HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:01 am 

So what happened? Who won?? Hodor did you save us???

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:53 am 

Greenjp wrote:
So what happened? Who won?? Hodor did you save us???

It’s today.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:45 am 

And the latest from Amir Naeem on Facebook

"Milton Liberal community should not be fooled by this staged nomination on Jan20th. Local Party players brought Mian Abubaqr as a stooge to deceive voters . Abubakr and councilor Zeeshan Hamid are in bed with Adam’s Campaign team. Zeeshan is supporting Adam from the day one despite two Pakistani candidates were in the race. Infact the Mian abubaqr is plying with Adam’s Campaign team to make Adam’s candidacy legitimate on Jan20th. Liberal Party forcely step back to Azim Rizvee from this race. Dispite infact he was the winning candidate. We should protest and fail their game of this pre planned rigged nomination. Abubaqr should stop making fool of the community. It is confirmed that Mian will also withdrawl his papers before or the day of the election in favour of parachuted candidate"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:09 pm 

That totally sounds like someone I would want to take seriously.

Not!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:12 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/amirnaeem1993/posts/219289622355606

https://www.facebook.com/amirnaeem1993/ ... 1372288431

Reading this scares the sh*t out of me. Are they brainwashed? Do they not read the negative stuff on who they support? To me, I don't think they give a crap about the community of Milton just THEIR community and what their candidate can do for them. What do you ppl see in this???

Matters little to me who wins the Liberal nomination because Lisa Raitt will decimate whomever runs against her in November's federal election. None of them are even in the same league as her.

Canadians everywhere have had a belly full of the Lieberals and their man-child leader, Mr. Dressup. The Conservatives will win big in the next federal election, even with the splitting of votes for Maxime Bernier, they will still get in with a minority government. So, in short my Lieberal friends, you're wasting your time and efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:24 pm 

Here's Quebec's contribution to Mr. Dressup's re-election campaign: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... tCBp3pnDkk

How's your French? I'm sure it's full of zingers, never see this on Anglo CBC, no way not ever.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:48 pm 

All Star wrote:
Greenjp wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/amirnaeem1993/posts/219289622355606

https://www.facebook.com/amirnaeem1993/ ... 1372288431

Reading this scares the sh*t out of me. Are they brainwashed? Do they not read the negative stuff on who they support? To me, I don't think they give a crap about the community of Milton just THEIR community and what their candidate can do for them. What do you ppl see in this???

Matters little to me who wins the Liberal nomination because Lisa Raitt will decimate whomever runs against her in November's federal election. None of them are even in the same league as her.

Canadians everywhere have had a belly full of the Lieberals and their man-child leader, Mr. Dressup. The Conservatives will win big in the next federal election, even with the splitting of votes for Maxime Bernier, they will still get in with a minority government. So, in short my Lieberal friends, you're wasting your time and efforts.

That’s fine, but better safe than sorry. No matter how you think the election will play out, it benefits everyone if we have stronger candidates on all sides, the losing one included.

As far as your right wing propaganda is concerned, I don’t think as many people are ready to flip sides as you think.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:49 pm 

So lots of brown people voting for Mian Abubaqr but also lots of white people there to vote for Adam as well. Got a thank you and a handshake from the man himself!
I think it’ll be close.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:29 pm 

I got a visit a little while ago, encouraging me to vote, as it is close. I had already voted though. If you are registered, and you haven't voted yet, please go out and vote.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:56 pm 

I was surprised how busy it was. Definitely seems to be a good turnout.

Anyone have an idea of the results? They should have them counted by now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:09 pm 

Milton Liberal Election result: Adam van Koeverden won nomination. 533 votes and Mian Abubaqr 173 votes only.

Thank you Hodor, you are our hero.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:12 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
Milton Liberal Election result: Adam van Koeverden won nomination. 533 votes and Mian Abubaqr 173 votes only.

Thank you Hodor, you are our hero.

Sounds like GreenJP is the one doing table dances now!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:50 pm 

It will be interesting to see how he fares against Raitt. The last election was fairly close (2000 votes) and that was against Rizvee! Plus Raitt had a much higher profile when the Conservatives were the government. She definitely has more election experience and a stronger association which should help her.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:23 pm 

sez Amir Naeem in his original Facebook post "Boycott Boycott"

"You know! Liberal membership list has been released and the total count is approximately 3600-3800."

So where'd the other 3000 Milton Liberals wander to? Raitt's camp?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:56 pm 

You mean something someone wrote on Facebook might not be real?

The total votes cast do seem a little low to me based on how many people were there today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next