HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:26 pm 

We were closing on May 19th and got the notice of unavoidable delay e-mail this morning. It says the house won't be ready for the 19th and that they can't set a new closing date until the strikes are over and that this could pretty much imply a three month delay so... we'll be homeless!

Also, I heard from a reliable source that there are no workers on the site, so I went to see myself Connaught terrace and only a few brick layers (I could count like 3 brick layers total) were working and they didn't seem to be sufficiently stocked with materials so who knows about tomorrow.

Sad news. Tarion says this is not cause for compensation because as stated above it's 'unavoidable' so that's where we are now.

M.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:59 pm 

As someone who moved in already, I can say there are a large number of workers on this street. I can actively see brick layers working, siding guys. I'm sure there are more with the amount of trucks and people around.

There are workers on site, it might just be your area there currently isn't a large number of people, but my street is very busy.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:01 pm 

lylesback2 wrote:
As someone who moved in already, I can say there are a large number of workers on this street. I can actively see brick layers working, siding guys. I'm sure there are more with the amount of trucks and people around.

There are workers on site, it might just be your area there currently isn't a large number of people, but my street is very busy.

Thanks for info, which street are you in, we are closing on 18th, not receive any delay notice yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:03 pm 

marlonval24 wrote:
We were closing on May 19th and got the notice of unavoidable delay e-mail this morning. It says the house won't be ready for the 19th and that they can't set a new closing date until the strikes are over and that this could pretty much imply a three month delay so... we'll be homeless!

Also, I heard from a reliable source that there are no workers on the site, so I went to see myself Connaught terrace and only a few brick layers (I could count like 3 brick layers total) were working and they didn't seem to be sufficiently stocked with materials so who knows about tomorrow.

Sad news. Tarion says this is not cause for compensation because as stated above it's 'unavoidable' so that's where we are now.

M.

marlonval24, may i ask what is lot ?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:38 pm 

Just got the confimation from our bulider that my lot will close on time, but there may be a little bit of wait time for any deficiencies.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 4:01 pm 

We were supposed to close next week but aren't anymore due to strike.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:32 pm 

NIXON1972 wrote:
I heard rumors that all houses backing on ravine may get delayed until next year. Not from reliable sources though. Any one has update on ravine or channel work.

I got below reply from town.

the channel design has not yet been finalized and engineering drawings are at the final stage but they have not yet been approved. As such, we don’t have a date for the completion of the channel works.

Also, It should be noted that the completion of the channel works are the responsibility of the Developer and their construction schedule for this year has not been received. Weather permitting, we are expecting the Developer to complete the channel during this year construction season; however, no dates have been established yet.

We back onto the west channel and our customer service rep told us to expect to be delayed until our firm closing date, which is March 2017.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:13 pm 

mark_m wrote:
NIXON1972 wrote:
I heard rumors that all houses backing on ravine may get delayed until next year. Not from reliable sources though. Any one has update on ravine or channel work.

the channel design has not yet been finalized and engineering drawings are at the final stage but they have not yet been approved. As such, we don’t have a date for the completion of the channel works.

Also, It should be noted that the completion of the channel works are the responsibility of the Developer and their construction schedule for this year has not been received. Weather permitting, we are expecting the Developer to complete the channel during this year construction season; however, no dates have been established yet.

We back onto the west channel and our customer service rep told us to expect to be delayed until our firm closing date, which is March 2017.

What was your original closing date?
We also back onto the west channel - original closing date is July 27, 2016.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:20 pm 

Whirlwind wrote:
mark_m wrote:
NIXON1972 wrote:

What was your original closing date?
We also back onto the west channel - original closing date is July 27, 2016.

July 14, 2016. If it needs to go beyond the firm date, they expect to notify us shortly after our second delay notice, which is due in August.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:37 pm 

Chris wrote:
Just got the confimation from our bulider that my lot will close on time, but there may be a little bit of wait time for any deficiencies.

How did you get this confirmation did you reach out to them? I am a nervous wreck!!!!

I have emailed my new rep but yet to hear anything.

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:47 pm 

rosaj2 wrote:
Chris wrote:

How did you get this confirmation did you reach out to them? I am a nervous wreck!!!!

My husband e-mailed new rep, he replied right way.

Do you have a same rep with us, sent me the priviate msg. please.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:02 pm 

rosaj2 wrote:
Chris wrote:

Hi Rosaj2,

Aslo to ask your PDI person to confirm back with your house closing date,
we had another confirmation that from PDI said we are on time no delay.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:13 pm 

I got another delay notice after strikes are over last week saying new closing 5th December. Not sure it will be ready by then as no foundation yet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:06 am 

Yes, we got our second tentative closing date to Dec 8th, which is not the max 120 day delay. Ravine still needs to be done, so I really doubt it will be closing then bc agreement states firm closing date could be as late as April 2017.
On the bright side, according to the Milton Final Restoration for Boyne documents - the ravine trail will be on the other side (not on our side) !!
The neighborhood is looking great and we can't wait to move in.
:)

https://www.milton.ca/en/build/resource ... pt2015.pdf

Attachments:
IMG_20160630_065023.jpg
IMG_20160630_065023.jpg [ 48.23 KiB | Viewed 4737 times ]
IMG_20160630_093503.jpg
IMG_20160630_093503.jpg [ 30.51 KiB | Viewed 4737 times ]
IMG_20160630_093624.jpg
IMG_20160630_093624.jpg [ 24.64 KiB | Viewed 4737 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:53 pm 

Sorry ravine neighbours
I’ve recently been informed that, contrary to Town of Milton Restoration Framework documents dated August 2015, the trail is supposed to be on our side of the ravine. I’ve called our rep who also confirms this.
Unfortunate but seems to be true despite Diagrams indicating otherwise.
:(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next