HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Phase 6 - Leger Way
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:26 am 

Bought on Leger Way. Let's get to know the neighbors.

I am hoping this is far enough from the future Intermodal for noise reasons.
What a nasty thing corporate greed is. They make enough to not have sold lots here and still be perfectly fine seeing as they own like half the Milton land.

Post subject: Re: Phase 6 - Leger Way
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:30 am 

oceanguard wrote:
Bought on Leger Way. Let's get to know the neighbors.

I am hoping this is far enough from the future Intermodal for noise reasons.
What a nasty thing corporate greed is. They make enough to not have sold lots here and still be perfectly fine seeing as they own like half the Milton land.

I'm at Locker Place and Leger Way.

Delayed Closing date April 18, 2017
Moved in date May 18, 2017

Last edited by pong35 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:06 pm 

My husband and I also bought on Leger Way! We purchased a 30' home closing July 2017.

Firm Closing Date: September 14, 2017

Last edited by lalexa on Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:52 pm 

Bought on leger way as well! 30' closing in May. BTW do we pronounce it Ledger or Leisure or Legere?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:41 pm 

Both sides of The Leger way north LSL has side walks. There might be a great chance that there will be
side walks too at our side. Hope not.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:42 am 

pong35 wrote:
Both sides of The Leger way north LSL has side walks. There might be a great chance that there will be

I am pretty sure there will be. The ones that didn't were the ones of Clifford point and had the 7k premium. I decided I'd rather spend the 7k in upgrades then spend it on the premium lot.

Hoping the drive way will be long enough that we can still fit a car after the sidewalk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:14 pm 

Haris wrote:
pong35 wrote:

I am pretty sure there will be. The ones that didn't were the ones of Clifford point and had the 7k premium. I decided I'd rather spend the 7k in upgrades then spend it on the premium lot.

Hoping the drive way will be long enough that we can still fit a car after the sidewalk

I did see some home owners north of LSL along Ledger Way park their 3rd car parallel the side walk (between the sidewalk and the street). Ours has April 2017 as closing but from what I read here there is always a delay. We are hoping for a delay of closing around June or July 2017. I'm not sure if we can request longer closing dates.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:06 pm 

pong35 wrote:
Haris wrote:
pong35 wrote:

I did see some home owners north of LSL along Ledger Way park their 3rd car parallel the side walk (between the sidewalk and the street). Ours has April 2017 as closing but from what I read here there is always a delay. We are hoping for a delay of closing around June or July 2017. I'm not sure if we can request longer closing dates.

I don't think you are safe from parking tickets if you park on the boulevard in front of your house. I'm not totally sure what the rules in Milton are though!

That's funny, we have a July 2017 closing, and would have preferred earlier! We forgot to consider the closing date when we picked our lot because all of the ones we were looking at had early Spring 2017 closings. It seems like a lot of the houses have been delayed lately! But not always. Our first Mattamy house closed on time - we purchased in Jan 2014 and closed in Jul 2014 - it was really fast 7 month turn around. We would have loved to be delayed the first time because it was our first house, and we could have had more time to save. Now that we don't want to be delayed, I'm sure we will be :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:01 pm 

lalexa wrote:

I don't think you are safe from parking tickets if you park on the boulevard in front of your house. I'm not totally sure what the rules in Milton are though!

That's funny, we have a July 2017 closing, and would have preferred earlier! We forgot to consider the closing date when we picked our lot because all of the ones we were looking at had early Spring 2017 closings. It seems like a lot of the houses have been delayed lately! But not always. Our first Mattamy house closed on time - we purchased in Jan 2014 and closed in Jul 2014 - it was really fast 7 month turn around. We would have loved to be delayed the first time because it was our first house, and we could have had more time to save. Now that we don't want to be delayed, I'm sure we will be :P

Yup, confirmed by our Customer care. I can't move my closing date.

"Your first tentative date is April 18th, 2017 and that date will not become firm until 90 days prior to said date. We do have the opportunity to delay you two times, once anywhere between April 18th to August 16th and then again from August 16th to December 14th."

I guess I will hope to get any delay notice on or before January 18, 2017.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:33 pm 

Has anyone for the recent release had to make their architectural choices yet? For our first house, we had to decide I think within a week of purchasing. But for this phase, I believe they said they would contact us in about 10 days. I haven't been contacted yet, so I'm wondering if we misheard, and we're supposed to reach out to them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:31 pm 

lalexa wrote:
Has anyone for the recent release had to make their architectural choices yet? For our first house, we had to decide I think within a week of purchasing. But for this phase, I believe they said they would contact us in about 10 days. I haven't been contacted yet, so I'm wondering if we misheard, and we're supposed to reach out to them.

I think I remember (in phase 2) we were told to make appointment ourselves.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:47 pm 

lalexa wrote:

I like you was concerned that I may have missed the opportunity to make the architectural choices and therefore contacted my CS rep at Mattamy. She informed me that someone would reach out to me in a month or so.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:11 pm 

I'm on phase 1 HSV and we had to do our architect options within 10 days of purchasing. We had to call in and make an appointment to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:19 pm 

rox272 wrote:
lalexa wrote:

I like you was concerned that I may have missed the opportunity to make the architectural choices and therefore contacted my CS rep at Mattamy. She informed me that someone would reach out to me in a month or so.

Thank you!:) That's what I thought I heard.. but then of course I began to get nervous and second guess myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:20 pm 

funnyman82 wrote:
I'm on phase 1 HSV and we had to do our architect options within 10 days of purchasing. We had to call in and make an appointment to do so.

I was the same in phase 7 (closed Jul 2014). We made an appt. the week after we purchased. They must be doing it differently now for some reason!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next