HawthorneVillager.com

Hawthorne Village (Milton) Discussion Board
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:20 pm 

At the Hawthorne Village South site there has been now a total of at least 4 fires, one inside a home and the other in garbage bins left by construction crew in front or right next to occupied homes. This is very concerning to me as a resident of HVS as it appears not much is being done to prevent them such as removal of bins away from homes after working hours/when not in use. When speaking with a Mattamy rep and letting him know of my concerns for the safety of my family I was advised that it is inpractical for them to remove the bins even though it is clear the bins have repeatedly been targeted for arson and pose a danger to residents.In speaking to the fire department about my concerns they have recommended I as well as any other concerned occupants in the area voice their concerns to the Fire Chief, our area councellor (contacts below) as well as Mattamy Head Office. If you share my concerns please also voice your concerns so that hopefully more can be done to keep us safe.

Fire deputy chief: Dave Pratt 905-878-9251 ext.2809, dave.pratt@milton.ca
Area councillors: Rick Dilorenzo: rick.dilorenzo@milton.ca
Mike Cluett: mike.cluett@milton.ca
Mattamy: whoever your respective contact is

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:04 pm 

So, how does just removing the garbage cans stop the arsons? Arsonists will just work around it. You mentioned below that one of the fires was in the house. How about involving the police?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:24 am 

It's unfortunate that Mattamy has ended up pissing off so many people that this is happening to them.
Only if they realized the human value in building "homes".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:47 pm 

linda776 wrote:
It's unfortunate that Mattamy has ended up pissing off so many people that this is happening to them.

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:13 pm 

I don't think it's a customer of Mattamy's. This person obviously has issues to be doing this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:13 am 

Burrcold wrote:
linda776 wrote:

eyeroll? you have to be associated with Mattamy in some way.
If not, have you seen their reviews on homestars?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:06 am 

linda776 wrote:
Burrcold wrote:
linda776 wrote:

eyeroll? you have to be associated with Mattamy in some way.
If not, have you seen their reviews on homestars?

Right I have to be associated with them. I live in a Mattamy home smartass. To think that there is a Mattamy quality vigilante out there burning down their houses is so stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:30 am 

Burrcold wrote:
me smartass. To think that there is a Mattamy quality vigilante out there burning down their houses is so stupid.

Well it hurts close to home. So I am pretty sure you are an employee or paid by them in some way.
There are MANY mattamy homeowners on here and in general who are not happy with them. You seem to be the only one super ecstatic about this builder. Mattamy injected spies like you should be banned from the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:49 am 

linda776 wrote:
Burrcold wrote:
me smartass. To think that there is a Mattamy quality vigilante out there burning down their houses is so stupid.

Well it hurts close to home. So I am pretty sure you are an employee or paid by them in some way.
There are MANY mattamy homeowners on here and in general who are not happy with them. You seem to be the only one super ecstatic about this builder. Mattamy injected spies like you should be banned from the forum.

:lol: might be time for you to return to Allendale.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:50 am 

Some or all of these fires could have been caused by spontaneous combustion of rags or drop cloths that were left in the bins.

When left in a pile, rags or drop cloths that are saturated with wood stain, resins or glues, paint thinners, or any other oil or solvent based materials can spontaneously combust and cause a fire. Making matters worse, these bins were exposed to very hot weather. In fact, one bucket of these wet / damp rags can ignite and cause a fire.

I'm not saying that this was the cause but it is a possibility.