HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:00 pm 

Carrie and Jeff wrote:
Residential streets are not required to be plowed clean right down to the pavement. Even in Mississauga I live on a residential street that is not plowed very well...they do the top layer just to flatten the snow so it's not too deep. All minicipalites you will find the same rule applies. All major routes are totally cleaned while the small residential routes are not. Complaining to the town will get you nowhere! Take a look at this site and it will tell you!

http://www.milton.ca/engserv/SnowClearingChart-Roads.pdf

The plow crew have just shown up. A little late but my complaining did some good for the people in my neighbourhood.

Just asumming things and doing nothing will never take us anymore. As citizens we must stand up and fight for our rights. Especially if we are paying for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:18 pm 

I live on Cartwright and just wanted to say how disgusted I am at how the town plowed my street. The road is horrible, the blade barely touched the ground and there are tons of uneven snow mounds on the road.

Its ridiculus trying to drive on the street. My other pet peeve comes at people who park their cars on the road making it even harder for a snowplow to do their jobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:44 pm 

WOW, we got our street cleared 2ce already and garbage picked up.... if only the recycle ppl would show up....wishing too much since they don't show up even on days with very good weather :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:05 pm 

Thanks to the above 0 temp of yesterday and -10 of today Bessy/Hood and other side streets are now ice rinks because the town never really plowed them, trying to get a hold of someone to at least come and add some salt and sand, it just never ends :roll:

If you park your cars on the roadside, good luck with someone gliding into you :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:59 pm 

Eeek I was just about to ask how the roads are looking today after the temp drop but now I have my answer. In addition to the smaller roads being ice rinks, I'm willing to bet that Hepburn is a complete disaster. As of last night it was in real shit-tastic shape with the high mounds of slush-snow. And so bumpy! Someone compared driving down Hepburn to offroading, and that's exactly how it felt. I bet thats all frozen now so look out. I'm heading out soon so hopefully I don't get stuck on that little hump at Philbrook - you know that teeny tiny bump that seems like a mountain when it's icy. My tires don't like that bump. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:15 pm 

Please email the following individuals if the streets are not being plowed even once after snow storm.

The Town is not making any progress on this issue.

I have already called and sent emails.

barry@barrylee.ca (Counillar for Ward 1 & 3 - new subdivisions south of Derry)

ted.chudleigh@pc.ola.org ( MPP for Halton)

Emailing MPP is important since 60% of our Property taxes are taken away by the Province.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:13 pm 

JASMIN wrote:
Have the B. Lee and T. Chudleigh offices returned your emails? Last time, I contacted them re other issues, and didn't hear a peep back.

Why do we keep voting these clowns in office ? :x

They are public servants and they should respond citizens problem.

If we all get united in raising the issues, they will for sure return our calls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am 

I did receive a call from Barry Lee. He told me that the Town is aware of the problem and it is being addressed.

Please to call him at 519.824.0679 and let him know your thoughts.

If more people call, this issue will be resolved soon.

I will keep him posted of the progress.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 pm 

MP wrote:
This issue is discussed in other threads on this board. Seems not alot of people are really concerned about the lack of care and attention to our roads and sidewalks. Do you think as the Town continues to grow, the level of service will improve? I think the Town's policy its quite clear by now, regardless of what its says on its web site. Oh well.........

Remember this?
Let’s give credit where credit is due. 10 yrs later, Town has nullified these posts. Well done road crews!

No, no. You know who was right all along? The Mongolians. They knew that you just can't wall yourself off from the outside world. Putting walls up never helps anything. Tearing them down brings us together.
-Randy-South Park

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:47 pm 

Norts999 wrote:
MP wrote:
This issue is discussed in other threads on this board. Seems not alot of people are really concerned about the lack of care and attention to our roads and sidewalks. Do you think as the Town continues to grow, the level of service will improve? I think the Town's policy its quite clear by now, regardless of what its says on its web site. Oh well.........

Remember this?
Let’s give credit where credit is due. 10 yrs later, Town has nullified these posts. Well done road crews!

BLUE CHIP IS THE BEST!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:22 pm 

https://www.milton.ca/en/live/wintermaintenancefaqs.asp

Quote:
It is important to remember that the Town's first priority is keeping the main roads clear. The Town begins snow-clearing operations in a priority sequence, beginning with regional roads, arterial and collector roads. Residential roads are not plowed until 10cm of snow accumulation has occurred. If a residential road with at least 10 cm of snow has not been cleared within 24 hours after the snow event has stopped, residents can call the Town of Milton's Snow Control Services in one of the ways listed on the left of this page.

Yep, this is what happened, they're getting good at this. We got our honking huge windrow about 5pm, if our street got cleared then they must all be done, we are always last I think.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:15 pm 

I thought our town did a great job the past two storms clearing the roads.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:30 pm 

You need ice skates to get down most of the roads around me. It's definitely a lot easier to play road hockey now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:24 pm 

^^ Same, extremely dangerous since Wednesday. Some time this aft we had salt/grit dropped finally.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:40 am 

B&T402 wrote:
^^ Same, extremely dangerous since Wednesday. Some time this aft we had salt/grit dropped finally.

“Extremely Dangerous”

No, it’s not.