HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 7:32 am
Posts: 11
had been lined up twice but not able to get a single detached house for last month, wondering how your guys here got Mattamy new home? Any trick?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm
Posts: 217
Location: Milton
Redhair wrote:
had been lined up twice but not able to get a single detached house for last month, wondering how your guys here got Mattamy new home? Any trick?


Did you get a ticket at Rattlesnake, or wherever they're doing it now? Or have you not made it that far?

My Mom actually got us our ticket at Rattlesnake. (I work in Toronto, so there's no way I would have got there on time). My husband and I hadn't even had a real discussion about buying a new house, but when I got the email from Mattamy about the release, I looked up the house prices and realized the 30' homes were in budget. I mentioned it to my mom and she said she'd get us a ticket if I wanted and we didn't have to use it if we didn't want to. I got pre-approved for a mortgage the next day and we bought on a Saturday. You could say it was a bit of an impulse buy! :P

I think we were number 270-something, we didn't even think we'd get anything. We probably could have got a better lot if we'd actually discussed before hand instead of my mom and I debating for an hour on whether or not she should get a ticket. Oh well, hopefully we'll be happy with what we chose!

Good luck! I hope you get what you want. Just register on Mattamy's website. Usually they send an email a week before a release. You could call up the sales office and ask if they're having more releases and then you'll know to watch for the emails.

_________________
Lauren and Eric
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 6

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:21 pm
Posts: 7
The trick is to go and line up as early as possible the morning of a release. When I mean early I mean lining up at 2 am. The day we bought I was up and out of the house by 4am and was still only 4th in line on a cold Feb morning. Good luck!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 7:32 am
Posts: 11
DXDJ10 wrote:
ticket is to go and line up as early as possible the morning of a release. When I mean early I mean lining up at 2 am. The day we bought I was up and out of the house by 4am and was still only 4th in line on a cold Feb morning. Good luck!

Thanks, we are in downtown Toronto too. May 1 that time, sales gave ticket, but we were in downtown, not able to drive back to get ticket. Sales mentioned May 7 will be another release, but when we were there around 8 am, there are 150 people ahead us and only 20 lots. People started to line up 2 days ago. I registered ion their website, but the way they release lot, just not able to get one. Sad..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 7:32 am
Posts: 11
lalexa wrote:
Redhair wrote:
had been lined up twice but not able to get a single detached house for last month, wondering how your guys here got Mattamy new home? Any trick?


Did you get a ticket at Rattlesnake, or wherever they're doing it now? Or have you not made it that far?

My Mom actually got us our ticket at Rattlesnake. (I work in Toronto, so there's no way I would have got there on time). My husband and I hadn't even had a real discussion about buying a new house, but when I got the email from Mattamy about the release, I looked up the house prices and realized the 30' homes were in budget. I mentioned it to my mom and she said she'd get us a ticket if I wanted and we didn't have to use it if we didn't want to. I got pre-approved for a mortgage the next day and we bought on a Saturday. You could say it was a bit of an impulse buy! :P

I think we were number 270-something, we didn't even think we'd get anything. We probably could have got a better lot if we'd actually discussed before hand instead of my mom and I debating for an hour on whether or not she should get a ticket. Oh well, hopefully we'll be happy with what we chose!

Good luck! I hope you get what you want. Just register on Mattamy's website. Usually they send an email a week before a release. You could call up the sales office and ask if they're having more releases and then you'll know to watch for the emails.


What is Rattlesnake? Somebody sell their ticket, how and where can I find them? Please advise, thank


Last edited by Redhair on Tue May 17, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:19 pm
Posts: 2315
What is Rattlesnake? It's a golf course = lots of room to line up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm
Posts: 217
Location: Milton
Redhair wrote:

What is Rattlesnake? Somebody sell their ticket, how and where can I find them? Please advise, thank


When we bought our house, Mattamy sent an email telling people to go to Rattlesnake (golf course) to get their ticket. They seem to do all their big releases there.

_________________
Lauren and Eric
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 6

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:49 am
Posts: 115
lalexa wrote:
Redhair wrote:

What is Rattlesnake? Somebody sell their ticket, how and where can I find them? Please advise, thank


When we bought our house, Mattamy sent an email telling people to go to Rattlesnake (golf course) to get their ticket. They seem to do all their big releases there.



From our experience, and I did observe from the rescent release, they will email registered people around 12 noon of a thursday and will open Rattle snake location around 1 or 2 pm for the release of number slots only. Then the following Saturday will be the line up at Rattlesnake for going to Mattamy office.

