HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:21 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=70333#p562330

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:33 pm 

Aren’t the sub forums for the 60 and over crowd?

Anyway I hope old Joany there isn’t going to vote for change for the sake of change. Take a look at some of this Mian Amir Naeem’s nonsensical ramblings. Dude is already in way over his head and he hasn’t even gotten through the local-debate-nobody-is-watching phase.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/MianAmirNaeem ... l&mt_nav=0

Old Gordo’s the only chance we’ve got. This town needs an enema.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 pm 

I didn't even know these "sub-forums" existed. I guess there's way too much reading in the general forum for me to have time to notice the other stuff! :lol:

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but I watched a couple of the Milton debates. One of the wards had 5 candidates I would have gladly chosen for mayor over the 3 who are actually running for the job. The ward candidates seemed like decent human beings with a genuine desire to improve Milton.

In the mayoral debate Krantz tried to call one of the other candidates stupid I think but it was so awkward I wasn't sure what he was trying to say.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:55 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:
In the mayoral debate Krantz tried to call one of the other candidates stupid I think but it was so awkward I wasn't sure what he was trying to say.

Yeah not quite. Mian broke debate protocol and made a snappy remark about one of Gord's answers, accusing him of a lack of vision (almost spelled it phonetically). The debate moderator (Chair Carr's brother, how Melonville is that?) allowed Gord a response, and said only "It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it an remove all doubt" which I thought was pretty good as long as he wasn't referring to himself.

There were other minor pillow fights also, Hamid vs. Pollard and Cluett vs. Elahi being most revealing of character, and funny. Some tension between DiLorenzo and Duvall, I'd say that's about the closest race going, I was impressed by Duvall.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm 

Not as interesting or nearly as entertaining as Toronto politics :lol: :lol: : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPgKH_B62pM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:30 pm 

eeninety wrote:
Not as interesting or nearly as entertaining as Toronto politics :lol: :lol: : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPgKH_B62pM

I wouldn’t want those racists at my event, either. They’re only there to stir up trouble.

That dude needs to learn how to handle his sh*t better, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:31 pm 

Yeah he made a couple of comments about Gord not having a vision but Gord also said several times to just look at his record. It's a fair statement and the town definitely has and does lack a vision and that's a lot of the reason for some of the issues we're dealing with. People with ambition and a vision are smart enough not to run for mayor because we lemmings will continue to vote in Krantz.

My point was more about how awkward it all seemed. It was definitely a bit of hand-bags at 50 paces type of stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:18 am 

Hodor wrote:
eeninety wrote:

I wouldn’t want those racists at my event, either. They’re only there to stir up trouble.

In reference to the lineup of speakers at this event, I'm sure you meant that. Totally agree here, because we don't want to go down these roads do we? For a second, I thought you were apoligizing again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:31 am 

Groundbreaking wrote:
Yeah he made a couple of comments about Gord not having a vision but Gord also said several times to just look at his record. It's a fair statement and the town definitely has and does lack a vision and that's a lot of the reason for some of the issues we're dealing with. People with ambition and a vision are smart enough not to run for mayor because we lemmings will continue to vote in Krantz.

My point was more about how awkward it all seemed. It was definitely a bit of hand-bags at 50 paces type of stuff.

I'm no Krantz fanboy by any stretch, but the ToM has been strapped to a rocket sled, more than 10 years ago now, as the poster child for Places to Grow as enforced by it's henchman the OMB. I do not see how anyone can have done any better really, I don't see it as a leadership failure or even much of an election issue either. The pragmatics among our candidates know this, and have trouble getting this message across, there are more variables in play than length of tenure. Some of these candidates do not necessarily strike me as visionary when it comes to addressing these issues, surfing only on the "Milton Sucks!" trope to hoodwink voters. To look specifically at some of the complaints being made, combined with the lack of credible solutions or suggestions, there is pretty much nothing there except "I'm not them!", which unfortunately is a powerful strategy. No-one will accidentally bumble into a win here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:04 pm 

I like Krantz. He tries to keep our municipal taxes as low as he can.

My neighbours and I had a problem a few years ago with construction issues on our street and we signed a petition. I took it to town hall and asked that it be given to mayor Krantz. Turned out that his office door was open and he welcomed me in. I had a seat in front of his desk and handed him our petition. 24 hours later our issue was resolved.

Once Krantz retires ( because he will not ever lose an election ) then if Colin Best want to be mayor then he has my vote. He deserves it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:35 pm 

B&T402 wrote:
Hodor wrote:
eeninety wrote:

In reference to the lineup of speakers at this event, I'm sure you meant that. Totally agree here, because we don't want to go down these roads do we? For a second, I thought you were apoligizing again.

No, I’m talking about Faith Goldy and her groupies.

I don’t have a clue who this guy is or what his group or event is even about, but Faith Goldy telling me it’s a terrorist convention is about as reliable info as Minty’s Weed strain reviews.

She was there to make a scene, and wasn’t going to leave until a scene was made. I would have come up with every excuse I could think of to keep her out. She’s a terrible person.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 am 

I would love to see her actual votes. There are a lot of people that feel her way, but are wayyyy too scared to speak out in fear of persecution. Exactly what happened with Trump in the States. Should be very interesting to see the numbers she actually gets.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:54 pm 

Yes let's have a shitpostoff Hodor. As I am sure you know, this is a deep rabbit hole, and there are a lot of important issues to discuss. But in brief, are you saying the West isn't the best? Do elaborate.

Great pic. She actually could have had a respectable - however righty-right - campaign if she'd kept to large scale clear issues like human rights and the the Charter, instead of surfing sensationalism like she has. And avoided contact with nutjobs in white hardhats. Seriously, you haven't read up on those speakers? Please do, and report back with your findings asap.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:19 pm 

I honestly don’t care if a bunch of wannabe jihadists get together and talk sh*t, and some right wing nut job wants to show up and cause a big to-do.

They’re ALL assholes and aren’t worth our time. It doesn’t matter who’s “the best.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:43 am 

^^ seriously? You don't care if muslim jihadists get together to discuss terrorism in Canada? LOL good thing the RCMP doesn't think like you. Pretty sure Goldy doesn't want to carry out terror plots lol.