HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:55 pm 

Carl wrote:
which street this is happening? Is it some type of court?

Its a busy street with 2 car garages. Traffic flows both ways all day long.
The stop sign I mentioned is at the corner to enter onto LSL. It was spectacular to see, even called the wife to have a look at this gaff.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:03 pm 

It must be a rental unit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:48 pm 

Carl wrote:
It must be a rental unit.

Probably Peel region outcasts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:56 pm 

If we read the OP link, first sentence mentions “parking on lawn”
3rd sentence mentions “Unsightly properties”
Fuk me if they’re getting PROACTIVE, they still won’t REACT to multiple reactive reports to an unmanned phone. 24/7 unmanned.
Sucks to be a millionaire in Milton.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:54 pm 

Hodor wrote:

Well when the town lets anyone do whatever they want - like build a giant illegal wall for example, what do you expect?

#neverforget

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story ... residents/

Is that saga still going on? Man the sketchy politics in Milton make my head shake.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:56 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Norts999 wrote:
Looking forward to seeing some tow trucks working all night. Does Milton have a tow yard even?

Back of Rad Bros. Just roll em down the hill.

Then the town would have to ticket for unsightly property maintenance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 pm 

All Star wrote:
This news has made my day. It's about time for some serious enforcement to take place. Would this also include those who have paved over part of their front yard to allow for additional parking? Several houses on our street have done so over the last couple of years without any repercussion from the Town. I was always under the impression that was not allowed.

A very big thank you to Robert Duvall.

You mean you can't own 4 cars living in a town house?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:54 am 

RedDawn289 wrote:
All Star wrote:
This news has made my day. It's about time for some serious enforcement to take place. Would this also include those who have paved over part of their front yard to allow for additional parking? Several houses on our street have done so over the last couple of years without any repercussion from the Town. I was always under the impression that was not allowed.

Don't laugh, that's actually going on a lot more than you think. Of course the slum landlords renting out these places couldn't care less about the upkeep of the neighbourhood or any consideration for other property owners -- all they care about is collecting their monthly rental cheques. And the Town officials just pretend everything is just hunky dory and refuse to tackle the problems. In fact, they actually allow the rental of illegal basement apartments even though most contravene fire safety and construction codes in what were built to be just SINGLE-FAMILY dwellings. Does the Town care if there are 15+ people living there?? THEY DON'T GIVE A F*** - all they want is our tax dollars.

The laissez faire attitude of by-law enforcement is an absolutely disgrace and unless they rectify the situation soon, for sure Milton is well on the way to becoming another 3rd world cesspool similar to what happened in that once beautiful city of Brampton.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:00 pm 

All Star wrote:
RedDawn289 wrote:
All Star wrote:

Don't laugh, that's actually going on a lot more than you think. Of course the slum landlords renting out these places couldn't care less about the upkeep of the neighbourhood or any consideration for other property owners -- all they care about is collecting their monthly rental cheques. And the Town officials just pretend everything is just hunky dory and refuse to tackle the problems. In fact, they actually allow the rental of illegal basement apartments even though most contravene fire safety and construction codes in what were built to be just SINGLE-FAMILY dwellings. Does the Town care if there are 15+ people living there?? THEY DON'T GIVE A F*** - all they want is our tax dollars.

The laissez faire attitude of by-law enforcement is an absolutely disgrace and unless they rectify the situation soon, for sure Milton is well on the way to becoming another 3rd world cesspool similar to what happened in that once beautiful city of Brampton.

If all the town cares about is their tax dollars, then wouldn’t having 15+ people living in a single home cost them money? That’s water, sewage, recycling for 15 people on one home’s taxes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:05 pm 

Now into 3rd week of parking on lawn. 3 calls to parking enforcement unactioned. Now he’s driving over my 1.5 ft of grass and down my driveway.
What’s my next move? Call a local councillor or a regional councillor? Call Minmaxx? Call Gordie? Call Dougie? Call Justin? I don’t know.
Guys obviously an ahole, talking to him is not an option.

-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:40 pm 

Norts999 wrote:
Now into 3rd week of parking on lawn. 3 calls to parking enforcement unactioned. Now he’s driving over my 1.5 ft of grass and down my driveway.
What’s my next move? Call a local councillor or a regional councillor? Call Minmaxx? Call Gordie? Call Dougie? Call Justin? I don’t know.
Guys obviously an ahole, talking to him is not an option.

The Champion?

They once had a story about a hockey net on the front page - I’m sure your plight would qualify.