HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:28 pm 

This is awesome news. I see swat type vehicles full of by-law officers cruising our streets, woman & children standing on the curb cheering as they drive by.

https://www.milton.ca/MeetingDocuments/ ... cement.pdf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:39 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
This is awesome news. I see swat type vehicles full of by-law officers cruising our streets, woman & children standing on the curb cheering as they drive by.

https://www.milton.ca/MeetingDocuments/ ... cement.pdf

I never thought voting for Robert Duvall would give me an erection, but here we are...

How do I apply?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:53 pm 

Somebody had to file a motion to politely request “enforcement” to proactively do their job?
What a town of clowns. I hope this flies and they get waaaaay carried away busting every infraction in sight.

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:39 am 

I'm good with the lawn / property maintenance portion. Trashy looking un-cut lawns detract from the entire neighbourhood.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:13 pm 

Looking forward to seeing some tow trucks working all night. Does Milton have a tow yard even?

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:22 pm 

Norts999 wrote:
Looking forward to seeing some tow trucks working all night. Does Milton have a tow yard even?

Back of Rad Bros. Just roll em down the hill.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:49 pm 

This news has made my day. It's about time for some serious enforcement to take place. Would this also include those who have paved over part of their front yard to allow for additional parking? Several houses on our street have done so over the last couple of years without any repercussion from the Town. I was always under the impression that was not allowed.

A very big thank you to Robert Duvall.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:55 am 

Hopefully now I won't have to stare at one of my neighbours vans/suvs that park in front of our house 24/7.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:59 am 

I hope the town doesn’t ticket themselves when the dandelions get too long. That would be embarrassing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:16 pm 

Hodor wrote:
I hope the town doesn’t ticket themselves when the dandelions get too long. That would be embarrassing.

^^^^^
Post. Of. The. Week.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:19 pm 

Lots of lawns infested with tall, thick weeds and tall, thin grass. I'm not a neighbour that call bylaw enforcement. However, if I was next to such a home I may speak to my neighbour as mice and other rodents like to hid, live and scurry in such settings. Mice then go from that to homes.

Surprised also to see some dilapidated homes in Milton; particularly those under 15 years old. I recall seeing one at corner of Thompson/Yates with official looking paper taped to glass on the front/side door.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 pm 

30 hrs ago I called parking enforcement about the guy with all 4 tires parked on his front lawn. No car in the driveway or garage. This has been happening for 2 weeks.
Right now, from my front window, I can see nothing done about that. A 2nd guy parked on his blvd facing into traffic and a 3rd fool parked on the wrong side of the street with a no parking sign blocking his passenger door.
It’s tough to be proud of Milton at the best of times.

-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:34 pm 

Lol. Now someone is parked at the stop sign. Literally, front tires on the white line.

-Randy-South Park

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:04 pm 

which street this is happening? Is it some type of court?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 am 

Norts999 wrote:
30 hrs ago I called parking enforcement about the guy with all 4 tires parked on his front lawn. No car in the driveway or garage. This has been happening for 2 weeks.
Right now, from my front window, I can see nothing done about that. A 2nd guy parked on his blvd facing into traffic and a 3rd fool parked on the wrong side of the street with a no parking sign blocking his passenger door.
It’s tough to be proud of Milton at the best of times.

Well when the town lets anyone do whatever they want - like build a giant illegal wall for example, what do you expect?

#neverforget

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story ... residents/