HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:09 pm 

JTP wrote:
Jenniferk wrote:
Does anyone know if the class lists have been posted at TJS yet?

Looks like they've pushed the class lists back to Sept 1 now. Nice

I got an e-mail earlier today that said they would be posted on the window and on their web site after 3pm tomorrow. Where are they saying the 1st?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:01 pm 

It is so sad that they need to wait until after the office staff leave on Friday to post the lists. Parents need to chill, and not get angry with the office staff if their kids are not in a class with their friends.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:01 pm 

Any news on Milton #8 school (Farmstead & Ruhl)?
When will the school start be built?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:23 am 

Hi Apple

Understand the Halton District School Board is still awaiting funding approval from the Province who approves funding for new schools.

Once the funding is approved, the design work which is already in progress can be completed and the building permit approved which I have requested staff to expedite for a possible winter start and possible later fall 2013 opening.

Check http://www.hdsb.ca or your local trustee for more information.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Wards 2,3,4,5 North of Derry road.
Chair Milton Administration & Planning Committee.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:30 pm 

Thanks Colin.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:52 am 

Azhar, unless your child is in a special program or self contained class, then you should be okay just to register at the school closest to your new home. It's best to give the school a call first, to verify that you are within their boundaries, and to ask their advice how to proceed. If your son currently has a teaching assistant the school needs to know this. That way they can have a plan in plan in place to help him with his arrival. I'm not sure what resources are available, but I know they are out there, so be sure to ask the school about that too when you call.

Post subject: Public school - Phase7
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:02 pm 

Hello Neighbours,

Mattamy guys said in their last university seminar that P.L. Robertson likely to be a home school for kids. But halton school board site is saying something different. GR-1 to GR-7 kids will go to E.C Drury school which is 4.5 km far from Phase 7 houses. Does any one know if there will be a school bus available from the day one for people closing in January 2013?

http://schoollocator.hdsb.ca/

Is this a temporary solution until new school #8 is ready near Milton hospital? Even though that school #8 is not in a walking distance from Phase7 because of railway track.

Thanks,
RB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:06 am 

Hi Spirit,
Due to overcrowding at P.L. Robertson, the school board has created a satellite school at the old EC Drury site. This is meant to be temporary until funding is received from the Ministry of Education to build the new school south of the hospital. Mayor Krantz, Chair Carr, myself and a large group of Town Councillors met with the Deputy Minister in August, reiterating the pressing need for this school. At the Board, we have been told that we might hear an announcement this fall, but it hasn't happened yet. we will keep pushing until we get this school.
If you move in and are designated to attend the satellite school at EC Drury, you would receive bussing.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Donna
daniellid@hdsb.ca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:09 pm 

The town, shcool trustee and the Halton school board all mentioned that no fund available from the Ontario Ministry of Education to build the #8 school.

While the Ministry said it is Halton school board's responsibility to build schools.

So we are stuck.

Below is the reply I received from Ministry of Education after I asked why they don't fund Milton #8 School.

"In Ontario, publicly funded elementary and secondary schools are administered by district school boards. School boards are responsible for building new schools, establishing school boundaries and for registration. Please contact the school boards serving your area with your inquiry. "

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:21 am 

LOL, I think someone from ministry might have an idea to use velodrome as a school #8 since it is going to be useless for sure after the event.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:39 am 

That's not good.
Schoold (#8) should be built before velodrome. What's more important? Education!!!
Education is not something can be wait, we need the neighborhood shcool built as soon as possible.

Who can help us on getting Milton #8 School? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:34 pm 

I'd ask Donna Danielli, one of Milton's School Trustees as she'd be one of the first to know when funding does come through from the province to go ahead with construction of #8 and she'd also be the point of contact for local council on this issue as well. It could be the board just getting all their ducks in a row to be able to get it the school built as quickly as possible once funding does come through.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:16 pm 

Hi

We are now in TDSB. Will be moving to Milton in April. Can anybody shed some light to me how the transfer procedure is done. What should I do?

Thx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:14 am 

Just call the school your kids will be going to and they will help you out. If you don't know which school, call the halton district school board office and they will tell you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:00 am 

Thank you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next