HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:11 am 

I am glad I was able to share these photos. Its exciting for me as well anytime someone shares photos of the site on the forum.
We havent been able to get in due to security on weekends...this is the first time husband was in the area and was able to visit the site during the weekday. There was no action on Connaught Terrace but he said on other streets there was hardly any room to walk around ... lots of vehicles and workers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:19 am 

cheers wrote:
I am glad I was able to share these photos. Its exciting for me as well anytime someone shares photos of the site on the forum.
We havent been able to get in due to security on weekends...this is the first time husband was in the area and was able to visit the site during the weekday. There was no action on Connaught Terrace but he said on other streets there was hardly any room to walk around ... lots of vehicles and workers.

This may be a dumb question: How did your husband know what lot he was on when taking pics? (Ex. lot 6 facing north, lot 9 facing east). I havent been able to get in the site yet. Are there numbers on the lots?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:24 am 

Whirlwind wrote:
cheers wrote:

This may be a dumb question: How did your husband know what lot he was on when taking pics? (Ex. lot 6 facing north, lot 9 facing east). I havent been able to get in the site yet. Are there numbers on the lots?

There are lot numbers on the certain water line sticks in the ground or other utility sticks

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:02 pm 

Whirlwind wrote:
cheers wrote:

The skinny wooden sticks in the lots have lot numbers on them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:30 pm 

For those who got in the site, Any activity on the ravine/channel behind connaught? If this is holding up the lots backing onto the ravine, i hope they continue working on it instead of stopping to resume sometime next year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:42 pm 

Whirlwind wrote:
For those who got in the site, Any activity on the ravine/channel behind connaught? If this is holding up the lots backing onto the ravine, i hope they continue working on it instead of stopping to resume sometime next year.

There still seems to be a lot of work needed for ravine. There were some good photos of ravine posted some time ago not sure if you came across these: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=65612&p=539699&hilit=ravine#p539699

I have been trying to get a response from CS rep but no reply.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:55 pm 

cheers wrote:

I'm guessing your CSR is Stacey.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:58 pm 

Whirlwind wrote:
cheers wrote:

I'm guessing your CSR is Stacey.

yes, I think she is becoming quite famous :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:00 pm 

They are pouring my foundation tomorrow and have finished lots 23-26 foundations.

Attachments:
imagejpeg_2.jpg
imagejpeg_2.jpg [ 53.28 KiB | Viewed 3727 times ]

Connaught Terrace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:44 am 

rosaj2 wrote:
They are pouring my foundation tomorrow and have finished lots 23-26 foundations.

Thanks for sharing rosaj2 :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:43 pm 

Just left the site and I officially have a foundation poured!! so foundations are done for lots 22-31! I am not just excited about my foundation being up but mostly excited for the circumstances it was done in. My foundation was poured today with 10 degree weather which in December was very unlikely! We were originally worried it would be poured in the winter were optimal pouring conditions are less likely. Also foundations were poured in one shot. with my old house it was done in two separate parts which my husband did not like. Also the forms they used are brand new which will lead to a smoother finish. Again my old foundation was formed by older material which didn't leave such a great finish.

Also to update the whole street. Connaught as you all know is now fully paved and utilities are being put in for the rest of the lots. This is great news as it means things are moving in the right direction and we should see similar progress on the other lots in the new year.

I have pics but they are too big to load.

Connaught Terrace

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:13 pm 

Very exciting! Thanks for sharing!

rosaj2 wrote:
Just left the site and I officially have a foundation poured!! so foundations are done for lots 22-31! I am not just excited about my foundation being up but mostly excited for the circumstances it was done in. My foundation was poured today with 10 degree weather which in December was very unlikely! We were originally worried it would be poured in the winter were optimal pouring conditions are less likely. Also foundations were poured in one shot. with my old house it was done in two separate parts which my husband did not like. Also the forms they used are brand new which will lead to a smoother finish. Again my old foundation was formed by older material which didn't leave such a great finish.

Also to update the whole street. Connaught as you all know is now fully paved and utilities are being put in for the rest of the lots. This is great news as it means things are moving in the right direction and we should see similar progress on the other lots in the new year.

I have pics but they are too big to load.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:34 pm 

Hi I am at lot 9 Perth model backing on ravine. Any one had any closing delay with firm dates. I had May 2016 Closing but no word from Stacey CSR at Mattamy on how much delay is likely. Anyone closing earlier in April had any closing delay. Any update will help.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:36 pm 

NIXON1972 wrote:
Hi I am at lot 9 Perth model backing on ravine. Any one had any closing delay with firm dates. I had May 2016 Closing but no word from Stacey CSR at Mattamy on how much delay is likely. Anyone closing earlier in April had any closing delay. Any update will help.

Thanks

What date in May is your closing? You may still get a delay if you still haven't passed 90 days from your May closing. If you find out anything please let me know. I'm lot 7 Elmira model backing onto ravine in Connaught, but my closing is not until July 27, so I'm hoping to find out from someone who has an earlier closing date on the ravine if we are all delayed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:28 pm 

Hi Guys,

We're lot 13 on Connaught (Elmira) and are suppose to close May 5th, 2016. We should be getting our delay notice by this Friday. I believe that we'll be the first to get a delay on the west ravine Phase 2. I'll post as soon as I get the notice.

Whirlwind wrote:
NIXON1972 wrote:

Thanks

What date in May is your closing? You may still get a delay if you still haven't passed 90 days from your May closing. If you find out anything please let me know. I'm lot 7 Elmira model backing onto ravine in Connaught, but my closing is not until July 27, so I'm hoping to find out from someone who has an earlier closing date on the ravine if we are all delayed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next