HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:42 am 

Hey where did you guys get your invite and $100.00 voucher. We haven't received anything yet.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:55 am 

Like Sandc we got it through mail.you must call Mattamy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:08 pm 

Ah, this could be the problem! My wife and I have gotten into a bad habit of only picking up a couple of times a week. Thanks for the info all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 pm 

Hey Guys

Thanks for the heads up. We received our $100.00 voucher and the invite in the mail. Hope to see you all there! I'll be the zombie who got off a night shift at 06:00 that morning. :D

Ciao!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:19 am 

Hey has anyone else noticed all the 'no parking' signs on our street. They cover the whole round-about part of the cul-de-sac, and the entire north side of the street, and all of Knees Point. So the only place you can legally park is the south side of Chuchmach between Tomnjerry's house, and Leger Way. With half of us only having one-car driveways (the half with the 'no parking' signs, ironically), does anyone think this is going to become a problem? It's probably a fire-access thing, and I'm all for not having the street littered with cars... but where will our guests park?

Looking foward to tomorrow! I'm hoping to get a couple shrubs for our back yard. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:52 pm 

Did everyone get the letter at your door today? 3 hour parking is lifted till the middle of September as they are fixing the curbs. I am glad I do not have a sewer in front of my house because they are ripping up some of the grass too :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:34 pm 

Woo Hoo, our mail boxes have finally moved to the our street. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:57 pm 

Hey guys,

How is everyone enjoying their summer?

Just wanted to let you know I saw parking enforcement on our street today and gave someone a ticket for parking on the wrong side of the road. Just a reminder to watch where you park.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:18 am 

Hey guys has anyone lost a blue box? We have our two and this morning, Wednesday morning I found a third on my porch. Anyway I left the third one at the end of the drive way. Hope everyone is having a great summer. PEACE!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:52 pm 

MandT wrote:
Hey guys,

How is everyone enjoying their summer?

Just wanted to let you know I saw parking enforcement on our street today and gave someone a ticket for parking on the wrong side of the road. Just a reminder to watch where you park.

Funny story. Today my hubby parked by the one sign near tomnjerry's house that says you can park there, for maaaybe 10 minutes while he ran in and changed. And he got a parking ticket. It's like they hide in the bushes and wait for people, or someone keeps calling them. Either way we're taking a pic of the sign and bringing it in. There are other signs that say 'no parking' in that cul-de-sac, but he was parked by the one that says you can. I agree with parking by-laws for the most part (fire access and all that), but that's just silly!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:15 am 

I got a ticket early on, before we even had curbs. I parked in the court one night and bam! There the ticket was.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:06 pm 

I feel your pain - I got a ticket back then too. I swear they hide behind the piles of construction debris and wait to pick people off. Though I stopped by the town engineering department today to ask about the ticket. They looked into it, and voided it! Win! Apparently they've asked Mattamy to change that sign so that there's no parking anywhere on the 'bulb' (as they called it), but since they haven't they shouldn't be ticketing there... yet..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:09 pm 

I find it dumb that nobody can park in the "bulb". What do we need such a big "bulb" for? Is that the designated transport U turn area? LOL!

Anyway on a positive note I am hoping the rightful owner got their blue box back. I put it at the end of the driveway to with a note but there were not takers so I put it over near the mailbox. Just noticed on my way home from work that it was gone. RECYCLE POWER!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:47 am 

Hope all had a good long weekend!!
This am saw the Milton transit in our area. So finally we have public transit accessibility!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:11 pm 

Hey neighbours! I have a couple of questions for ya.

Those of you on the south side of the street that have finished your fences (or can see the finished fences) - are you happy with the company you used? We'll be doing ours in the spring, hopefully, but it's never too early to start thinking about it.

And a more topical question - how many kids are y'all preparing for on Halloween? My last house was in a mature neighbourhood, so we never really got very many trick-or-treaters. Do you think we'll get a bunch?

Thanks!
J

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next