HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Phase 6 - Leger Way
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:41 pm 

Hmm ya very interesting. Maybe because they still have time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:02 am 

lalexa wrote:
Has anyone for the recent release had to make their architectural choices yet? For our first house, we had to decide I think within a week of purchasing. But for this phase, I believe they said they would contact us in about 10 days. I haven't been contacted yet, so I'm wondering if we misheard, and we're supposed to reach out to them.

Confirmed... Here is what our Customer Care told us

"If you would like to make architectural (structural) changes, our sales office will contact you within the next couple of months to come back and visit to make these changes. In the acknowledgement it says 10 days from notification which means, when our sales staff contacts you, you will have a ten day window to come in and make these changes."

Delayed Closing date April 18, 2017
Moved in date May 18, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:26 pm 

pong35 wrote:
lalexa wrote:
Has anyone for the recent release had to make their architectural choices yet? For our first house, we had to decide I think within a week of purchasing. But for this phase, I believe they said they would contact us in about 10 days. I haven't been contacted yet, so I'm wondering if we misheard, and we're supposed to reach out to them.

Confirmed... Here is what our Customer Care told us

"If you would like to make architectural (structural) changes, our sales office will contact you within the next couple of months to come back and visit to make these changes. In the acknowledgement it says 10 days from notification which means, when our sales staff contacts you, you will have a ten day window to come in and make these changes."

Perfect!! Thank you :)

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:35 pm 

Does anyone know if the DC is open in Milton yet?

Would someone be so kind as to share their experience. I bought a Lancaster this last release, and am now deciding what Architectural Choices I want, but was curious as to how much stuff costs at the DC. Need to budget, and there may be things on the inside that I want more then the architectural choice and know what kind of options are available on the inside and the cost would help tremendously in making my choices.

During the open hours, does someone walk through the centre with you to explain stuff, and do they give you literature with the approx prices of everything? ie, hardwood in kitchen in lieu of tiles cost $xx

Any info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:55 pm 

I think the Milton DC is open now. I was at the oakville one yesterday and the had flyers saying they had moved.

The first time we went we had a guided tour which occurs every hour I think. At that point they show you all the features included and optional items as well. The first time we went we didn't have our design book so it was a bit confusing. Once you have your design book it's a lot easier as you can see prices for everything. There are people walking around to answer questions as well. It was a really nice experience. We went on Wednesday open houses as I heard the weekend ones are a lot busier.

We also purchased a Lancaster...which elevation did you pick?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:56 pm 

They will walk around with you and explain how the DC works. This includes letting you know what is included vs an upgrade for your specific house/site. However, they do not give you prices. At some point (could be 1 months or 6 months after purchase - it varies) they will send you a DC book, which will include all prices. If you have a list of items that you'd like the prices for, you could post that list here. People are typically pretty good about helping out. Overall, we found that the interior stuff adds up really quickly!

rox272 wrote:

Would someone be so kind as to share their experience. I bought a Lancaster this last release, and am now deciding what Architectural Choices I want, but was curious as to how much stuff costs at the DC. Need to budget, and there may be things on the inside that I want more then the architectural choice and know what kind of options are available on the inside and the cost would help tremendously in making my choices.

During the open hours, does someone walk through the centre with you to explain stuff, and do they give you literature with the approx prices of everything? ie, hardwood in kitchen in lieu of tiles cost $xx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:59 pm 

rox272 wrote:

Your one-on-one DC appointment will be approximately 6-8 months before your 1st tentative closing. There is no other price list available at the DC besides the booklet that they make for you. You can visit during open hours and ask questions regarding the upgrades but anything specific to your house would have to generally wait until your one-on-one DC appointment.

You will get the booklet approximately a 1 month or so before your actual appointment so hopefully you have enough time to go to the DC with it and analyze the samples.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:12 pm 

heather22003 wrote:
They will walk around with you and explain how the DC works. This includes letting you know what is included vs an upgrade for your specific house/site. However, they do not give you prices. At some point (could be 1 months or 6 months after purchase - it varies) they will send you a DC book, which will include all prices. If you have a list of items that you'd like the prices for, you could post that list here. People are typically pretty good about helping out. Overall, we found that the interior stuff adds up really quickly!

rox272 wrote:

Thank You!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:13 pm 

ssqmm wrote:
rox272 wrote:

Your one-on-one DC appointment will be approximately 6-8 months before your 1st tentative closing. There is no other price list available at the DC besides the booklet that they make for you. You can visit during open hours and ask questions regarding the upgrades but anything specific to your house would have to generally wait until your one-on-one DC appointment.

You will get the booklet approximately a 1 month or so before your actual appointment so hopefully you have enough time to go to the DC with it and analyze the samples.

Thank You!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:18 pm 

funnyman82 wrote:
I think the Milton DC is open now. I was at the oakville one yesterday and the had flyers saying they had moved.

The first time we went we had a guided tour which occurs every hour I think. At that point they show you all the features included and optional items as well. The first time we went we didn't have our design book so it was a bit confusing. Once you have your design book it's a lot easier as you can see prices for everything. There are people walking around to answer questions as well. It was a really nice experience. We went on Wednesday open houses as I heard the weekend ones are a lot busier.

Yes it's open now! We went to the DC in Milton last weekend just to check it out, it's so nice and organized! For our first home, we went to the DC in Oakville and it was under construction at the time so it was a bit messy. We probably won't get our DC book for quite a while because we don't close for almost 2 years. But just to get an idea, we've been looking at the design booklet we had for our townhome, and trying to estimate the cost for our 30' home, but it's hard to tell... In addition to estimating a higher cost because it will be a bigger house, they might have also increased the prices as well!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:25 pm 

I didn't even realize that there was a DC in Milton. It must be really new because when we had our Appt in Aug, we went to Oakville. Do they have any sample kitchens? or Bathrooms? If so, what colours/styles are they? Are any of them Espresso?

lalexa wrote:
funnyman82 wrote:

Yes it's open now! We went to the DC in Milton last weekend just to check it out, it's so nice and organized! For our first home, we went to the DC in Oakville and it was under construction at the time so it was a bit messy. We probably won't get our DC book for quite a while because we don't close for almost 2 years. But just to get an idea, we've been looking at the design booklet we had for our townhome, and trying to estimate the cost for our 30' home, but it's hard to tell... In addition to estimating a higher cost because it will be a bigger house, they might have also increased the prices as well!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:43 pm 

funnyman82 wrote:

Funnyman82,

Went with the French Chateau, but don't close until May 31, 2017. Gives plenty of time to save up, however it would still be nice to have an idea how much I should budget for upgrades.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:49 pm 

No prob. Maybe I can let u borrow my book to photocopy it :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:19 pm 

Heather, they had 3 or 4 kitchens and I think 2 bathroom samples. Yes they had an example with cupboards in a dark brown colour. My favourite one was a white kitchen with a grey/brown island, probably way over our budget though! Picture below.. (Sorry I only took the 1!)

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 90.06 KiB | Viewed 2063 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:08 pm 

Thanks for posting that picture Lauren! That's a beautiful kitchen. I can't wait to check out the DC in Milton. Fingers crossed that they used some of the stuff that we chose in their sample kitchens and/or bathrooms. It's so tricky to imagine what it'll look like from a small tile or cabinet.

lalexa wrote:
Heather, they had 3 or 4 kitchens and I think 2 bathroom samples. Yes they had an example with cupboards in a dark brown colour. My favourite one was a white kitchen with a grey/brown island, probably way over our budget though! Picture below.. (Sorry I only took the 1!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next