It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:21 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwsn3twqwZ0

Title says it all

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:59 pm 

Sorry, no takers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:11 pm 

It's way more complicated than toxic, Minty.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... 8000018970
Quote:
Trudeau says he is 'deeply sorry' he appeared in brownface at school gala in 2001

Is this the topic that will rekindle the HV? Should be a wonderful 6 weeks for T2.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:21 am 

I went to a Halloween party once dressed as a Arab. I'm sure Justin pissed his pants when he was a little kid.....lets see if we can find pics of that to post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:11 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwsn3twqwZ0

Title says it all

this is from O'leary?!?! wow... same guy that was going to run for the PC's?!?!? no wonder he's saying that...

and to add.. i'm glad there wasn't any cell phone cameras when i was growing up...

and where is our pc lisa? i've not see her around or seen her posters up. she running again?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:12 pm 

Trudeau has brownface and blackface pics (so far 3 instances PLUS a VIDEO has surfaced)
Trudeau has sexually assaulted women

I mean seriously ... even if you do not give a flying F about his horrible biz policies and scandals can anyone seriously vote for this guy???

Greenjp wrote:
I went to a Halloween party once dressed as a Arab. I'm sure Justin pissed his pants when he was a little kid.....lets see if we can find pics of that to post.

Did you also sexually assault females?
Saying "he was young" is a laughable defence (to me personally 28 is NOT young but whatever floats your boat)

To be completely unbiased, Mulroney's kid is also an idiot but at least he went into tabloid tv

Global News video of Trudeau
https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/just ... ace-video/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:50 am 

you can tar me a string me up for saying this but think it was different times along with different mind sets...

i've watch "The Party" with peter sellers and laughed... that does make me a raciest? should we string up everyone associated with that movie up and call them out as being racist?

how about the TV show Kung Fu with David Carradine for playing an asian.. yellow skin...

so many ppl have done this and at that time it was ok. Times have changed now where it is now not ok do pull stuff like that but bring stuff up from the past when it might have been given a pass isn't right.

even to this day there are actors playing a different ethnic role and somehow this is acceptable but society still goes out, pays money to watch these movies. isn't that ironic where we condemn ppl like Trudeau but at the same time will go pay money to see the exact same thing saying that it's ok to do this?

not saying agreeing or disagreeing with what Trudeau has done.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:29 am 

denti wrote:
you can tar me a string me up for saying this but think it was different times along with different mind sets...

so many ppl have done this and at that time it was ok. Times have changed now where it is now not ok do pull stuff like that but bring stuff up from the past when it might have been given a pass isn't right.

Ya know thas wha my gran pappi said about dem folks back in da day

Wait.... when it was OK??? seriously? We aren't talking about the 1900s here, this is 2000+ these things happened
Ok bed check where are your pillow cases and white sheets?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:17 pm 

Context & intent....So is it OK for a costume party to dress up as a ethnic person if you don't change your skin color? If I dressed like Bob Marley, hair, clothes and accent that's fine but to darken my skin for the full effect I'm a racist? Am I mocking the man or paying him a tribute? Does that even matter to some ppl.....Context & intent. It won't be long before a white guy will be called a racist for wearing a hoodie.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:16 pm 

Trudeau said - "I'm sorry I did it but now WE know better".

:shock:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:22 pm 

Greenjp wrote:
Context & intent....So is it OK for a costume party to dress up as a ethnic person if you don't change your skin color? If I dressed like Bob Marley, hair, clothes and accent that's fine but to darken my skin for the full effect I'm a racist? Am I mocking the man or paying him a tribute? Does that even matter to some ppl.....Context & intent. It won't be long before a white guy will be called a racist for wearing a hoodie.

Um no wearing ethnic costumes has for decades been bad
Even local schools ban things like Pocohontas / Indians, India / Indians, etc
Most kids are not stupid enough to wear blackface for the social and physical beatings that would be administered by other students

Hopefully hoodie is not code for KKK but otherwise why else would it be racially insensitive?

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
Trudeau said - "I'm sorry I did it but now WE know better".

The revelation by Time Magazine this week that Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau appeared in brownface when he was 29 years old at the school where he was, perhaps appropriately, a drama teacher, and another incident in which he sang the Banana Boat song in blackface, has ricocheted around the world with predictable consternation at home and disbelief and mockery abroad.

There have been predictions aplenty that Trudeau’s already deeply troubled goal of winning a seat on the UN Security Council is dead. After all, 54 of the 193 UN votes for that coveted Security Council position are held by African nations with another 13 votes coming from the Caribbean.

There was, of course, the cringe-worthy song and dance routine that Trudeau performed in India in February 2018, where he used his wife, Sophie, and their children as props, and for some reason felt it necessary to bring along an Indian chef from Vancouver to feed his hosts in India. Rather lost in that frenzy, the Modi government was actually far more upset over Team Trudeau twice inviting a convicted Sikh terrorist to public events with the Canadian prime minister in India and his tolerance of what Delhi considered to be pro-Khalistan Sikhs in his entourage.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:14 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
Greenjp wrote:

Um no wearing ethnic costumes has for decades been bad
Even local schools ban things like Pocohontas / Indians, India / Indians, etc
Most kids are not stupid enough to wear blackface for the social and physical beatings that would be administered by other students

Hopefully hoodie is not code for KKK but otherwise why else would it be racially insensitive?

so by your argument, every halloween, any boy that isn't middle eastern that dresses up as Aladdin is racist. every boy that isn't asian that dresses up as a ninja is racist or taking it further, even if a boy is chinese he is being racist for wearing a ninja outfit as that's a japanese thing.

let's take this one step further.. anyone that isn't japanese that has japanese characters tattooed is racist? because by your arguement, anyone that displays anything of different race that isn't theirs is being racist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:49 pm 

This not about racism, it's about what this incident and all of the other incidents - known and yet known - display about this idiot's character. This brownface flap is a perfectly legitimate way to demonstrate his character and mindset. Is this what a Prime Minister of any government should look like? Is this stuff ok by the voter? We are 4 weeks away from finding out. I have never thought so, going right back to the beginning, when he came sliding down the bannister as the saviour of Canadian liberalism.

A good both barrels blast on this little twerp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1StXrRJbD4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:30 am 

denti wrote:
so by your argument, every halloween, any boy that isn't middle eastern that dresses up as Aladdin is racist. every boy that isn't asian that dresses up as a ninja is racist or taking it further, even if a boy is chinese he is being racist for wearing a ninja outfit as that's a japanese thing.

The term is culturally insensitive but yes you are displaying quite the racist vibe

Its not my argument there is plenty of literature on this matter and you can even enroll in sensitivity training through your workplace if you require further education

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:35 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:
denti wrote:

The term is culturally insensitive but yes you are displaying quite the racist vibe

Its not my argument there is plenty of literature on this matter and you can even enroll in sensitivity training through your workplace if you require further education

Please tell me what racist vibe i'm projecting

i'm not racist at all... and it is your argument when you bring it up as you obviously believe it so i would just like clarification on what you deem is racist or not racist. kids wearing costumes of other nationalities that not theirs racist or is it racist?

not sure what term i used that's culturally insensitive... golly, i get chastised for saying merry christmas... and i will continue to say merry christmas when it's christmas. don't care if it's insensitive or not