HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:08 am 

Where are all the hecklers when the Milton Mall makes the news?
You guys can't be watching the Leafs anymore

Paradise Commercial has acquired Milton Mall, a 300,000 sq. ft. underutilized property in the centre of the community.

“We are excited to announce the acquisition of Milton Mall, as well as our new partnership with Cushman Wakefield who will manage the operations and leasing,” said Tara Gollish, Senior Manager at Commercial Properties. “We look forward to enhancing Milton Mall, bringing in uses that will cater to Milton’s young, vibrant and growing community.”

The planned enhancements include more family-friendly uses such as daycare and kids play spaces, medical clinics as well as the much needed office space and co-working facilities. This investment in Milton will have great community benefits and revitalize the Milton Mall property as welcoming place for residents to enjoy.

“I am excited to see a plan to enhance the use of Milton Mall,” said Mayor Gord Krantz, “I would like to welcome Paradise Commercial to Milton, and look forward to seeing them become an important part of our growing community.”

For more updates on the enhancements or leasing opportunities, visit http://www.miltonmall.com

Attachments:
milton-leasing.png
milton-leasing.png [ 101.01 KiB | Viewed 4087 times ]

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:22 am 

Aka riding out / buying out the current leases before getting SPA to build condos.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:36 pm 

this mall is so dead,,i actaully thought they would tear it down and build condos

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:19 pm 

Yeah it's always been just a matter of time. I'm not sure where I'm going to go to get my Norther Reflection sweaters now.

Actually, I heard they're planning to put a Costco there.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:14 am 

Burrcold wrote:
Aka riding out / buying out the current leases before getting SPA to build condos.

Groundbreaking wrote:

No

If you read they plan to build more office space
Get ready for a huge influx of dentists, optometrists, pharmacists, etc

I find the idea of the "much needed" office space just depressing
Imagine working for a company who thinks its a good idea to work in the old mall every day (even if they do add the daycare downstairs)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 5:55 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Burrcold wrote:

Groundbreaking wrote:

No

If you read they plan to build more office space
Get ready for a huge influx of dentists, optometrists, pharmacists, etc

I find the idea of the "much needed" office space just depressing
Imagine working for a company who thinks its a good idea to work in the old mall every day (even if they do add the daycare downstairs)

Converting to office space is a temporary revenue engine since SPA for condos can take 3 to 5 years. They would be stupid to not build them on this land.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 12:21 pm 

Burrcold wrote:
Converting to office space is a temporary revenue engine since SPA for condos can take 3 to 5 years. They would be stupid to not build them on this land.

Has anything about the mall thus far given you the impression they were not stupid? :)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:12 pm 

I still think it's going to be a Costco.

Milton needs another pharmacist and another optometrist about as much as it needs another Starbucks.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:38 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Burrcold wrote:

Has anything about the mall thus far given you the impression they were not stupid? :)

It's new ownership now...hopefully they're not as dumb.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:48 pm 

The state of Milton Mall is such a shame. I remember when they did the addition where the food court is now and stores to the east. Huge news and the mall was always packed. They demolished the old Mueller brass factory and built what would become the superstore (now winners, etc) on that site, Nipissing Road was realigned so they could create a large parking lot. Zellers was expanded by about 30%. The mall even had a computer store selling the latest Amiga computers (where the Stitch-It now is) and they used to leave a system running in the window with the quintessential 3D bouncing ball screen saver all night long. There was an arcade (to keep the kids away from the 8-ball) and all the south-side exterior facing stores (Becker's, dry cleaners, etc) were removed to expand the interior spaces (BMO, Le Chateau) - The pancake house became a Don Cherry's (now Hand Healing and Global Pet). My dentist office was on the 2nd floor and my friend Barb worked at the coffee shop on the 1st floor where they kept a bottle of whiskey behind the counter to Irish up the drinks of the regular customers. The new food court was a draw for the kids from EC Drury high school as it served better food than the cafeteria. An overly aggressive security guard set the kids off one day and she caused what was claimed by many to be a "riot" at the mall. Good times. Watching the mall decay over the past 30+ years has been depressing. It was a focal point - a gathering place for the people. We didn't have the internet or social media to stay connected. Meet you at the mall was what we would say... but I guess that the real old-timers in Milton would reminisce about the days they used to meet in the evenings at the (only) street-light in town at Main & Martin. At least we didn't have to deal with the smell of the dog-food factory way out at the mall.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:15 pm 

^ Sounds like you should go visit the mall and walk around :wink: Maybe buy something :) For old times' sake.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:44 pm 

wow....did not know all is there from the past..thanks for sharing.....

i really dont know how this mall can be profitable,,same with the shoppers drug mart there....i guess both the mall and shoppers at Nippissing like to lose Money...

countrylivin wrote:
The state of Milton Mall is such a shame. I remember when they did the addition where the food court is now and stores to the east. Huge news and the mall was always packed. They demolished the old Mueller brass factory and built what would become the superstore (now winners, etc) on that site, Nipissing Road was realigned so they could create a large parking lot. Zellers was expanded by about 30%. The mall even had a computer store selling the latest Amiga computers (where the Stitch-It now is) and they used to leave a system running in the window with the quintessential 3D bouncing ball screen saver all night long. There was an arcade (to keep the kids away from the 8-ball) and all the south-side exterior facing stores (Becker's, dry cleaners, etc) were removed to expand the interior spaces (BMO, Le Chateau) - The pancake house became a Don Cherry's (now Hand Healing and Global Pet). My dentist office was on the 2nd floor and my friend Barb worked at the coffee shop on the 1st floor where they kept a bottle of whiskey behind the counter to Irish up the drinks of the regular customers. The new food court was a draw for the kids from EC Drury high school as it served better food than the cafeteria. An overly aggressive security guard set the kids off one day and she caused what was claimed by many to be a "riot" at the mall. Good times. Watching the mall decay over the past 30+ years has been depressing. It was a focal point - a gathering place for the people. We didn't have the internet or social media to stay connected. Meet you at the mall was what we would say... but I guess that the real old-timers in Milton would reminisce about the days they used to meet in the evenings at the (only) street-light in town at Main & Martin. At least we didn't have to deal with the smell of the dog-food factory way out at the mall.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:06 am 

A massive daycare has been proposed for Milton Mall
An outdoor playing area is also planned

https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story ... lton-mall/

The new owner of Milton Mall has filed an application to build a daycare in the facility.

The daycare will be part of a commercial structure to be added to the east part of the mall, which fronts Nipissing Road.

A preliminary drawing of the project shows that the daycare will cover an area of 11,150 square feet. In addition, there will be an outdoor play area of about 4,400 square feet. It will also feature seven parking spaces and three disabled parking spaces — specific for the daycare.

A zoning bylaw amendment will be required to allow a decrease in the minimum rear yard setback of the additional structure to 10.5 metres and 1.5 metres for the outdoor play area — as opposed to the required 12 metres.

Back in spring, the new management of Milton Mall said they’re hoping to make the shopping place “more of a community-based model” with plans to introduce daycare, kids' play facilities and more.

The proposal by Paradise Developments will be discussed at the town's committee of adjustment and consent meeting on Thursday, Oct. 24.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:34 am 

Thank you for sharing a piece of history !

countrylivin wrote: