HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:23 am 

I also got espresso cabinets, but they're not installed yet ... this is so disappointing to hear... hopefully this is an issue that will be fixed ... keep us posted on your progress with the builder and supplier

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:06 pm 

badboy09 wrote:
Hey Vista 6 neighbors, has anyone of you guys got quartz counter top from Mattamy? Did you check how thick is the slab? 2cm or 3cm? Thanks.

Mine are around 3cm (just over an inch). The design booklet never said what the thickness should be but for me, it looks great.

BTW, has anyone decided on replacing the glass inserts on their front door? There was a guy that knocked on my front door working for "Rocky" and charged $350 per window if they are the iron inserts ... any suggestions?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:20 pm 

CoffeeJune wrote:
badboy09 wrote:
Hey Vista 6 neighbors, has anyone of you guys got quartz counter top from Mattamy? Did you check how thick is the slab? 2cm or 3cm? Thanks.

Mine are around 3cm (just over an inch). The design booklet never said what the thickness should be but for me, it looks great.

BTW, has anyone decided on replacing the glass inserts on their front door? There was a guy that knocked on my front door working for "Rocky" and charged $350 per window if they are the iron inserts ... any suggestions?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45485&p=382987&hilit=framon#p382987

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 pm 

Greg and Sabrina wrote:
CoffeeJune wrote:
badboy09 wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=45485&p=382987&hilit=framon#p382987

Thank you! Will check them out.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:00 pm 

Hello neighbours ... I've heard a few times on this site that Cogeco and Bell are offering special promotions for those connecting services in new subdivisions ... is this true? and if so, does anyone know what Bell is offering? When I call them they seem to be giving me the run-around from one department to the next, that says one thing or another ... but I'm not getting any info regarding this new home setup/promotion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:09 pm 

It is true. Both of them offer 3 months free for all services (TV, internet and phone).

N and S wrote:
Hello neighbours ... I've heard a few times on this site that Cogeco and Bell are offering special promotions for those connecting services in new subdivisions ... is this true? and if so, does anyone know what Bell is offering? When I call them they seem to be giving me the run-around from one department to the next, that says one thing or another ... but I'm not getting any info regarding this new home setup/promotion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:55 pm 

Thanks badboy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:59 am 

We moved in a few weeks ago and it’s been good meeting many of the neighbours. Look forward to meeting more as everyone settles in.

Helpful hint if you’re looking for recycling containers. Contact http://www.halton.ca/cms/One.aspx?portalId=8310&pageId=9105 and you can either pick up or they will drop them off at your house.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:30 am 

Good Morning Neighbours! ... I'm shopping around for alarm companies (so far Reliance and ADT), and I'm curious to know what company my neighbours are using ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 pm 

Hi Wettlaufer's,
Does anyone want to open this thread up to the Heathwood's next to you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:51 am 

2min wrote:
Hi Wettlaufer's,
Does anyone want to open this thread up to the Heathwood's next to you?

Neighbours are welcome.

Joe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:55 am 

N and S wrote:
Good Morning Neighbours! ... I'm shopping around for alarm companies (so far Reliance and ADT), and I'm curious to know what company my neighbours are using ...

Hi Nadine, we went through Mattamy for the system. Monitoring was Reliance in the purchase then they switched to API security monitoring before possession.

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:55 am 

citrix32 wrote:

PDI Tips/Suggestions:
....?

Sure,

during the PDI, DO NOT worry about things like insulation, duct-work, structure, etc,. These things can all be evaluated after you take possession.

NEVER do a "home inspection" during the PDI.

You need to focus on cosmetic issues and make sure you got all your upgrades.

Check for damage, dents, cracks, chips, etc. to walls, floors, ceilings, cabinets, cabinet doors, counters, toilets, tubs, windows, etc.

Carefully inspect hardwood floors for cupping, crowning, scratches, chips, finish, etc. These issues MUST be identified during the PDI.

Carefully inspect carpet seams if they look poor. For info on this and other similar issues review Tarions, Construction Performance Guidelines ( CPG ) for the rules.

Your PDI should not be rushed and Tarion suggests to builders that they spend 1 hour for every 1000 square feet of home.

Also inspect your furnace for damage or dents as this would be unacceptable.

Don't take kids if there is any chance that they may distract you, but do take a flashlight, a small clean damp cloth to wipe areas that need to be scrutinized. If you are up to it, then take an outlet tester to check that outlets are not loose or miswired.

Inspect exterior doors and your garage door for any damage or dents. If after you move, you notice damage to these doors, then it is not covered.

Use your hands to feel for scratches and paint splatter on counters and tubs that may otherwise go unnoticed.

Back to hardwood - It is vital that you read and understand the CPG's re hardwood issues, especially at this time of year when your hardwood may have been installed during hot humid weather and is likely to warp. Do not accept excuses about hardwood issues like, "those boards will flatten out" etc. A straight edge across the boards should not reveal voids at the boards. If the edges of the boards are high that is called "cupping", if the center of the board is high this is called "crowning". Either issue is unacceptable in a new home and the boards may or may not flatten out.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:54 am 

Hi Neighbours, while it has been nice to see everyone helping each other out in the wake of this storm, our street till now has yet to be ploughed. I just contacted the city and recommend that others do the same to help expedite the street clearing. A few on the north side of Wettlaufer did the same and their side was cleared last night.

City Links: http://www.milton.ca/en/live/snowremoval.asp

(vm is full, but can send emails)

Joe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:10 pm 

Hey Vista 6 neighbors, just asked Mattamy about the grading certification for our street. They said the grading of vista 6 should be certified around June or July. Anyone will be interested to put fence up? :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next