HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:20 pm 

Is there anyone else that feels that this is concerning? Can't wait for main-stream media to finish bleeding off and just die.

In addition to Bell, Rogers Media now also refuses to run Faith Goldy for mayor ads: https://twitter.com/FaithGoldy/status/1 ... 3471221761

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:22 pm 

Are you trying to be sarcastically intelligent? You can still find her stuff in Nazi Monthly, can’t you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:35 am 

eeninety wrote:
Is there anyone else that feels that this is concerning? Can't wait for main-stream media to finish bleeding off and just die.

In addition to Bell, Rogers Media now also refuses to run Faith Goldy for mayor ads: https://twitter.com/FaithGoldy/status/1 ... 3471221761

Dont forget to vote for Faith Goldy today.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 pm 

People like Hodor only believe in free speech when others are saying what they want to hear

From a very serious standpoint running that crack pots political views can not possibly help her get elected
Voting Ford is as low as the voters can possibly go

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:51 pm 

Hodor wrote:
Are you trying to be sarcastically intelligent? You can still find her stuff in Nazi Monthly, can’t you?

Hold the door.. more like Hold a grudge...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:15 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
People like Hodor only believe in free speech when others are saying what they want to hear

From a very serious standpoint running that crack pots political views can not possibly help her get elected
Voting Ford is as low as the voters can possibly go

I believe you can say whatever you like. I also believe that words are real and mean things.

“Freedom of speech” doesn’t mean “freedom from consequences.” Plus we don’t even have that in Canada. Maybe a move to the USA might be a good idea for you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:34 pm 

Hodor wrote:
I believe you can say whatever you like. I also believe that words are real and mean things.

Are you kidding? Your posting history (and deleted accounts which are still quoted on here) speak for themselves

Hodor wrote:
“Freedom of speech” doesn’t mean “freedom from consequences.” Plus we don’t even have that in Canada. Maybe a move to the USA might be a good idea for you?

Libtards love to crow about "consequences" when their rabble starts a riot and goes looting because something they see/hear rubs them the wrong way don't they

I have said MANY times would prefer Trump over Trudeau any day of the week

MCGA perhaps?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 pm 

Anyone know how Faith did? The corrupt media is burying her results in the 8% for other.

Maybe freedom of speech doesn't mean "you MUST listen to the crap I spew" afterall?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:04 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:
Anyone know how Faith did? The corrupt media is burying her results in the 8% for other.

Maybe freedom of speech doesn't mean "you MUST listen to the crap I spew" afterall?

3.3% she sure crushed it. :lol:

3.3% of people living in Toronto are messed up, though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:36 pm 

She earned her results, but the least the media conglomerates can do is play fair with all candidates. In an attempt to starve her campaign of oxygen they have probably emboldened fringe freaks to participate in the electoral process, people who never would have come out.

What they did to a candidate registering detectable support was way out of line, and should be considered election tampering. The voters should be the ones to shut shitty candidates down, not some hidden cabal of operatives acting on their own. Interesting what some people think constitutes fascism.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:00 am 

Couldn't agree more^

Also - 3.4% of the people voting for her is like a completely sold out Leafs game of people that are outright supporting her... amongst only the 40% of people that DID vote. She came in third. She'll poll higher next time around. Similar to the US, we are witnessing a growing backlash against a certain aspect of multicultarism and wide open borders. It's a very cyclical process across the years.

It would be excessively ignorant to laugh off 3.4% of 40% of Toronto, voting in an openly extreme proven Nazi Nationalist.

Let's not ALSO forget that Kevin Johnson (an OUTRIGHT anti-islam preacher) came in SECOND place in Mississauga with 13.5% (16,000) of the votes. That's just 40,000 extremely alt-right (at the extreme end of the spectrum) anti-islamist people just between Mississauga and Canada. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEwXSJrPrQs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:56 am 

I disagree. I think the world is becoming more altruistic, not less. The internet has given the alt-right or whatever you want to call them a voice, but they are still very much a minority.

I’m still going to vote for whoever isn’t afraid of brown people, and I expect most others will as well. We’ll see, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:53 pm 

this is an honest question, but cant private companies choose what they want and dont want to air?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:03 pm 

noone wrote:
this is an honest question, but cant private companies choose what they want and dont want to air?

If you’re questioning the actual legal implications of Bell’s decision, the racist candidate from Toronto’s case was already thrown out by a judge. This whole thing is now completely irrelevant.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/globalnews. ... issed/amp/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:15 pm 

not questioning their decision, just curious.
im familiar with Faith Goldy, and have no time for her sh*t.

it just seemed like a no brainer to me, if a company does not want to air something, they should be fine to not do so.