HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:14 pm 

The only thing that will get us out of this mess is a vaccine. Thank goodness they are on the way and by the end of 2021 we should be looking at this in the rear view mirror.

According to Dr. Mitch, on 1010 a couple weeks ago, the Maderna vaccine has been proven to be 94 percent effective with the other 6 percent only getting mild symptoms.

People who choose not to get a vaccine may face restrictions like not being able to fly. They may not be able to access large crowded venues or indoor public events.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7506576/not-receiving-coronavirus-vaccine-possible-restrictions

Edit - Announced today - people will be issued proof they received the vaccine which may be necessary to avoid some restrictions.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7508640/ontario-to-issue-proof-of-coronavirus-vaccine/

Only thing missing for me anyways - is the minimum $10,000. fine for morons who decide that a fake proof of vaccination document is a good idea.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:08 am 

I'd like to see them mandate vaccinations for nursing home workers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:50 pm 

Halton Home Inspector wrote:
Edit - Announced today - people will be issued proof they received the vaccine which may be necessary to avoid some restrictions.
Only thing missing for me anyways - is the minimum $10,000. fine for morons who decide that a fake proof of vaccination document is a good idea.

It is bordering on #FakeNews

The quote is from ELLIOTT but they put a picture of FORD up to convince you its legit

Tons of civil liberty groups & lawyers are already spouting off all the ways it would be illegal (violates privacy laws, violates charter & constitution, is an issue to minority groups, violates religious freedoms)

My *OPINION* is that these Covid passports (if they ever do exist) will be for travelers to cross border during the closures
You will never get one, much less have an opportunity to forge one

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:52 pm 

edandserena wrote:
I'd like to see them mandate vaccinations for nursing home workers.

lol sure thing Mein Fuhrer

There is no way in heck a Liberal led country would ever introduce mandatory vaccinations

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:06 pm 

Oh peps. Proof of vaccines is nothing new. My kids are well beyond school age but I believe kids still need proof of some vaccines in order to attend school.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:15 pm 

Oh peps. Proof of vaccines is nothing new. My kids are well beyond school age but I believe kids still need proof of some vaccines in order to attend school.

No actually they do not
You can refuse for a variety of reasons

And teachers / classmates / other parents / support staff are not allowed to know who is and who is not vaccinated

I am surprised you would even say that + having kids in school system

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:08 am 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:

No actually they do not

And teachers / classmates / other parents / support staff are not allowed to know who is and who is not vaccinated.

Relax peps.

It is true that you can be exempt for medical reasons or religious belief.

People can also be exempt "due to conscience" should you choose to believe the nonsense from the likes of Jenny McCarthy instead of almost every doctor on the planet.

The good news is that almost every parent has enough brain cells to realise that doctors are right and they do what is best for their kids. I would imagine that in each school there is only a handful of kids without up to date vaccines.

According to the government website -

"Children and adolescents attending primary or secondary school in Ontario must have proof of immunization against the following designated diseases:

Diphtheria
Tetanus
Polio
Measles
Mumps
Rubella
Meningococcal Disease
Pertussis (whooping cough)
Varicella (chickenpox) – for children born in 2010 or later."

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/immunization/ispa.aspx

The good news is that not everybody needs to be vaccinated to control covid BUT those who do not get the covid vaccine may not have access to everything.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:53 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:

No actually they do not

And teachers / classmates / other parents / support staff are not allowed to know who is and who is not vaccinated

Anti-vaxxers have to take a course now to get the exemption. I believe the goal of the course is to cure stupidity.

