HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:32 pm 

I am waiting for new release from Mattamy and depending on the price, I might book a new house. Since I've never bought directly from builder at the time of release, so I am wondering if someone can share past experience of booking with Mattamy.

I was told by Mattamy that they send email a day before and then you go there for lineup and get number. My question is how early you should try to get there and if their office is close at that time, is there any representative of Mattamy to deal with potential buyers at that time ?

If you have booked with Mattamy before and can share your experience that would be great especially for someone like me who will be going through this phase for first time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:49 am 

The way it worked for Phase 3 for me. I got an email that registration was open on Friday at a golf course (not the sales center). If you get the email, drop what you are doing and go straight there as soon as possible. Once at the golf course, you will get a ticket number for the Saturday release. On the same Friday, they also released the price list for the elevations. You don't know any lot premiums yet. What I found was typically, lots with a sidewalk were released first. Not all the lots will be released. Then on Saturday morning, we met at the golf course again, where they boarded the bus based on ticket number in sequential order. You will have to wait in the parking lot outside until its your turn (its cold in Jan!). They did have small refreshments. Also in the parking lot, they hand out the features lists, and booklets with the floor plans. You board the bus, and it takes you to the sales center where you wait outside again until its your turn to go into the sales center. Once in the sales center you can look at the site plan and see what lots are taken, and choose which lots you want. The sales staff calls people out sequentially too. Once your number is chosen, you pick your lot, sit down with the rep, tell her your model of house, elevation, and architectural options. You have to choose your arch. options now and cant change anything later on. Once you choose your lot, they will tell you an estimated closing date. Then you make an appointment to do the final paperwork, in a week or 2.

I felt like they were hearding sheep the whole day. You have less than a day to analyze the prices, and choose what is best for you. So you should have a really good idea what your budget is, and what you want.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:45 pm 

Thanks for the detailed post. It really helped me understand the process. I am sure the number you get after email are given on first come first serve basis. So next day u dont need to be there early as u already have number.

Do they have more than one option available for exterior (brick color etc ) of house in the elevation you choose ? Let us say I pick elevation A and picture is shown with siding. Is there any option to pick different color or the picture shown is the only option ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:07 pm 

The numbers you get at the golf course are first come first serve.

You don't have any options of colours. Your only option is elevation style. For example: If elevation A has a picture of siding, then it could be like the colour in the rendering, or it could be white, it could be cream, etc. It'll be close but not exact. Only thing you know for sure is that you are getting siding. If you drive around the other phases, 2 house models with the same elevations could have different brick colours and textures! You would have no idea what you are getting until much later in the process.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:51 pm 

thanks elementz for your post, that was helpful.

where is phase 3 located, where you have booked ?

Also , I noticed there is one big green box locate on street and sometimes it is right in front of a house. In past, I wanted to buy a house which was perfect in every sense except that it has that box right at front and they tried to conceal that with ornamental grass. I assume there are some electrical installation in the box.

Do you get any such information at the time of booking if such equipment will be located at front ? I am sure not, even if they know, they won't disclose it as this information potentially be a negative aspect of that affected lot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:03 pm 

kashart wrote:
thanks elementz for your post, that was helpful.

where is phase 3 located, where you have booked ?

Also , I noticed there is one big green box locate on street and sometimes it is right in front of a house. In past, I wanted to buy a house which was perfect in every sense except that it has that box right at front and they tried to conceal that with ornamental grass. I assume there are some electrical installation in the box.

Do you get any such information at the time of booking if such equipment will be located at front ? I am sure not, even if they know, they won't disclose it as this information potentially be a negative aspect of that affected lot.

Phase 3 is bounded by:
At the north by the intersection of James Snow Parkway and Trudeau Drive.
To the west by Fourth Line.
To the east by James Snow Parkway.
At the south by both cartright crescent and patterson drive.

Here's the link of the Phase 3 area:
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/43%C2% ... !1s0x0:0x0

For questions regarding electrical boxes, streetlights, mailboxes, fire hydrants, sidewalks, etc. I wouldn't advise you to waste your time talking with Mattamy sales reps. Contact the Town of Milton directly.

Here's the number for Milton Engineering Services:
905-878-7252 ext 2500

In my experience they are very helpful and friendly and should be able to help you directly or direct you to someone else who knows.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:32 pm 

Any idea when they will release the next phase in James snow parkway?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:16 pm 

no planned release at James Snow as the west of James Snow all are houses now and no vacant land.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:44 am 

and carl, any idea if next release for hawthorne village south will be the same area ( hwy25/britannia ) ? I probably will wait until some lots on south eat of LSL are released ( behind school ).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:48 am 

Mattamy is there in Milton with Hugh stacks of land and they have an agreement to build the Milton over a long period of time.

This was their major 4th release.

With every release the prices have gone up substantially. If you want your desired are, just be prepared to pay a little more higher price in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:50 am 

kashat,

I am sending you a pm over how to get into next phase of the present release.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:40 pm 

Elementz, great post!! It went the same way on the new release of Hawthorne South village the only change the made was to the location of registration and pick up which was Milton Arts Center.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:03 pm 

elementZ wrote:
The way it worked for Phase 3 for me. I got an email that registration was open on Friday at a golf course (not the sales center). If you get the email, drop what you are doing and go straight there as soon as possible. Once at the golf course, you will get a ticket number for the Saturday release. On the same Friday, they also released the price list for the elevations. You don't know any lot premiums yet. What I found was typically, lots with a sidewalk were released first. Not all the lots will be released. Then on Saturday morning, we met at the golf course again, where they boarded the bus based on ticket number in sequential order. You will have to wait in the parking lot outside until its your turn (its cold in Jan!). They did have small refreshments. Also in the parking lot, they hand out the features lists, and booklets with the floor plans. You board the bus, and it takes you to the sales center where you wait outside again until its your turn to go into the sales center. Once in the sales center you can look at the site plan and see what lots are taken, and choose which lots you want. The sales staff calls people out sequentially too. Once your number is chosen, you pick your lot, sit down with the rep, tell her your model of house, elevation, and architectural options. You have to choose your arch. options now and cant change anything later on. Once you choose your lot, they will tell you an estimated closing date. Then you make an appointment to do the final paperwork, in a week or 2.

I felt like they were hearding sheep the whole day. You have less than a day to analyze the prices, and choose what is best for you. So you should have a really good idea what your budget is, and what you want.

Hi elementZ, May I ask how many days in between the time you got the email to the friday date? Phase 3 (LSL and Bronte) will be opening soon. I'm preparing myself. Was this the time that a lot of people stayed overnight at the Golf course?

Delayed Closing date April 18, 2017
Moved in date May 18, 2017

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:24 pm 

I'll share my experience which is quite a bit different than everyone else's on here it seems.

My fiance and I were aimlessly driving around Milton roads on a Sunday afternoon and drove past the Mattamy sales office, doubled back to check it out. They had a few detached lots available on premium lots (which were $8K in addition), and on a whim we purchased one of them. There were maybe 2-3 other couples there checking things out and it wasn't a rush at all. No waiting in line, no standing in the cold nothing.... This was March 2015 for Phase 2 HSV. No stress. Took all of 30 mins to check out the different layouts, pick one and sign the paperwork. It helped that I had a chequebook on me because they did ask for a $50K deposit.

Just a heads-up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:08 am 

All town home, 36' and 43' lots detached are high demand. It will sold out right away when the day release. You will able to find some 30' lot detached left sometimes.