HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 pm
Posts: 105
I am having my PDI inspection mid day tomorrow. Just went by the house and it hasn't yet been cleaned. There is dust and dirt covering the hardwood, tile and baseboards. From what I understand I'm supposed to note any damages for repair/touch up. I will not be able to see if there are any scratches to the hardwood. Anyone else did a PDI with an uncleaned house? Can't see them being able to clean all that by noon.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:31 pm
Posts: 109
Tika wrote:
I am having my PDI inspection mid day tomorrow. Just went by the house and it hasn't yet been cleaned. There is dust and dirt covering the hardwood, tile and baseboards. From what I understand I'm supposed to note any damages for repair/touch up. I will not be able to see if there are any scratches to the hardwood. Anyone else did a PDI with an uncleaned house? Can't see them being able to clean all that by noon.


Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You could either clean the house completely yourself tonight or do the PDI in the filth. I know people that have had issues with their PDI not addressed over a month. If there is something wrong in the house, you most likely will not get it fixed for months (if ever, there really is no guarantee that they would fix anything you point out anyway), nothing you can do, try to enjoy the non-damaged pieces of your house.

Don't rely on Mattamy to fix their mistakes, ask your neighbours, they don't fix anything anymore. I'm planning to pay out of pocket for a contractor to come in and fix everything wrong with the house (which will void your warranty) but it is what it is.

You bought an IKEA house (just like me), don't expect quality.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 3407
eeninety wrote:
Tika wrote:
I am having my PDI inspection mid day tomorrow. Just went by the house and it hasn't yet been cleaned. There is dust and dirt covering the hardwood, tile and baseboards. From what I understand I'm supposed to note any damages for repair/touch up. I will not be able to see if there are any scratches to the hardwood. Anyone else did a PDI with an uncleaned house? Can't see them being able to clean all that by noon.


Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You could either clean the house completely yourself tonight or do the PDI in the filth. I know people that have had issues with their PDI not addressed over a month. If there is something wrong in the house, you most likely will not get it fixed for months (if ever, there really is no guarantee that they would fix anything you point out anyway), nothing you can do, try to enjoy the non-damaged pieces of your house.

Don't rely on Mattamy to fix their mistakes, ask your neighbours, they don't fix anything anymore. I'm planning to pay out of pocket for a contractor to come in and fix everything wrong with the house (which will void your warranty) but it is what it is.

You bought an IKEA house (just like me), don't expect quality.

This is not true.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 pm
Posts: 105
Are they not required to fix as per tarrion warranty?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Posts: 3407
Tika wrote:
Are they not required to fix as per tarrion warranty?

Of course they are. Just stick to the advice being given in your other post.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 11:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:50 pm
Posts: 45
Hi Tika,

Some trades are on strike so unfortunately some final work are delayed. Just be meticulous in your PDI or 30-day warranty. Look at your floor boards, inside cabinets, Windows's edges, top and bottom of doors for dings. If you're not sure if something should be on warranty, just list them. You can decide with Mattamy afterwards if it's really covered or not.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 am
Posts: 88
Bring a swifter with you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:32 pm
Posts: 26
eeninety wrote:
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You could either clean the house completely yourself tonight or do the PDI in the filth. I know people that have had issues with their PDI not addressed over a month. If there is something wrong in the house, you most likely will not get it fixed for months (if ever, there really is no guarantee that they would fix anything you point out anyway), nothing you can do, try to enjoy the non-damaged pieces of your house.

Don't rely on Mattamy to fix their mistakes, ask your neighbours, they don't fix anything anymore. I'm planning to pay out of pocket for a contractor to come in and fix everything wrong with the house (which will void your warranty) but it is what it is.

You bought an IKEA house (just like me), don't expect quality.


What an ill informed comment...

_________________
_________________
Closed: April 2016
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 1
Sherkston | French Chateau Elevation


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:01 pm
Posts: 31
Burrcold wrote:
eeninety wrote:
Tika wrote:
I am having my PDI inspection mid day tomorrow. Just went by the house and it hasn't yet been cleaned. There is dust and dirt covering the hardwood, tile and baseboards. From what I understand I'm supposed to note any damages for repair/touch up. I will not be able to see if there are any scratches to the hardwood. Anyone else did a PDI with an uncleaned house? Can't see them being able to clean all that by noon.


Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You could either clean the house completely yourself tonight or do the PDI in the filth. I know people that have had issues with their PDI not addressed over a month. If there is something wrong in the house, you most likely will not get it fixed for months (if ever, there really is no guarantee that they would fix anything you point out anyway), nothing you can do, try to enjoy the non-damaged pieces of your house.

Don't rely on Mattamy to fix their mistakes, ask your neighbours, they don't fix anything anymore. I'm planning to pay out of pocket for a contractor to come in and fix everything wrong with the house (which will void your warranty) but it is what it is.

You bought an IKEA house (just like me), don't expect quality.

This is not true.


I agree, you will be fine Tika.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:58 pm
Posts: 4281
pymm wrote:
eeninety wrote:
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do. You could either clean the house completely yourself tonight or do the PDI in the filth. I know people that have had issues with their PDI not addressed over a month. If there is something wrong in the house, you most likely will not get it fixed for months (if ever, there really is no guarantee that they would fix anything you point out anyway), nothing you can do, try to enjoy the non-damaged pieces of your house.

Don't rely on Mattamy to fix their mistakes, ask your neighbours, they don't fix anything anymore. I'm planning to pay out of pocket for a contractor to come in and fix everything wrong with the house (which will void your warranty) but it is what it is.

You bought an IKEA house (just like me), don't expect quality.


What an ill informed comment...


Completely uninformed... It's called Tarion - start copying Tarion on your issues and watch how quickly it gets done.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:31 pm
Posts: 109
My post was sarcastic. You'll have to fight tooth and nail for them to finish it, but they will... eventually...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:58 pm
Posts: 4281
Ahh well played :-)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:20 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:01 pm
Posts: 31
Tika wrote:
I am having my PDI inspection mid day tomorrow. Just went by the house and it hasn't yet been cleaned. There is dust and dirt covering the hardwood, tile and baseboards. From what I understand I'm supposed to note any damages for repair/touch up. I will not be able to see if there are any scratches to the hardwood. Anyone else did a PDI with an uncleaned house? Can't see them being able to clean all that by noon.



Hi Tika, how was your PDI?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:14 am
Posts: 4608
Location: Milton
Anything that is dirty during the PDI must be noted as dirty and therefore it can not be inspected. That's the rules as per Tarion. If the Mattamy PDI Rep does not acknowledge that in the final list then as soon as the PDI is over the home owner needs to contact Tarion and tell them that the builder did not make note of this legitimate warranty issue.

_________________
For Home Inspection services call Andy Shaw at Halton Home Inspection Service. 905 876 4761

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: PDI-Dirty house
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 pm
Posts: 105
All in all it went fairly well. There was a lot of minimal issues, little scratches in walls and on door frames, uneven caulking, cabinet doors not perfectly aligned etc. According to the PDI rep because they have the handyman make all those fixes they don't put it on the PDI list. I did not question it at first but later regretted not insisting it all go on the list because I found later not all items were fixed or fixed well. Did not notice until after the close.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.130s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]