As for making the vaccine mandatory, there will likely be little reason to do so as more than enough people will get it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:08 am 

When compared with the seasonal flu, I think far more people will get the covid vaccine because covid is more deadly. According to CTV - "More Albertans have died from COVID in 10 months than in past 10 years of flu.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/more-albertans-have-died-from-covid-in-10-months-than-in-past-10-years-of-flu-1.5231406

At 94 percent, 100% effective with the other 6 percent only getting mild symptoms it should be a no brainer.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:36 pm 

When compared with the seasonal flu, I think far more people will get the covid vaccine because covid is more deadly. According to CTV - "More Albertans have died from COVID in 10 months than in past 10 years of flu.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/more-albertans-have-died-from-covid-in-10-months-than-in-past-10-years-of-flu-1.5231406

At 94 percent, 100% effective with the other 6 percent only getting mild symptoms it should be a no brainer.

*edited
Ok I misread the stats being quoted (based on CTVs very misleading chart)
They are only discussing critically ill patients who died of flu WHILE in hospitals

Rather misleading imo
Tons of Canadians die every year from flu / influenza / similar respiratory illnesses
But CTV does not count those who die at home or long term care homes, just those at hospital

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en ... 1310039401

Health Canada even issued an advisory to 30% of Canadians to NOT take the Covid vaccine already
https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 3a-eng.php

You really should distrust the news today; most of what they are quoting does not line up with reality as they insist on twisting and misleading stats

Last edited by Mr.Peppermint on Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:33 am 

^^ As per Alberta Health Service - between August 25, 2019 and May 2nd, 2020 they had ZERO deaths from the flu.
Their report for 2017/18 Influenza Season showed only 10 deaths.

See the bottom right corner of the charts for total deaths.

https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/influenza/Page14481.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:35 pm 

Mr.Peppermint wrote:

*edited
Ok I misread the stats being quoted (based on CTVs very misleading chart)
They are only discussing critically ill patients who died of flu WHILE in hospitals

Rather misleading imo
Tons of Canadians die every year from flu / influenza / similar respiratory illnesses
But CTV does not count those who die at home or long term care homes, just those at hospital

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en ... 1310039401

Health Canada even issued an advisory to 30% of Canadians to NOT take the Covid vaccine already
https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 3a-eng.php

You really should distrust the news today; most of what they are quoting does not line up with reality as they insist on twisting and misleading stats

30% of Canadians have serious allergies? Why have I not heard of that before? That sounds really serious and should be in the news. I'm glad we have your (alternative) reality to help set us straight.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:36 pm 

Groundbreaking wrote:
30% of Canadians have serious allergies? Why have I not heard of that before? That sounds really serious and should be in the news. I'm glad we have your (alternative) reality to help set us straight.

StatsCan for you
(I know you live in an alternate reality since everytime you doubt a stat I can just smack you right back down like this)

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/82- ... 83-eng.pdf

Also note that among those with allergies 63% also develop Asthma (you know, BREATHING problems... which is very relevant for all flu not just covid)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:18 am 

what's worrisome is the new strain. As time passes i suspect there will be more mutation of the Covid strain and will the vaccinations cover it?

It's almost like the flu vaccine where it's a hit or miss if they covered the mutations. Remember a few years ago where the Canadian government didn't get a certain flu vaccine and people got the flu even though they got the vaccine? Canadian were going to the US to get the flu vaccine as theirs had the particular strain covered.

How long will it take for the big pharma to come out with another vaccine to cover the new strains if the current doesn't cover it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:50 am 

A week ago Newstalk 1010"s Dr. Mitch, said that the vaccine should have no problem with the new strain of Covid. This was also confirmed this morning on 1010 by Dan Riskin who is their science correspondent. It is my understanding that most vaccines are made from the spike protein of the virus and not the virus itself. The spike protein attaches the virus to the body allowing the virus to reproduce.

"The spike protein is the focus of most COVID-19 vaccines as it is the part of the virus that enables it to enter our cells. Virus replication only happens inside cells, so blocking entry prevents more virus being made. If a person has antibodies that can recognise the spike protein, this should stop the virus in its tracks."

https://theconversation.com/covid-vaccines-focus-on-the-spike-protein-but-heres-another-target-150315