HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Clarkson Gate-phase 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:32 pm 

Hello all Clarkson Gate owners,

Anyone move in yet on Clarkson Gate? What's your experience been like?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:39 pm 

Hello Tika,

My closing date is May 5, 2016. When is your closing?

By the way do you have your laundry room upstairs or in the basement?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:19 am 

Hi Sherky,

May 5th, that's just around the corner! We're not long after you, on May 17th. Our laundry is upstairs. How about yours?
I go to the site quite often, and it's such a mess with mud everywhere. I'm not looking forward to that part, no where for my little guy to play...not sure when we can expect a sidewalk.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:24 pm 

Hi Tika,

I went there Saturday. They may be ready to put the sidewalk or the driveways in Farmstead just before the roundabout. But you are right. It will be a while before the mud will go away. It is a lot busier during the weekdays.

I have my laundry upstairs too. The Design book did not say what washer dryer width will fit in the laundry room door. So I am buying the standard 27 inches width. I didn't think about measuring during the framewalk. Where are you buying your appliances?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:51 am 

Hi Clarkson Gate,
We've been here since March 23. The nice weather has helped a lot with the mud but now the dust is every where. We usually wall around in the evenings when the workers have gone. It's coming along so fast. We were the first and now all the houses behind us on Orr are occupied and the three in front. They told us to expect curbs and sod by 80% occupancy, Mid May to early June do by the time you all move in it should be pretty clean.
Right now...it's crazy busy!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:48 pm 

Hi Milton Lily,

Are you Lucan at the corner or Orr and Clarkson? That corner got done pretty fast!

Is your laundry room also upstairs?

Would you mind measuring the laundry room door width? And the height of the kitchen cabinet height under the fridge, from floor to bottom of cabinet?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:34 pm 

Hi Sherky,

We are moving in May 17th. Not sure of the laundry door size, to be honest I didn't even think of it when buying the washer dryer. However when I was there last weekend I noticed they installed the laundry sink and the space for washer/dryer looked oddly small. I hope my washer/dryer fits. We got our appliances from Corbeil. Kerry at the store gave us the lowest price on the appliances we wanted.
So excited about the sod coming in may-june! Wasn't expecting it till much later!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:09 pm 

Hi Tika,

I think there is enough space inside the laundry room. I measured about 65 inches of available width. What I am worried about is if it would fit in the door. If you bought a wider washer-dryer then you may have a 30 in width that you need. Stacey did not respond to me about the width.

I got my appliances from Canadian Appliances. They check their competitor prices daily. I was talking to Goemans but they did not have the units I wanted. Unfortunately, Corbiel in Dundas was the worst. The sales guy we had was obviously drunk at noon and did not want to give us pricing because he wanted to know our budget first. We left.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:21 am 

Sherky wrote:
Hi Milton Lily,

Are you Lucan at the corner or Orr and Clarkson? That corner got done pretty fast!

Is your laundry room also upstairs?

Would you mind measuring the laundry room door width? And the height of the kitchen cabinet height under the fridge, from floor to bottom of cabinet?

Thanks!

Hi...Ya...that's us!
The laundry door is 32 in wide. We got the washer and dryer in no problem.
The fridge opening is 37 across, 71 in high.

Builder was walking by yesterday, says the curbs are going in two weeks from now on Clarkson. What lot are you? I'd offer to upload pics for you but I haven't been able to figure out how to upload files, sorry. There are some beautiful homes out there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:45 pm 

Hi Milton Lily,

I am in Lot 140. I should be in front of you at the Clarkson Gate side. Thanks for the measurements! I am safe on the washer/dryer then. I was hoping the fridge height would be 72 inches.

Great news on the sidewalk! We have something to step on aside from mud.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:35 pm 

Thanks Sharky, my washer dryer is 27"width, so should fit no problem :)

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:01 pm 

I had my PDI today. They only installed temporary countertops and sinks. Expect a lot of retouched to walls. Check the edges of windows for gaps. The house is livable so a certificate of occupancy was issued already. Luckily, I planned to move in in a couple more weeks so the trades can complete the deficiencies. I hope the strike doesn't mess up the schedules for my deficiencies.

I am generally happy with the house.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:08 am 

Sherky wrote:
I had my PDI today. They only installed temporary countertops and sinks. Expect a lot of retouched to walls. Check the edges of windows for gaps. The house is livable so a certificate of occupancy was issued already. Luckily, I planned to move in in a couple more weeks so the trades can complete the deficiencies. I hope the strike doesn't mess up the schedules for my deficiencies.

I am generally happy with the house.

Are you obligated to close the home with the temporary counter tops and sinks? Also, does the builder need you around the home to complete the deficienies?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:00 pm 

Sherky wrote:
Hi Tika,

I think there is enough space inside the laundry room. I measured about 65 inches of available width. What I am worried about is if it would fit in the door. If you bought a wider washer-dryer then you may have a 30 in width that you need. Stacey did not respond to me about the width.

I got my appliances from Canadian Appliances. They check their competitor prices daily. I was talking to Goemans but they did not have the units I wanted. Unfortunately, Corbiel in Dundas was the worst. The sales guy we had was obviously drunk at noon and did not want to give us pricing because he wanted to know our budget first. We left.

Be careful of Canadian Appliances.. They sell a lot of discontinued and end of the line items. We bought our hood fan from them . went to install it and it didnt work. We had to upgrade because they didn't carry that model anymore. Someone else ordered appliances and they delivered the wrong washer... Becareful

Renfrew Elevation "G" Hawthorne Village

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 8:19 pm 

Hi doubleff,

Under the purchase agreement we all signed, Mattamy is in compliance with the temporary sink since the city can issue the occupancy permit. I will be getting my house keys tomorrow. What will happen is I will leave a copy of the key with the construction office so the workers can complete their job without me being present. I will start moving in my stuff once the work is done which is about a week. So it still works out for me.