrick, put on a suit and stand in front of the nice people of Ontario because this election is in the bag. Tory, Hudak, Brown, Ford. Why can't the Cons get their crap together.
They are too busy backstabbing each other and clawing their way up the ladder knowing there is a good chance of a PC win.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:37 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:

The good news is no matter who wins, PCs, NDP, or Liberals (Hahahaha) - we’re f***.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 am 

It just keeps piling up for old Dougie.

Dude runs on a “we are not the corrupt liberals” message but turns out to be anything but. Oh well - looks like he will get a second chance! Don’t blow it, Doug!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:55 am 

https://www.scribd.com/document/3804063 ... from_embed

Predates Wynne's concession, so this may be rosy for the Libs. Looks a bit land-slidy in most ridings, including Milton.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:29 am 

B&T402 wrote:
https://www.scribd.com/document/380406307/Ontario-Proj-28-05-2018-Detailed#from_embed

Predates Wynne's concession, so this may be rosy for the Libs. Looks a bit land-slidy in most ridings, including Milton.

It looks like the team I don’t want to win will win anyway, and they will likely enact some changes that I ultimately agree with and/or benefit me directly. The problem I have is I want to remain as butthurt as possible on the internet as long as possible, much like the PC team supporters were 4 years ago. Any advice on how to ignore the positive and focus solely on the negative? Is there an anti-Ontario Proud group I can subscribe to? Should I sign back up for Facebook and spread memes and whatnot?

If the liberals lose their official party stays though - lololololol they could be out of the picture for decades!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 am 

It would/could be the washout that triggers Harper's dream of stamping out the Liberal brand for good, first in Ontario, then spreading Nation-wide. You can't count those cockroaches out though, they could survive a nuclear detonation, they have done so in the past. Will this rekindle talk of merging the left? Never mind the Liberals are supposed to be centrists...

The most recent version, even land-slidier than last week: https://www.scribd.com/document/3809361 ... 8-Detailed

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:52 am 

I heard they only do these polls on landlines though. If that’s the case then they’re missing out on the “young” vote. But then young people generally don’t vote anyway so I guess it doesn’t matter.

It’ll be a classic First-past-the-post blunder where as few people as possible are satisfied with the democratic process.

Gotta go - Working on my Impeach Doug memes now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:18 pm 

Quote:
How to look at polling data and vote strategically: U of T statistician offers insight

https://www.utoronto.ca/news/how-look-p ... rs-insight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm 

Oh man, Renata is suing Doug now. The timing is very interesting, and it's surprising since Doug and Rob were so close, but maybe every family has their dysfunction in some way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:04 pm 

That family was the definition of dysfunctional! Now he's going to be our Premier.