HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:11 am 

Hey, just curious if anyone from here invested in Rivermill project in Cambridge by Mattamy. These lots were released approx. 1.5 years ago and now are going to be closing over the next few months. People were lining up like no tomorrow.
It would be interesting to see what happend to those since the market has cooled down now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:41 pm 

You were planning to move to Kitchener if not mistaken, did you move there for a bigger one?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:47 pm 

Carl wrote:
You were planning to move to Kitchener if not mistaken, did you move there for a bigger one?

Nop. That wasn't me buddy :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 pm 

I bought one phase 1, day 1 and the closing was August 2018. Most buyers there were investors, many houses currently for sale/lease. Current resale prices are at least 30% higher than what people paid back then. Some people seem to think it's closer to 40-50% though based on some ridiculous asking prices I'm seeing over there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:55 pm 

Kyle and Jay wrote:
I bought one phase 1, day 1 and the closing was August 2018. Most buyers there were investors, many houses currently for sale/lease. Current resale prices are at least 30% higher than what people paid back then. Some people seem to think it's closer to 40-50% though based on some ridiculous asking prices I'm seeing over there.

Dont want to know specifics but did you buy a town home or detached? How much is the rent for what sq ft? thx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:22 pm 

Rent for a 950sq ft two bedroom condo townhouse in the area is $1,400 a month.

newhome wrote:
Kyle and Jay wrote:

Dont want to know specifics but did you buy a town home or detached? How much is the rent for what sq ft? thx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:42 pm 

Gen wrote:
Rent for a 950sq ft two bedroom condo townhouse in the area is $1,400 a month.

newhome wrote:
Kyle and Jay wrote:

Nice. Not bad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:28 pm 

newhome wrote:
Kyle and Jay wrote:

Small detached 1700sqft, rented it out quickly for $1800/mo to a good tenant.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:24 pm 

Kyle and Jay wrote:
newhome wrote:
Kyle and Jay wrote:

Small detached 1700sqft, rented it out quickly for $1800/mo to a good tenant.

Nice. I got a 1600 sq ft detached with no neighbours at the back coming up soon. Lets see how much i can get for it. I am hoping $1900 plus water heater rental