Usually at the morning of that Thursday, Mattamy website will release the new set of prices. I did met a lot of people from Downtown Toronto. I am guessing that when they found out that Mattamy released the new prices they didn't went to work and stayed infront of the monitor and just waited for an email from Mattamy.

Others were lucky enough to just walk in and find out that there are more 30' lots open.

Hope this helps.

_________________
Hawthorne South Village - Phase 6
Midland Corner - Craftsman Elevation
Leger way
Delayed Closing date April 18, 2017
Moved in date May 18, 2017


Last edited by pong35 on Wed May 18, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:33 am
Posts: 20
My husband slept in the car for 2 days to reserve our spot in line... :shock:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 am
Posts: 88
We were in Milton one day, we drove by the sales office randomly, stopped in to see what was available with no prior knowledge of the releases. There happened to be a handful of 30' lots available that seemed to be reasonably priced. Went home, did some research, checked other builders, talked to the bank, and a few days later put down a deposit... No waiting in line at crazy times, or watching my computer screen 24/7...but I guess we were just lucky based on what I am reading here.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:31 pm
Posts: 113
We went on a Saturday last March, drove by the sales office randomly as well and I wanted to see what the crowd was about.. so we stopped and saw that they were selling houses. I thought to myself, hmmm a house might be nice. So I walked through the line and asked for some brochures and was told not to bother waiting in line today.

Went back on Sunday to talk to someone and there were maybe 2 or 3 people milling about.. I walked in to talk to someone about these homes and was told there were 2 or 3 lots left, so we just impulsively bought one of them. Stress-free. Price of the house was great for a 30' lot too.. our same house has gone up over $100k since last March lol..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:31 pm
Posts: 113
HRodrigues wrote:
My husband slept in the car for 2 days to reserve our spot in line... :shock:


How do you sleep in a car while reserving a spot?? Don't you have to leave the line to go to your car..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 am
Posts: 88
eeninety wrote:
We went on a Saturday last March, drove by the sales office randomly as well and I wanted to see what the crowd was about.. so we stopped and saw that they were selling houses. I thought to myself, hmmm a house might be nice. So I walked through the line and asked for some brochures and was told not to bother waiting in line today.

Went back on Sunday to talk to someone and there were maybe 2 or 3 people milling about.. I walked in to talk to someone about these homes and was told there were 2 or 3 lots left, so we just impulsively bought one of them. Stress-free. Price of the house was great for a 30' lot too.. our same house has gone up over $100k since last March lol..


Right on! We bought in November and our model has gone up $65k as of the last release, which still somehow seems reasonable when you start looking at what's out there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:08 am
Posts: 67
eeninety wrote:
HRodrigues wrote:
My husband slept in the car for 2 days to reserve our spot in line... :shock:


How do you sleep in a car while reserving a spot?? Don't you have to leave the line to go to your car..


There is a list on the entrance door where people put their name and after do random roll calls, so you have to be somewhere around in your car in order not to miss it and then on Saturday morning Mattamy honours this list and call people in according to it.

Last year Mattamy let people park their car on their parking lot but later people who live around complained about it and I believe now they don't allow to park there over night, so I don't know how it's done now.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:48 pm
Posts: 217
Location: Milton
eeninety wrote:
We went on a Saturday last March, drove by the sales office randomly as well and I wanted to see what the crowd was about.. so we stopped and saw that they were selling houses. I thought to myself, hmmm a house might be nice. So I walked through the line and asked for some brochures and was told not to bother waiting in line today.

Went back on Sunday to talk to someone and there were maybe 2 or 3 people milling about.. I walked in to talk to someone about these homes and was told there were 2 or 3 lots left, so we just impulsively bought one of them. Stress-free. Price of the house was great for a 30' lot too.. our same house has gone up over $100k since last March lol..


I think if you buy the day of the big release, in addition to getting first pick on the lot #, there are certain incentives, like so much $ off the purchase price and so much $ towards design upgrades. I'm not sure if you get that if you walk in on a different day. But you can't lose buying after the release either. The prices keep going up, as you said your house has gone up by 100k! And it must be nice to avoid waiting hours in the snow.

When we bought our townhome, we stood outside in January for 14 hours at Rattlesnake waiting for our ticket to be called (I think we got 5K off the purchase price and 5K in upgrades). Then about 2 yrs later, we decided to purchase a detached home Nov 2015 and we waited for about 14 hours again (5K of the purchase price and 10K in upgrades). But at least the second time we got to wait mostly indoors. It sounds like if we had decided to buy earlier, like when you did, we could have avoided lining up and spent less on the house (that is assuming my model was available to purchase when you did in Mar 2015). Oh well! :) it was an experience.

_________________
Lauren and Eric
Hawthorne South Village | Phase 6

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.089s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]