HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:49 am 

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you too, rino! And to everyone in 15C. Our phase looks beautiful with all the Christmas lights up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:48 pm 

Andy did a favour for us and came in on Tuesday with very little notice. There weren't as many things this time around as there was on our 30-day, but he did definitely find things that were quite concerning. We're pretty disappointed.

Good luck with your inspection!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 am 

mars wrote:
Andy did a favour for us and came in on Tuesday with very little notice. There weren't as many things this time around as there was on our 30-day, but he did definitely find things that were quite concerning. We're pretty disappointed.

Good luck with your inspection!

Please share if you may.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 am 

Rick has declared that he'll be running for local councillor position for ward 7 (our ward). Two candidates have registered their nominations from our ward, so far. Latest list can be viewed at:

http://www.milton.ca/execserv/election2010/Registered_Candidates.pdf

I am supporting and cheering up for Rick. Who are you folks cheering for?

Regards,
-Riaz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 pm 

Haven't been on in a while. Every time I check the thread out, I have hundreds of posts to read. As I get through them I very often lose my session and all the posts that I haven't read yet get marked as read. :(

mtown, I just noticed in another thread that you just had another baby! Congrats!

What's new with everyone else? Nothing's too exciting with us...I pulled some weeds out of the garden the other day.

We're excited to see that the pipeline finally has a path. We've taken a couple leisurely strolls through it already. I'm assuming that they'll be doing the second driveway coat soon...seeing as how they've fixed the sidewalks and curbs. I LOVE THE TREES! Our little court off of Yates is becoming more like a neighbourhood as time flies by!

How 'bout having this block party we were so excited to have last year but didn't?!?!? Anyone?

Post subject: Re: Lot 1 -- Phase 15C
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:48 am 

I've seen that many have started with their frontlawn gardening and we already have our trees in front. But with the weeds on the wide open space along Yates....Ughhhhh......what an eyesore! :( :( :(

If they (City? Mattamy?) has no timeline yet, maybe they should be utilizing that space as a "greenbelt" or something (hopefully not just weeds).

Any suggestions whom we can write about it? It will probably not be a bad idea if each of us can send them one. :-)

Thanks, Kelly, for bring it up.

KellyOnKelman wrote:
Hi everyone:

It's Kelly from Lot 1 -- right beside the mess of weeds at Kelman and Yates. I'm a little late joining the thread, but better late than never.

My husband is Chaba. We both currently work in telecom (Allstream). I am also an ESL teacher and soon-to-be full-time B. Ed student.

Has anyone heard anything recently about the future of our weed fields at Kelman and Yates? All I know is that they won't be building anything in those lots until the chicken farm goes away. Nobody seems to know anything of the timeline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:36 am 

Thanks for the update, mzzy

That's a relief! :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:57 pm 

I think I would rather look at the weeds then a pile of dirt! It is difficult to enjoy the summer breeze with your windows open knowing that all this dust is blowing in with the breeze. I heard that the farm(Sargent Farms) don't plan on moving anytime soon, they certainly don't need the money! Did anyone get any info from Mattamy or the City regarding timeframe? Can that pile of dirt look that way for 5 to 10 years?

Post subject: Putting up fences in 15C
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:58 pm 

I asked Mattamy if it's already OK to put up fences and I got the following reply. I thought of sharing this to those in the forum.

No, the city did not inspect the area, the grading department from Mattamy is supposed to inspect ph 15c and 16A end of September beginning of October, not a set scheduled date, keeps on changing due to weather, it's up to the h/o if wants to put up a fence
please keep in mind if a problem is found with the area, it may not pass inspection and it's the h/o responsibility to put the fence back up.

If you have any other questions feel free to contact us any time
thank you and have a great week end

---from csr_milton@mattamycorp.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:51 pm 

Hi kmac

I spoke with Mattamy officials a few weeks ago regarding the Mattamy/Sargent lands (see attached link Figure 1) and they stated that they wanted to finish the Vista and Village on the park area first before they finalize their application on this property and move the farm operation. Hopefully with the opening of Louis St. Laurent Blvd. to Regional Road #25 sometime in June will complete this work.

http://www.milton.ca/execserv/agendas20 ... Report.pdf

Will be posting information on any reports regarding this area in the general section of the villager along with Councillor Di Lorenzo's ward information.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Wards 2,3,4,5 North of Derry road.
Chair of the Milton Administration & Planning Committee
Milton/Halton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:58 pm 

Thanks, Colin, for the scoop.

I was reading the PDF link you sent and page 11 of the report (Planning and Development Comments) reads "Those portions of Phase 15C that are within the area of influence, generally the residential blocks immediately east of Yates Drive, are identified as "residential reserves" on the draft plan and will remain zoned Future Development (FD) for the time the poultry operaton is in existence."

I'm not quite sure what that means.

I believe they are referring to vacant portions of land east of Yates (at the corners of Kelman Court) where weeds had grown for quite some time until Mattamy decided to cut them out (probably back to some dusty area for summer?).

Would you know what will happen to that portion of the neighborhood this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:52 am 

Hi Daniels

The distance seperation is a provincial regulation which requires a minimum distance between farm operations and other residential dwellings depending on the type and size of operation and animals involved. ie. cows, chickens, horses etc.

I understand from Mattamy officials that they will be doing some clean up of the area this spring and possibly making applications later this year for 2012/13 construction depending on the market. With the opening of the Louis St. Laurent Blvd. section between Yates Blvd. and Regional road #25. I expect more work will be done soon.

Will be working with Rick di Lorenzo your local Ward 7 councillor to get this work done as I hope to have all the neighbourhoods north of Louis St. Laurent Blvd. completed before any work starts in the Boyne Survey south of Louis St. Laurent Blvd.

Colin Best
Local & regional councillor
Wards 2,3,4,5 North of Derry road.
Chair Milton Administration & Planning committee
Member Halton Agricultural Advisory Committee
Milton/Halton

Post subject: Fence
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:44 am 

Hi mzzy,

I asked Mattamy (csr_milton@mattamycorp.com) when our area will be certified so we can put up a fence. They said that it will be done this summer.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:41 am 

After 2 months I asked again Mattamy Customer Service yesterday if the area has been certified to we can put up a fence. Marissa forwared me the response from Mattamy's grading dep't (Clemen Frankovic):

"We will be starting grading repairs in one to two weeks. Tell home owner to hold on just a little bit."

Post subject: Re: Anyone in Phase 15C?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:45 am 

Yup noticed it every time we went out last week. Wonder if anything changed. Anyone know?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28