HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:07 am 

We walked through the site yesterday and noticed that a lot of work had been done since our last visit 2(ish) weeks ago. It's now really clear where all phase 2 roads will be as they're lined with sticks. Also, nearly every lot in HSV has a stick with a lot number on it. I may be wrong, but I think it's only something like Connaught lots 10-18 that don't have sticks yet!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:49 am 

heather22003 wrote:
We walked through the site yesterday and noticed that a lot of work had been done since our last visit 2(ish) weeks ago. It's now really clear where all phase 2 roads will be as they're lined with sticks. Also, nearly every lot in HSV has a stick with a lot number on it. I may be wrong, but I think it's only something like Connaught lots 10-18 that don't have sticks yet!

I drove past by it yesterday, did you by any chance notice a slabs of concrete sitting on a trailer? I saw something sitting on the back side. Wondering if that is for the foundation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:44 pm 

Our street has been sectioned and we have sewers!

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:05 pm 

Hello, I just joined the forum. We purchased lot 11. Model: Perth with elevation "English Manor".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:07 pm 

cheers wrote:
Hello, I just joined the forum. We purchased lot 11. Model: Perth with elevation "English Manor".

welcome its a beautiful home and lot congratulations

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:41 pm 

rosaj2 wrote:
cheers wrote:

welcome its a beautiful home and lot congratulations

Thank you :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:04 pm 

okay so connaught terrace has been paved and they are installing all the utilities today. I am happy to see that there is in big electrical box infront of my house. It seems to be in the houses across from me facing east.

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:14 pm 

Thanks for the update! We're looking forward to stopping by tonight.

rosaj2 wrote:
okay so connaught terrace has been paved and they are installing all the utilities today. I am happy to see that there is in big electrical box infront of my house. It seems to be in the houses across from me facing east.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:25 am 

Got a notice that the our home could potentially be delayed as building permits have not been issued due to the work with the ravine.
I wonder if they are not able to complete it by winter they'd probably have to wait until spring 2016 before permits can be issued.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:31 am 

Yup that is similar to what happened to phase 1 construction

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:50 am 

Yes - got one as well

@Lacoste - Yes, that could be a possibility. Firm closing date seems more realistic now. Hoping not.

Really thought that this would have been avoided for phase 2 - you think Mattamy would have learned from phase 1 and started working on it. Last time I saw, there was no work is being done at all on ravine side and no stakes past lot 7.
Can anyone other than lots 1-15 let us know if they received same notice? Just wondering. Thank you in advance

:)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:48 pm 

I don't mind the delay. Gives me more time to get the decor $ stretched out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:32 pm 

For those of you that got a note about potential delays due to permit issues. I wonder if we will encounter delays as well. I am in a ravine lot on Orr Terrace. However, I haven't received anything about delays and our street has all the lots marked out and seems much further along which is strange as you have earlier closing dates.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:20 pm 

When is your closing date? I know that someone on your side, but on English mill instead of Orr, said that they have been delayed until March 30th. Their initial closing was Sept 2nd, I believe.

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:
For those of you that got a note about potential delays due to permit issues. I wonder if we will encounter delays as well. I am in a ravine lot on Orr Terrace. However, I haven't received anything about delays and our street has all the lots marked out and seems much further along which is strange as you have earlier closing dates.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:20 pm 

heather22003 wrote:
When is your closing date? I know that someone on your side, but on English mill instead of Orr, said that they have been delayed until March 30th. Their initial closing was Sept 2nd, I believe.

Miltonliving_2010 wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next