HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:24 am 

I saw some messages in one of the thread thought better to start it as new topic. So it's just around water heater topic

I am also concerned with this $50 as rental fee especially when you can get cheaper but equivalent product.

I understand as per schedule A, we cannot do anything until closing. But anyone knows for how long we are in contract with National... 1,2,3...forever?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:22 am 

We have same concern and already moved in so not sure if we can do anything now. When I called National to ask how much it will be they couldn't tell me as our account hasn't been set yet. Will find out this week. But considering to buy our own one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:52 am 

when i called to set up an account with them they had no idea what i was talking about. i have a feeling they are going to be a hassle to deal with.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:18 am 

You can buy the tank from National and it should not be a problem. One caution though is that there are no warranties on the water tank once you buy out.

If you guys notices or not, the bills from National dated 10th of every months but we get it by 23rd and the invoice says 26th due date. I have already informed National about it and they mentioned they are aware of the problem and working on it. Not many here are aware of it as National automatically hits with penalties once you have not paid to them by 26th. I also got hit with penalties.

Totally not able to understand how an invoice dated 10th is received by us by 23rd and then hit with penalties. National should be banned in business based on this total violation alone apart from other nasty things like "door to door" things they do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:50 am 

Advice to all with pdi still coming, put it on the list. Don't bend to mattamy about schedule A. The pv50 tanks are also energy star compliant.

Ultimately what will happen is mattamy will reimburse you the difference as national manages the hwt. But make sure to make a big stink about it. If you call national, ask them what their regular rental rates are.

And tell mattamy that this will impact the JD power survey.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:55 am 

I guess we cannot do anything anymore about national as we already submitted our 30 days for to Tarion.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:57 am 

Strumpf - don't go down without a fight, I would pester national for the price and get then to change. I would have mattamy pay for the change.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:15 pm 

I called National and they said it is 10 yrs rental contract!!!!!!!

My call tomorrow will be the my lawyer as I don't remember signing 10 yrs contact for a water tank.

The price they quoted me is 38 per month for enviro sense.

Has anyone tried to buy it out? Did you have an option to deal with it before move?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 am 

Has anyone inquired about getting a tankless water heater from National instead of the standard that they give everyone, or do we have a choice before we move? I am okay with paying the rental fee since it works better for us financially and we like the fact that if there is ever an issue we don't have to pay to fix it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:35 pm 

chicgrl wrote:
I called National and they said it is 10 yrs rental contract!!!!!!!

My call tomorrow will be the my lawyer as I don't remember signing 10 yrs contact for a water tank.

The price they quoted me is 38 per month for enviro sense.

Has anyone tried to buy it out? Did you have an option to deal with it before move?

Don't bother, you signed it... I've known for the last two new houses I've purchased and tried to take it out of the agreement before signing but they won't do it. The builder is in bed with the hot water tank rental company... they provide the tank at no cost to the builder and in exchange they MUST get you to agree to the contract... it's not really that bad of a deal... it's pretty much the same as hiring someone to install the proper hot water tank setup (which isn't the $750 one from Home Depot) and 1 or 2 repairs over the same amount of time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:46 am 

we got confirmation that our unit is PV50 and fee is $23.83/month.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:01 am 

Today i found out that Reliance Home Comfort has bought National!!! This is good news - they don't have an account set up yet for me still...will follow up!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 7:45 pm 

Guessed you missed that news flash. Reliance bought National months ago.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:57 am 

savard1234 wrote:
Guessed you missed that news flash. Reliance bought National months ago.
Indeed I missed it - but the accounts transferred over effective May 1st, in reality the buyout impact if being felt now. Also, the sticker on the tanks that have been installed are still National Home.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:50 pm 

I got the first bill from reliance which is 42...
How about you guys