HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:41 am 
Donna, I think you need to comment more on this, perhaps a new thread in the general section. People seem to be uneducated or ignorant about what will be going on at EC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 pm 

In fact the IB program is also offered in Georgetown too. One thing to note is that if you wish your child to attend an IB program, it is your responsibility to get them there, there is no busing provided by HDSB (unless your child is identified as gifted, in which case it is possible for them to attend the IB program in Georgetown).

It takes a minimum of 3 years for a NEW school to be eligible to offer the IB program, and HDSB is not keen to bring one to Milton as it "costs too much". Guess we don't want smart kids in Milton!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:13 am 

I guess technically there are 3 schools in Halton that provide the IB program - White Oaks in Oakville, Georgetown District HS, and Robert Bateman High School in Burlington. My apologies - I assumed that White Oaks was where eligible kids from Milton went. I didn't know they could pick schools.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:54 pm 

The IB programme is also offered at St Thomas Aquinas in Oakville.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:51 pm 

Just wondering if anyone knows where i can find the website for milton public school #8. I visited the site earlier this summer, but now it seems like it doesn't exist?
Cant find any info on the temporary school site at EC Drury. The website was very informative.can anyone help?
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:38 pm 

Hi mkt

The Halton District School Board website is www.hdsb.ca where you can find the information under Milton area school boundaries or find a school for your neighbourhood. There will not be much on Milton #8 on Farmstead Drive as it has not received PROVINCIAL funding yet. Students from the future Milton #8 area will be attending E.C. Drury elementary school (or a new school name depending on a board decision) starting in September. Check the website and the Board office at 905-335-3663 for more information.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Wards 2,3,4,5 North of Derry road.
Milton/Halton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:55 pm 

Thanks Colin
The new principal, Robert Hamilton, sent out phone messages, and newsletters with the schools new website. (www.mts.hdsb.ca)
The school website had all the info for drop off entrances, school breaks, etc.
If any other parent have the link, please can you post.
There is no info on the the temporary site on the Halton, District School Broard site.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:55 am 

Hello everyone interested in Milton area schools.

Just back from the AMO (Association of Municipalities of Ontario) conference where all the councillors, Mayor, Regional Chair and Donna Danielli the trustee for the area north of Derry met with both the Minister of Infrastructure and deputy minister of Education and highlighted our concerns over the delays in new schools and the need for a more proactive approach. The minister's indicated they understood the concerns and may have some good news soon. Will be posting more information in the general forum soon.

Colin Best
Milton/Halton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:56 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to update everyone on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario conference which ended yesterday. I think the conference was good in that our Halton regional chair, Chair Carr, Mayor Krantz, Donna Danielli one of our school trustees, as well myself and other councillors emphasized our school shortage when we met with the Deputy Minister George Zegarac. I think the meeting went well, and I think it was very important that we explained it to them in person, and emphasize the severity and inconvenience of the situation to parents and children. The Deputy Minister said the province may have good news for us soon in the way of new school construction, which I am hoping we get this year. I will keep working with other stakeholders including our school trustees, councillors and parents while stressing the urgency to the province to address this issue until it is resolved (as I mentioned hopefully this year).

Thank You,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Local & Regional Councillor
Wards 1,6,7 and 8
http://www.tony-lambert.ca
email: tony.lambert@milton.ca
Cell: 647 220 9728

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:32 pm 

At 5:55 am, Aug 23, Colin writes:

colin b. wrote:

Just back from the AMO (Association of Municipalities of Ontario) conference where all the councillors, Mayor, Regional Chair and Donna Danielli the trustee for the area north of Derry met with both the Minister of Infrastructure and deputy minister of Education and highlighted our concerns over the delays in new schools and the need for a more proactive approach. The minister's indicated they understood the concerns and may have some good news soon. Will be posting more information in the general forum soon.

Colin Best
Milton/Halton

At 12:56 pm, Aug. 23, Tony writes:

Tony Lambert wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to update everyone on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario conference which ended yesterday. I think the conference was good in that our Halton regional chair, Chair Carr, Mayor Krantz, Donna Danielli one of our school trustees, as well myself and other councillors emphasized our school shortage when we met with the Deputy Minister George Zegarac. I think the meeting went well, and I think it was very important that we explained it to them in person, and emphasize the severity and inconvenience of the situation to parents and children. The Deputy Minister said the province may have good news for us soon in the way of new school construction, which I am hoping we get this year. I will keep working with other stakeholders including our school trustees, councillors and parents while stressing the urgency to the province to address this issue until it is resolved (as I mentioned hopefully this year).

Thank You,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8

Other than using extra words, what additional information did we get from Tony's post? He could have saved himself time and just said "Read Colin's note" or "What he said!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:25 am 

rickp wrote:
At 5:55 am, Aug 23, Colin writes:

colin b. wrote:

Colin Best
Milton/Halton

At 12:56 pm, Aug. 23, Tony writes:

Tony Lambert wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thank You,
Tony

Tony Lambert
Wards 1,6,7 and 8

Other than using extra words, what additional information did we get from Tony's post? He could have saved himself time and just said "Read Colin's note" or "What he said!"

+1 FTW. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:16 pm 

Ah yes, Pirate Parrot Tony in action!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:40 am 

http://www.insidehalton.com/news/news/article/1493198

In case you havent read the Champion online yet, Julia has a good recap of some of the events from AMO this year.

Website | Email mike@mikecluett.ca | Cell (647) 888-9032 | Facebook Page | | Twitter @Mike_Cluett

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:41 am 

Does anyone know if the class lists have been posted at TJS yet?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:59 pm 

Jenniferk wrote:
Does anyone know if the class lists have been posted at TJS yet?

Looks like they've pushed the class lists back to Sept 1 now. Nice

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next