HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: some DC answers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:19 am 

xony wrote:
Hi guys, as previous owners with Mattamy I really need your help here,
I sent some questions to the DC consultant and got these replies (in red),
Can you please tell me if that's normal, and advise me what to do.
thanks

1- How much is deleting the knew wall and making rail instead? Can we do that on only one side (the one alongside the stairs)? Price depends on which handrail & picket you go with but to give you a base price if you stay with the standard, it’s $582 + $1,273 = $1,855 – no, we don’t recommend you only do one side

Which model did you buy? This is a pretty standard response. There are different options for the rails and pickets, some are more expensive, so the cost will depend on that.

2- How much to delete bulkheads in kitchen and living/dining area? (we are looking to have stacked cabinet, that's why) Unfortunately, I am unable to delete the bulkhead as there is mechanical/duct work running up there – there is no option to change that, therefore stacked uppers are not an option

Some models do not allow for deleted bulkheads. I experienced this in my second Mattamy (I am on my 4th). They were unable to delete bulkheads, but they did manage to recess them so we could at least get the crown molding. I doubt there is anything you can do here.

3- Does the patio sliding door has a screen (grills)? or we have to order? Sliding screen - Yes! Grills have to be ordered separately $222 (but for looks only – not for security)

All patio sliding doors come with a screen door. The grills are an added cost and they are only for show. Not sure that security is what you were going for here.

4- What is Alt kitchen? the only difference I can see from the drawings is adding vertical cabinet beside the wall at the Fridge place. Does that take from the fridge space? Anything else I'm missing in the Alt Kitchen? You didn’t order this option from the Sales Office so this doesn’t apply to you. You have the Standard Kitchen layout

This was to be ordered from the sales centre within 5 days of your purchase. You should have had an appointment to select structural upgrades. Did you do this?

5- Couldn't find what's included in the Garage door? Not sure I understand what you’re asking can you please clarify?

What are you trying to ask about the garage door? I am not clear on this.

6- Which window is operating in each room? No, unfortunately they do not indicate which pane will be operating in each room, you can always order a second operating pane for $276/room
They will not tell you which window will have the operating pane in each room. There is only one per room as standard (this is to code), so if you want to have more operating panes you will have to spend the money. In that case, you should be able to select which window you want it on.

See below each question for my thoughts.
I hope this helps!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:53 pm 

SP wrote:

I hope this helps!

Well thanks a lot SP,
you helped indeed.
the only thing that still confuses me is that at the structural upgrades "Alt kitchen" was not an option. Only something called "Master Chef", and it's different that the Alt one.
And in the DC booklet, there is Alt kitchen for the standard one and Alt kitchen for Master Chef!!
So that's what got me confused.

About the bulkhead, we got the Renfrew model. The kitchen cabinets are not enough I think, that's why we need taller cabinets. If there is nothing we can do about that, then I think that sucks :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:25 pm 

xony wrote:
SP wrote:

I hope this helps!

Well thanks a lot SP,
you helped indeed.
the only thing that still confuses me is that at the structural upgrades "Alt kitchen" was not an option. Only something called "Master Chef", and it's different that the Alt one.
And in the DC booklet, there is Alt kitchen for the standard one and Alt kitchen for Master Chef!!

About the bulkhead, we got the Renfrew model. The kitchen cabinets are not enough I think, that's why we need taller cabinets. If there is nothing we can do about that, then I think that sucks :(

If you have 9' ceilings the kitchen cabinets will be tall. From the looks of it, I think you made the right choice going with the standard kitchen. I'm not a fan of how the chefs kitchen looks in that model. A big island is the way to go! You look like you have more cabinets than my parent's kitchen, and I think its plenty. One thing they did, and you can also do, is turn the closet next to the garage door into a pantry. I did this in my first house as well and it was the best thing ever.

Unfortunately, the bulkhead battle is one that is often lost.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:14 am 

xony wrote:
SP wrote:

I hope this helps!

Well thanks a lot SP,
you helped indeed.

nothing you can do about the bulkhead. There will be a duct in there. I added shelves to the coat closet at the garage entrance, making it into a pantry. This really helped with the space issue.

Also, in the living/dining room you should consider getting the coffered ceiling. If you don't, you will have bulkheads for the ducting and it wont look uniform.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:48 pm 

Thanks SP and elementZ :)
i will reply to her email and let's see the outcome :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:11 pm 

Saw on google maps that HSV is on the map with the streets dug out

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:36 pm 

funnyman82 wrote:
Saw on google maps that HSV is on the map with the streets dug out

Good find funnyman82

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:33 am 

I combined the Google Maps image with the Site Map, if anyone's curious where their house is.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:39 am 

Oh that's sweet AntonX2!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:47 am 

AntonX2 wrote:
I combined the Google Maps image with the Site Map, if anyone's curious where their house is.

Thanks Anton super cool and accurate at least for my street

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:11 am 

how do you look in google? when i put my street name it shows only till louis st laurant . the farmstead extension is not shown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:45 am 

Don't search for a street name, just pan and zoom to the area and you will see it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:55 am 

That's awesome AntonX2

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:01 am 

ss24 wrote:
how do you look in google? when i put my street name it shows only till louis st laurant . the farmstead extension is not shown

Here's a link https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Milton,+ON/@43.4850209,-79.8378407,1161m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x882b6fa34a2371d5:0x60f4dd8775707432!6m1!1e1?hl=en

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:43 pm 

Wow awesome map AntonX2!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next