HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:11 pm 

Hello neighbours, we have a Tweed End model. We had a our design centre meeting a few weeks back and selected the following.

Laminate for main office level
Laminate for third floor landing
Oak hardwood stairs (really didn't want to do it later and for the price - 2 flights - it was very comparable to after market)
Oak-square pickets
Rail and picket instead of kneewall - from the pictures they showed us it opens up the room
Sous kitchen package - we saw the fridge gable as a must have
Microwave hood fan stainless steel (figured we would save $300 doing it ourselves later but wasn't worth the hassle)
Pendants rough in for kitchen ceiling

We also added a super shower for the main ensuite as part of the architect options. We skipped the shower door as after market suppliers are offering tempered glass doors in the price Mattamy was charging for a glass/chrome edge shower door.

All in we went about $6,000 out of pocket in design centre and architectural options after accounting for the $5,000 design credit from Mattamy.

Our closing is scheduled for September 2017. Is there reason to believe this will be delayed? We haven't been contacted re. a delay as yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:24 am 

Hi callmebob,

We live in a Tweed end right now and love it. I think it's the best layout out of all of the village homes. Only downside is that we don't know what to do with the "flex space" on the first floor. For now we've just put a single chair there to fill up the space but no one ever spends any time down there.

We are supposed to be closing September 2017 as well but I've been told it's most likely going to get delayed into at least January 2018. Apparently they had to pull workers off of this community to help with some of the other phases that were behind so that pushed this entire phase behind as well. You will likely find out about your delay just over 90 days prior to your closing, so probably some time in June.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:01 pm 

callmebob wrote:
Hello neighbours, we have a Tweed End model. We had a our design centre meeting a few weeks back and selected the following.

Laminate for main office level
Laminate for third floor landing
Oak hardwood stairs (really didn't want to do it later and for the price - 2 flights - it was very comparable to after market)
Oak-square pickets
Rail and picket instead of kneewall - from the pictures they showed us it opens up the room
Sous kitchen package - we saw the fridge gable as a must have
Microwave hood fan stainless steel (figured we would save $300 doing it ourselves later but wasn't worth the hassle)
Pendants rough in for kitchen ceiling

We also added a super shower for the main ensuite as part of the architect options. We skipped the shower door as after market suppliers are offering tempered glass doors in the price Mattamy was charging for a glass/chrome edge shower door.

All in we went about $6,000 out of pocket in design centre and architectural options after accounting for the $5,000 design credit from Mattamy.

Our closing is scheduled for September 2017. Is there reason to believe this will be delayed? We haven't been contacted re. a delay as yet.

Our initial closing date was June 1 the second tentative date given to us is September 6th and my understanding is that it will be delayed once more and will be moved to October.
will find out by next week.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:56 am 

Globalnews.ca: Mattamy homeowners furious with builder. http://globalnews.ca/news/3500224/matta ... h-builder/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:01 pm 

2nd and final tentative date moved to October.
From June to September and now to end of October.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:31 am 

Just got our first delay notification. Our second tentative date is Jan 2018.

I'm seeing a lot of the homes have already been framed and bricked in the community so I think our block will be one of the last ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:57 pm 

jwaqar07 wrote:

I'm seeing a lot of the homes have already been framed and bricked in the community so I think our block will be one of the last ones.

What is your Lot No ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:35 am 

accordude wrote:
jwaqar07 wrote:

What is your Lot No ?

7-6, you?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58 pm 

jwaqar07 wrote:
accordude wrote:
jwaqar07 wrote:

What is your Lot No ?

7-6, you?

21-02

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:47 pm 

Hello everyone.

Finally our closing is coming up in the next couple of weeks so thought it'd be good to get in touch with prospective neighbors :) .... been a long wait after two delays.
We're at Allport and have the sutton corner. These days I'm visiting the site almost every other day since we live close-by. Seems like a lot of people have already moved in on the south end.

Any tips/things to look out for in the PDI?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:00 pm 

jwaqar07 wrote:
accordude wrote:
jwaqar07 wrote:

What is your Lot No ?

7-6, you?

21-02

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:13 am 

Hi Accordude

Have you taken possession yet? I have driven by your place and it looks lovely. Our Windsor is slated to be ready June 2018 for phase 10.